Aidan-Chapter 22

Aidan-Chapter 22

A Chapter by Angie Diane♥♥
"

Finally done. :)

"

Chapter 22

                Aidan was sitting on the couch when he heard the phone ring for the second time that night. Aidan picked up the phone with a sigh and held it up to his ear. Aidan didn’t bother checking to see who it was. Aidan put the receiver up to his ear.

                “Hey Aidan, its Chloe and Randy, we really wanted to talk to you because before you left you seemed really stressed and anxious. I am coming to pick my car up and Chloe is going to drive me over in a couple of hours to come get it. We are going out to dinner tonight and we did want to know if you wanted to come because this is a group thing. A couple of more people are going to be coming. Some of those people are single and Courtney is going to be there as well. She wants to see you by the way.” Randy said into the phone. Randy smiled through the phone and Aidan could feel the smile. Aidan did tell him what happened at the park and movies the other day. Aidan sighed because he was really anxious and he didn’t feel like explaining at the moment, but he was guessing he had to.

                “Sorry, I can’t come tonight I have many important things to discuss with my father. I have a feeling that my father was in on what is going on in my life right now. I know I was acting strange before, but I can explain why I have been acting this way. I really don’t know how you are going to react to this.”

                “I would really like to know why you have been acting strange today. I have never seen you this anxious. It’s got to be something bad if it is making you like this.” Chloe said finally speaking while they were on the phone.

                “Now that Chloe mentions it I agree Aidan. You have never been like this and it is very surprising that you are acting this way. You are always the calmest person in the world. Seeing you act like this is weird.” Randy said.

                “If I tell you please do not tell anybody what I am about to say. I know I can trust you guys though. I know you don’t run your mouths when I tell you something. Unlike other people that I know from when I was younger they always tell someone else’s business. Well today started off like an average day for me. I was doing chores and well I had to go into my parent’s room to get some laundry done. My dad’s room was a mess and there were papers all around the room. I picked up a set of papers. It was a long note from my mother. Well the note basically said that she was writing it because she was considering suicide. That was not the case though because I went to this lady that specializes in handwriting and paper chromatography. I knew the certain types of pens my mother used, but the person that did write the note used a different brand of pen. Ms. Margo Morales told me that my mother’s signature was traced. I know about the different types of forging signatures. I know they have blind and traced, but I forgot the last one, but that doesn’t matter. So basically what I’m trying to say is that my mother’s signature was forged and she was not the one that wrote the suicide note in the first place.” Aidan explained the story in a frantic manner. Neither Chloe nor Randy had any idea what to say. They were silent on the phone. Aidan knew that this was coming to them as a shock as well. Aidan was still shocked about the note. Aidan was trying to figure out who could write a lie about his mother like that. He knows that his father knew about his mother’s past, but he didn’t know how much his father knew.

                “Aidan, are you sure that the note wasn’t signed by your mother?” Randy finally choked out. Randy wasn’t sure if Aidan was telling the truth or not. Aidan dropped his jaw when he heard that question pop out of Randy’s mouth.

                “I kind of agree with Randy. How do you know if the letter wasn’t signed by your mother? What if that lady was lying to you? I mean you don’t know if she is telling the truth or not.” Chloe said finally. Aidan felt anger when the questions kept coming from them. Aidan knew his mom well enough to know that she wasn’t suicidal. She never was depressed and Aidan knew that for a fact. He was with his mother all the time. Ashley would always have a smile written on her face. Aidan couldn’t believe that his own friends don’t believe what he was saying.

                “You don’t believe her? Well you know what? She is a professional and what are you? You don’t specialize in handwriting. She was the only lady in town that specialized in that area of forensics. Actually she is a forensic scientist. There are a whole bunch of others, but I looked her website up and she specialized in that area. I gave her a shot and I believe what she had to say. I don’t know how you can call a professional a liar. As far as I know you haven’t been in forensics. I don’t know how you think you know this. I mean come on you haven’t even taken forensics. You haven’t studied it and you are sitting here telling me that you don’t believe someone that helped me. You know what? I’m done with you guys for now. Bye.” Aidan hung up the phone in anger. That scared Chloe a little bit because she never had witnessed that coming from a calm person. When Aidan was angry Randy was a little nervous. Randy knew how Aidan was when he is mad. Randy had only seen Aidan mad once and he never wanted to see Aidan mad again.

