IV. Learning to breathe

IV. Learning to breathe

A Chapter by Eunice Go

I arrived at his house in just a matter of 20 minutes. I met his parents, Paul and Annie Wilson. I also met his cute little brother, who’s just 8 years old, Brian Wilson. He kissed me on my cheeks and I kissed him back. I always wanted to have a baby brother.

“ Hey.” Alex smiled.

“ Oh hey. I brought a cookbook. It’ll help you.” I grinned. He prepared all the stuffs needed. While he was preparing the mixture, I settled on the chair and began to continue my reading.

“ The mixture’s done.” He called. I wore the gloves and told him everything. We waited for the first muffin to be baked.

“ Ooh.” He said. “It tastes so yummy! It’s so easy. Once it’s inside the oven, it’ll pop. Nice.”

“ Glad you liked it. Well, looks like you already know how, I gotta go.” I said.

“ Wait. Since you became so very hospitable tonight. You’ll be my first customer, and first taster of my muffin.” He smiled.

I sighed. “ Okay, whatever you say.”

I’ve found a table outside near the garden, I figured out it was the perfect spot, reading under the stars. I was busy reading when I smelled the delicious scent of hot chocolate and muffins.

“ Midnight snack, served.” He said.

I took the first bite and the first sip “ Impressive.” I commented.

“ You know what, I didn’t thought you’d become my friend.” He said.

“ Why? What makes you think that?”

“ Well first, You’re popular. I remembered Vince telling us that you were his crush. From that moment on, I knew you were special. Because you are Vince’s first love.”

I laughed. “ You know, I almost lost my grip back there. But I sort of have this recipe in life.”

“Recipe in life?” He was puzzled.

“ Yes.” I smiled. “ Want to know it?”

He nodded.

“ Here it goes. I think that in life, every scar I have makes me who I am. I think that God wouldn’t allow this to happen if it’s not going to turn out good. Get what I’m saying? I think that the recipe in life is stay firm in God. Everything happens for a purpose. When he died..” I flinched. “ I didn’t know what to expect. I wanted to die, too. But then, I realized something, I didn’t die in that accident to see this.” I pointed at the stars in the sky “ I haven’t found my purpose in life yet. I am blessed to have a second chance in life.”

“ Wow.” That was all that he said.

“ Sorry for being melodramatic. Didn’t mean to.” I laughed.

“ Now I know why Vince loved you so much. You’re extraordinary.” He said.

It was already 11:30 p.m. We had enough talk and laughs for one night. I had a feeling that my parents would get mad at me.

“ It’s getting late. I need to go. Thanks for tonight. Bye.” I smiled.

When I arrived home, It was a hundred times worse than I imagined. They were peaceful and still watching the same movie, only the second part.

“ I’m home.” I greeted.

“ Good.” They both replied. Where’s the angry shouts?

“ Uhm. Aren’t you gonna scold me or anything?”

“ Scold you, for what?”

“ It’s almost 12 in the midnight, Mom, Dad, What’s going on?”

“ Oh, we know. It’s just that, You don’t know how happy we feel knowing you have a new friend besides Monique. You sleep now. We have to finish this. Good night. Love you.” Mom and Dad said.

“ Okay. Love you too guys!”

I headed upstairs and tucked myself under the sheets.



© 2011 Eunice Go


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Eunice Go
Eunice Go

Mandaluyong, NCR, Philippines



About
Eunice Audrey. MNL. Jesus above all.♥ more..

Writing
I. Preface I. Preface

A Chapter by Eunice Go