II. Black and White

II. Black and White

A Chapter by Eunice Go

They say that black represents sadness and darkness, but for me, black represents the word lifeless. I stared on his casket one last time and let the pain crash into me.

“ Angelie, Everything’s gonna be okay.” Mom comforted me, though she failed because I never felt anything. Numb. Pain. That’s what I’m feeling.

-

My parents were comforting me, endlessly. I knew that every effort was wasted, because I lost the guy I’ve always wanted. Before we left the cemetery, I said my one last goodbye to Vince. Maybe God has something better in store for me, I just didn’t know what it is. On our drive home, I stared at the sky. I remembered the first night he held me into his arms, the first time he said he loves me, the night I introduced him to my mom and dad.

“ Honey, we’re home.” Dad said. Dad’s been patient with me and honestly, I appreciate everything they’re doing.

As I went to my room, I lied down in my bed. I felt restless. I wanted to sleep so bad, hoping that when I wake up tomorrow, all the pain would go away. One hour, two hours, three hours had passed, I can’t fall asleep. I gave up, I scanned through the scrapbook I was currently making (the one I was supposed to give to Vince, but well.. he can never see it, I can never hear his voice again) I checked my clock, it was past two already. I was emotionally tired. I recalled the last time I was with him.

“ Hey sexy.” He greeted me.

“ Hey handsome.” I greeted him back. He was wearing his blue polo that made him unbelievably handsome.

“ I believe we have a date tonight.” He reminded me.

“ Oh. Yes. That’s right.” I smiled.

“ See you later. 7 pm, I’ll pick you up. I reserved a place for us two. You’ll like it. The venue, it’s so beautiful. You can take a lot of pictures, but then you have to include my picture too!” We both laughed.

“ Could you please stay for a while? Even if we’d be seeing each other after 4 hours, I’ll miss you so bad.”

“ Come here you.” He embraced me. “ You know what, You’re the most amazing girl in the whole world.”

“You’re just joking.” I teased.

“ I’ll prove it to you, sometime though. But hey, remember our first date? You were sweating a lot, does it mean I’m too hot?” He teased.

“ Shut up! I wasn’t sweating!”

“ Oh yes you were. HA HA” He laughed.

“ Not.” I laughed.

“ Anyways, I got to go now. I have to arrange something.”

“ Do you really have to go?”

“ Yes. Important.”

“ Okay.” I didn’t want to let go.

“ I love you.” I said and he pressed his lips against mine.

“ I love you, too. See you later, sexy!” He smiled.

That was the last conversation I had with him. I cried so hard and I covered my mouth so I won’t wake my parents. I wanted to let go, to let go of everything that causes me pain. I stared at the scrapbook and everything that could remind me of him. I stored it in an old box.

“ Vince. I’m sorry I have to do this. I have to let go of these things in order to feel alive again. I’ve always loved you, Vince. And in fact, up to now, I still do. I know that you’re happy with God up there. I know that if you’re here, You wanted me to be happy and enjoy life.”

I burned all the stuffs inside the box. I felt weak, my knees were trembling as I lit the match. My one last goodbye.

 

 



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go