X. Christmas

X. Christmas

A Chapter by Eunice Go

Months passed as impossible as I once thought, I was getting better. On September, I was awarded as the “best writer”, On November, I visited Vince and just talked to him about everything, about how time had simply made me forget all the things that had caused me pain. Alex and I we’re close as ever, He became my best friend and he was always there for me.

It’s the 24th of December, Christmas Eve. My parents and I flew to Paris. As I watched the fireworks in the sky as it signals that it’s Christmas already, I was awestruck by the brilliant display and the greatness of Eiffel Tower. I’ve been to a lot of different countries like Macau, Italy, England and Hongkong but I’ve never been to Paris. This Christmas is a little different, This is my first Christmas without Vince. I flinched at the thought. This is also my first Christmas.. that seemed so cold and so alone. Although my parents flew with me, they’re still busy with their business and everything. Sigh. I was staring at the sky when my phone rang.

“ Hello?”

“ Merry Christmas!” Alex greeted. “ I went to your house, and the maids said that you won’t be home till New Year, cause you’re in Paris. You didn’t even tell me that you’ll head there. Didn’t even have a chance to say goodbye.”

“ I’m sorry, Quite a rush. Didn’t knew we’d stay for like a week or two.”

He laughed. “ How’re you doing?”

“ Well, I’m okay, Alone.”

We spent hours on the phone, He didn’t mind that it was a long distance call because his father gave him a sim card that can be used for international calls. As I headed to the hotel around 2 a.m, I felt extremely tired and sleepy. Even though I spent my Christmas alone, I felt complete because I knew He was here with me. Happy birthday, Jesus! Thank you for stitching the wounds in my heart.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on December 16, 2011
Last Updated on December 16, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go