IX. Unusual

IX. Unusual

A Chapter by Eunice Go

I woke up with the sunlight on my shoulder. I scrolled up the curtains and felt the heat. My arm’s better than it was yesterday, too bad I wasn’t allowed to go to school because of the overreaction of my parents. These past few days, both of them are busy with our family business and I was alone and left with our maids.

*knock knock* It was Ginger, Ginger was seven years older than me, I consider her as a friend, not a maid.

“ Good morning. How was your sleep?” She asked.

“ It’s fine.” I replied.

“ What do you like for breakfast?”

“ Nah. I don’t feel like eating. Ginger, can you prepare my bath? Freesia and orange blossoms please.”

“ Certainly.” She replied.

As she went to the storage room to get the new stocks of my paraphernalia in my bathroom, I examined Ginger’s life. Ginger’s an orphan, She helped my mom when someone tried to steal her wallet, that’s why she was our maid. As I immersed myself in the comforting peace my tub gives to me, I leaned my head and closed my eyes. I was careful not to move too fast.

“ Angelie. Phone.” Ginger said. I was just finished putting on my bathrobe and headed towards the cordless phone.

“ Hello?” I asked. It was my mom. She just gave me a few reminders about the painkillers that I have to take, and she called to say that they’d go on a 1 week seminar in Canada for our business.

“ Yeah, yeah. Okay mom. Yes, I understand. Okay, bye!” My last words before the line went dead.

*ring ring* Uh. Who can it be? I haven’t even dressed yet. Sigh.

“ Hello?” I asked, irritated.

“ Hey.” It was him. It was his voice. Alex.. Suddenly, I was speechless, I didn’t know what to say.

“ Alex?” I asked. I wanted to tell myself “Duh, you’re expecting this all night.”

“ Angelie.” He sighed. “ I..”

“ Why did you call?”

“ Nothing. I just want to hear your voice.. I guess.”

“ Alex, About last night.. I’m-“

“ Don’t apologize.” He sighed. “ Can’t I have a regular conversation with my friend again?” He laughed. He was trying to ease the tension. I tried to fake a laugh, guess it somehow worked.

“ How’s your.. er.. injury?”

“ It’s getting fine. A little hassle though. I can’t drive for at least a month. Who knew my stupidity would ruin everything?”

“ You’re not stupid, just careless.” He corrected. “ You should hire a driver.”

“ Thinking about it. My parents are too busy to even accompany me.” I laughed.

The conversation went smoothly, All the awkwardness suddenly faded. We talked about food, sports and the latest songs we’re into.

“ Have you heard how Bruno Mars sing?” He asked.

“ Yes. He sings extremely great.”

“ I heard he’ll have his concert here. Want to watch? On the fourteenth of Feb.”

“ Wow. Valentines’ day. Why is time so fast? Anyways, I’ve gotta go. I’ m gonna do something”

After we’ve said our goodbyes, I tossed the phone in my bed and began to do something productive. I decided to do my essay that’s due next Tuesday.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on December 16, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go