VI. Reality.

VI. Reality.

A Chapter by Eunice Go

“ Baby. I’m here.” A voice said. I wasn’t sure if this is reality, but I wanted it to be.

“ Vince? Vince, is that you?” I asked, quite puzzled.

“ Yes.” He said. His voice spoke to my soul. I was certain it was him.

“ Baby, listen to me.” He was in front of me. “ I want you to be happy.”

I tried not to cry. “ How can I be happy, when you left me?”

“ I never did. Angelie, be happy. I want you to live life and be happy. I am happy now, with my Creator.”

“ I can’t..”

“ I have to go, Angelie.”

“ No, please. Stay, please. I don’t want to wake up.”

“ It’s only a dream, Angelie. It’s only a dream, Wake up, honey.” It’s my father’s voice.

“ What?” I said. I was awake.

“ Honey, you had a dream. Then you were shouting. Your mom’s a sleepyhead, she didn’t wake up. What did you dream of?” Dad asked.

“ Dad.” I moaned, I didn’t realize I was crying so hard and my voice was shaky.

“ I dreamt of Vince.” I sighed. “ He wanted me to be happy.. He wanted me to let go of his memory.”

“ Hush, baby. Hush.” He embraced me tighter.

-

The next morning, I didn’t know what it was like, to feel okay again. To feel alive again. I wanted for the dream to be reality. I wanted him beside me. I know that I should get over him. Today, I didn’t have any classes. All my work’s done and I feel lazy to do anything.

“ Angelie.” Mom called. “ You have a visitor.”

“ A visitor?” I asked. “ I’m not expecting any visitor.” I brushed my teeth and slightly combed my hair and hurried downstairs. What surprised me is that it wasn’t Monique or Maggie or anyone else. It was Alex.

“ Hey.” He smiled.

“ Oh hey.” I replied. “ Mom, Dad. This is my good friend, Alex.” I introduced him.

“ What brought you here?” I asked.

“ I don’t have any classes. All of my professors aren’t around. They’re on the retreat. So I might as well do something productive.” He thoroughly explained.

“ Wow. Uhm, what do you want to do?”

“ Anything!” He laughed.

“ Okay. Why don’t you think of something to do.. while I take a bath? I just woke up a couple of minutes ago.” I smiled.

“ Sure thing. Happy bathing!” He joked.

After I was done bathing, I didn’t know what to wear. I’ve got a closet full of clothes. Giving up, I just wore my green v-neck and black shorts. Plus, I just wore my flip flops.

“ Sorry it took me so long, I didn’t know what to wear.” I apologized.

“ It’s okay. And by the way, you look great.” He said.

I didn’t know how or why, but whenever I’m around Alex, I felt special. I felt like I’m protected. I’m truly blessed to have a friend like Alex.

“ So, where do you want to go?”

“ Let’s go to the amusement park! News say Rico’s Arcade added extra loops on their roller coaster. I want to try!” I urged.

“ Okay, Maam. Your wish is my command.” He laughed.

I left my car keys in the cupboard. He insisted that he’d be the one to drive so I gave in to his request.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go