III. Starting all over again

III. Starting all over again

A Chapter by Eunice Go

It was the first day, the first day of having a life again. This was life outside the world I built around Vince.  I was busy finding a space in the parking lot outside of my school, when I think.. I bumped the bumper of a Ford.

“ S**t.” That’s what I managed to say. I told my dad to get me a driver, since.. I don’t know how to handle these stuffs anymore. Vince was the one who drives me to and from school. Sigh. I unfastened my seatbelts and went outside, I began to check the damages I made. Just a scratch. Thank God.

“ Oh my, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean it.” The owner went outside, and he stared at me. I was shocked when I saw his face, He was calm and he was.. well, the type of guys the girls like (not me, preferably)

“ Alexander Louis Wilson.” He smiled. “Alex for short. Well, it seems like just a paint scratch, My car will survive.” He laughed. “ And you are?”

“ Guilty.”

“ Excuse me, what?” He smiled.

“ Angela Marie Coleman.” I replied. “I’m really sorry for what happened. It was an accident, I’m willing to pay all the expenses need-“

“ Nope. I’ll take care of it. Besides, I wanted my ford to be painted yellow anyways.” He laughed. I have to pretend I was laughing, too.

“ You are.. Vince’s girlfriend right?” He asked. The question caught me offguard. I don’t know what to reply.

“ Not anymore.” I simply replied.

“ You know, you’re the topic of everyone here.” He sighed.

I sighed. “ Yep, and that’s what ticks me off. Vince was a heartthrob, and some of the girls, well b*****s I suppose, don’t know the reason why Vince settled for a geek like me.”

“ You have no idea how you are so beautiful, Angela.” He called me Angela.

“ I prefer, Angelie. Well, I suppose “beautiful” cause I’m not like other girls.”

“ Exactly. Simplicity is beauty.” He added. I didn’t know why I was so lenient with him, Why I was so comfortable talking to him. Maybe because I needed a friend.

“ By the way, How did you know Vince?”

“ He was my former classmate. By the way, What course are you taking? Aren’t you late for your class?” He asked. I checked my watch, I still have 30 minutes left before my class starts.

“ Communication Arts, and nope. I still have 30 minutes left.” I smiled.

“ Wow. You’re into poetry.” He smiled.

“ What course are you taking?”

“ Culinary Arts.” He smiled.

“ I wanted to take up Culinary Arts, too. Well maybe after four years.” I laughed.

“ Hey, I gotta go. See you some other time.” He smiled. He asked for my number so I gave him. It was so nice having a new friend. When he left, I got bored, so I decided to go inside my class room and read “The Lovely Bones”. Monique, my bestfriend, gave me this book to distract me from everything.

“ Hey!” Monique greeted me. She’s taking Communication Arts, too. She was taller than me. I am 5’6 and she’s 5’8. We used to be part of the volleyball team. I was the MVP and she’s part of the Mythical six. I consider her my best friend, and also my sister. She’s my best friend since grade school, and she’s one of those people who never got tired of cheering me up especially in times like this.

“ Hey. I saved a seat for you.” I smiled.

We’ve been given our schedule. I don’t have classes on Wednesdays, and Monique don’t have classes on Wednesdays, too. I have four hours break on Tuesdays. Professor Michaels gave us a book to read. He needed us to make a book review about “The Lovely Bones” Luckily, I’ve read the first chapter. And he needed the review for two days. The whole day went by, At six, I was already home. I was feeling a lot better especially when I heard that there’s a volleyball team In need of members, I’m excited for the tryouts. I looked at my picture frame, with Vince’s picture and said “Hey. I’m beginning to feel a little okay.” After dinner, I began reading and got carried away by the story. Tomorrow, my class would start at 9. It’s just 9 o’clock and I felt tired. Restless. My goal for tonight was to finish 10 chapters. But I’m pretty slow, and I was on the third chapter. Sigh.

*tut tut tut tut* That’s my phone signal for a new message. It was from an unknown number. About three to four texts, I figured out it was Alex, so I saved his number.

To: Alex.

Hey. Thanks for the talk you gave me this morning. It felt nice having a new friend. By the way, I just saved your number. :)

After a couple of minutes, I got a new text message.

From: Alex.

Sure, no prob. By the way, how’s your day? We have a pressure test tomorrow, We’ll make our own muffin. Sigh.

To: Alex.

My day? Well. I like my schedule (Sort of) Lots of free time. Really? Muffins are the easiest stuff to bake. Want me to help you?

From: Alex.

Sure. But I feel like you’re doing something important. I don’t want to bother you.

To: Alex.

It’s okay. I can go there if you like. Bake one for you, and then you try to figure it out. I’d bring my book and read. I have a book review to finish in two days. :)

He gave me the directions to his house. Just three streets from mine. I changed my outfit and wore my blue hoodie jacket. I slipped the cookbook and “Lovely Bones” in my bag, brought my wallet, perfume and handkerchief, and I’m ready to go out.

My parents are in the living room, watching their all time favorite movie “Jurassic Park”

“ Mom, Dad. I’m going out.” I smiled.

They looked at me and Mom asked where am I going. I promised to be back in one to two hours, and I drove.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go