                Aidan sat down on the couch and he sighed. He couldn’t believe his friends didn’t believe him.

                “If my own best friends do not believe what I am saying than whom in my life would believe me? I can’t take the lies and the pressure anymore.” Aidan thought to himself as tears came flowing from his eyes. Aidan was tired and he needed to lie down, but he needed to wait for his father to come home so he could ask him about the suicide note that Aidan found on the floor. Aidan was starting to think that if he asked his dad about it he would not get a straight answer from him.

                John would make up a lot of excuse instead of confronting Aidan’s questions. Aidan knew that for a fact because he knew how John was. If he didn’t want to explain something to Aidan he would just avoid the question. John would ask something else to try to get Aidan’s mind off the situation at hand. Or John would try to pretend like he didn’t know what Aidan was talking about.

                Aidan flipped the television on and sat there and watched a movie. Aidan decided that he would watch “How to Train Your Dragon” because he heard that the movie was actually pretty good. Aidan heard that the movie was good from Randy and Chloe. They went to go see the movie while they were on a date that they went on. Aidan watched the movie until it went off and then decided to just watch another one while he waited for his father to return home from his job. When Aidan got frustrated by watching movies he went up to his room to take a nap.

                “Please let me think about what we need to do. I don’t want anyone to find this broad dead in the middle of the house.” A guy said in a low voice talking to another man.

                “Go ahead and think, but we need to get out of here before someone wakes up. I mean doesn’t she have like a kid and a husband?”

                “She does and we can’t risk getting caught by either of them because they will call the cops and we don’t want to be there when they find out that she is dead. I think we should just book it. Let me call our getaway car. ” The first guy said. He paced back and forth dialing a number on the phone.

                “We are ready to leave. Do you have the getaway car ready to pull out?”

                “Yes, I do.” A woman’s voice came through the phone.

                “We are on our way out the door.” The first guy said. He hung up the phone and started outside the door. “She is waiting for us outside are you ready?”

                “I guess I have to be ready.” The other guy said with a sigh.

                “We better hurry up before anyone wakes up.”

                They took off out the door a few seconds before little Aidan came out to get a glass of water. A couple of hours after the conversation one of the murderers came on the scene again. He was standing out in front of the bushes of the house.

                His head was in his hands and he was crying. He looked like he was going to be bawling within a few seconds. The guy went back inside the house when everything was quiet and assessed the scene. Ashley’s body was nowhere to be seen. He dropped to his knees in her blood. The house was quiet because no one was in it.

                “They must have left and went to a motel or something.” The guy said out loud to no one. He just sat there until he decided it was a good time to leave. After a few moments he heard his cell phone ring and he picked it up.

                “Where are you?” The same lady that was in the getaway car said.

                “I’m nowhere, sweetie. I will be home in a few minutes.” He said and got up from inside the house and started walking out.

                “Alright, please just be home as soon as you can.”

                “Honey, I will be home in a few seconds.”

                “Alright then I will see you soon, bye.”

                When he hung up he started to cry a little more. “I’m sorry, Ashley, we shouldn’t have done this to you. I know how much you loved us. I didn’t want to kill you, but the others did. I love you and so did they. I just don’t understand how we could treat you like this. I know every year on this day. I will cry and not be able to handle myself. Please forgive me for what I have done to you. I know you aren’t here to say you forgive me, but please…just forgive me. I didn’t want to kill you. I really didn’t.”

                After that he walked out of the house never to return.

                Aidan bolted up in bed again from this creepy dream. Aidan was tired of these dreams that he was having. He got up from his bed and went into the bathroom. He got a couple of Advil’s because his head started to pound. Aidan wasn’t sure the Advil was going to work though, but he figured it would since his head was pounding. Aidan knew that he didn’t have a tension headache.

                After he took the medicine he heard his front door being knocked on. He figured it was Randy picking up his car. Aidan walked down the stairs and opened the door. Randy was standing at the door with a smile on his face.

                “Hey Aidan, are you okay?”

