V. Wounded

V. Wounded

A Chapter by Eunice Go

The second week of college’s busy week. I was part of the volleyball team, and Professor Michaels gave me an A+ for my book review. Exams next week, and I felt stressed and pressured. Monique was busy with her painting class that’s why I’m all alone. I went to the library and began reviewing for College Algebra.

“ Mind if I sit here with you? I don’t want to be a loner.” A guy wearing gray, with a bonnet said.

“ Uh, sure.”

“ Daniel Cooper.” He smiled. “ You’re Angela, right? Vince’s girlfriend?”

“ It’s Angelie.” I smiled.

He became quiet for a while, and he began to talk.

“ So..”

“ So what?” I asked, irritated.

“ I’m from the Engineering building and I was wondering..” He paused. “ If you could be my friend?”

“ Sure.”

“ Did I bother you?” He asked.

“ Well. I was studying a while ago.” Before you came. I didn’t add that, No need to be so mean.

I continued on studying. But then..

“ Hey Angelie!” Another voice called and when I checked who it was. It was, Chloe. My classmate. The “Miss-I-Know-It-All” type of student.

“ What is it?”

“ I just want to ask you, if you know how to answer this.”

“ Yeah. That’s the easiest.” I quickly solved what she’s asking.

“ Hey Angelie.” Daniel said.

Oh no. “ Yes?”

*tut tut tut tut* It was a message from Alex. Yes, Saved by the bell.

“ Oh hey. I gotta go. Bye.” I hurriedly put the book in my bag and hurriedly ran away from those two annoying people.

“ In a hurry?” Alex asked me.

“ Yes. I’ve been surrounded by two chimpanzees.”

We both laughed, All of a sudden, paparazzis came and all I did was hide my face.

“ Miss Angelie. Is this your new boyfriend?” One of the paparazzis asked.

“ Let’s go.” I urged Alex.

“ We’re just friends. Can’t be two people from opposite sex be friends? Stop making stories. Get a life.” He spat the words out and shocks crossed their faces.

-

He drove me to the park, somewhere peaceful, somewhere where no one could ever follow us.

“ You know. When I’m feeling scared, I close my eyes, and count one two three, and the fear’s gone.”

“ Thank you. Thank you for what you’ve said to those leeches.”

“ Anytime.” He said. “ Anything.” He added.

I wish the paparazzis would just forget everything. I didn’t want Alex to be seen with me on the headlines of a newspaper. Sigh.

“ I wanna go home.” I moaned.

“ Alright, I’ll take you home.” He said.

I thanked him as he dropped me off. I asked him to stay for coffee but he said I needed to rest because I looked pale. I scrambled myself under the sheets, hoping that when I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be okay. I felt deeply wounded by everything, I ‘m trying my best to move on.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go