                “Yes, why?”

                “I was just making sure. I just came by to get my car. Are you still mad at us?”

                “Okay and I guess not, but it’s stupid that the two of you didn’t believe me when I said the suicide note is a fake one. Like I said she is a forensic scientist and she knows what she is talking about. So you can’t sit there and tell me that she is lying. I don’t think she would lie about something this serious.” Aidan said. Aidan handed Randy his keys and shut the door in his face.

                Aidan sat on the couch to watch television again. He knew his father would be home in a few minutes.  His father has been getting home at the same time every day since last week. Aidan was surprised at that in the first place. Aidan picked a music channel to listen to as he started to make dinner for the both of them. Aidan was going to question his father about the note to see what his reaction is.

                A couple of minutes later John walked through the door. John had a smile on his face and Aidan noticed that his father was happy. Aidan had to smile at his father though he was suspicious of him. Aidan put two plates on the kitchen table. John picked up the mail from the table to see what they had gotten. John smiled at his son as he walked into the kitchen.

                “Hello Aidan, how has your day been?” John asked with a smile written on his face.

                “It’s okay…and you dad?” Aidan said while his eyes were narrowing. Aidan really wanted to know what his father was hiding in that brain of his. Aidan was wishing that he had super hero powers and that he could read his father’s mind. Aidan wanted to know if he had any memories of the night his mother was murdered.

                “I had a great day son. You seem a little distracted tonight. Are you okay?”

                “I’m fine, Dad. I do have a question for you though.”

                “What is it son?”

                “Do you know about Mother’s suicide note?”

                “Nice weather we are having today, right?” His father asked diverting his questions to something else. The look on his father’s face was an unreadable expression. Aidan started to think that he struck a nerve.

                “Dad, please answer my question. I was getting clothes in your room and I picked up some papers. It was a note from Mom. It was about her considering taking her own life. Do you know anything about the letter?”

                “I have no idea what you are talking about son.”

                “Are you sure you don’t know what I’m talking about? I found out that mom didn’t really write this note and that someone else wrote it. Someone else had traced her signature, Dad. Would you please tell me the truth to this?”

                “Aidan, I’m being serious. I have no idea what you are talking about. I assure you that your mother had never made a suicide note. Your mother was the happiest person on this earth.”

                “Dad, I think you are lying. I’m sure you found this note before and asked mom about it. Please just tell me the truth I really want to know if mother was depressed. If she was she was a pretty good liar.  I promise you that I won’t get mad if you tell me the truth, dad.” Aidan said pleading with his father.

                “I’m sorry, but I do not know what you are talking about.” John got up from the table and went upstairs. John left Aidan to his thought because he wanted to go to bed. Aidan heard the shower running and he decided he was just going to go to bed. Aidan wanted to get his mind off the note that was mysteriously written letter that was not written by his mother.



© 2011 Angie Diane♥♥


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

okay first off im really not happy that Aidan got into that fight with chloe and randy because thosee two are always there for him and stuff secondly i think his dad is lying, like big time. This thing i has been in his room for how long now? years! and he's going to claim he doesn't know anything about it? nope that's a bunch of crap! he's lying!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow... I don't think that he should sleep there still.... I think John's lying still....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing, Aidan sure is clever! And what is his father upto, does he know something or not about the suicide note? Or is he just a good liar etc. So interesting indeed!

Posted 12 Years Ago


if mother was like this or it was a lie.-if mother was really depressed

I promise if you tell me that I won’t get mad or anything.”_ if you tell me, i promise i won't be mad about it.
OMG, now there's tension between himand his dad. Aidan can't stop investigating him. and Omg, creepy dreams. That is so not normal. maybe it's his mom sending him a message through the afterlife also how could they want to kill her even though they loved her? That doesn't make sensew.

Posted 12 Years Ago


awsome :3 cant wait till the next chapter ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

385 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on July 23, 2011


Author

Angie Diane♥♥
Angie Diane♥♥

Not like you need to know..., NJ



About
Name: Angie Diane Age: 22 Birthday: You can guess. -.- I don't feel like telling anyone... Add me on facebook if you want... https://www.facebook.com/BlackedHearted Also just let me know that.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..