Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Xinskarr - The Escape

Xinskarr - The Escape

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

Months went by, and Xinskarr never rested. Day after day, kill after kill, wound after wound, and Xinskarr never tired. He dawned the name “Xinskarr the Untameable” for his wild nature in combat, which was obtained by the fury that he released on the battle ground that was building up for not being able to escape. Acharnor, his so called trainer, told him that he had a fight late at night. He sat in the dark room, waiting. And then the crowd cheered. It was time to fight. Xinskarr ran out into the crowd to see an Elf with a slingshot waving at the crowd. They exchanged glares. The King started the fight. The Elf shot a ball at Xinskarr. He laughed as it soared through the air. It hit Xinskarr on his shoulder, and exploded. Xinskarr flew into the wall, where the Orc dented the wall in his first fight. He then thought of an escape plan. Xinskarr stood up, covering the dent with his body. He shouted “Come on Riika! What kind of Elf can’t aim?” The Elf lined up his slingshot and fired. Perfect, the Dragonborn thought. He rolled out of the way, exposing the dent. The Elf looked at him in confusion. The wall exploded, leaving a passage into the crowd. Xinskarr threw one of his swords at the Elf, impaling him in his left lung. As the Elf sunk into darkness, Xinskarr started to scale the wall, and ran with the masses that started to run after the wall started to collapse, causing everything around it to sink. The Dragonborn escaped the arena. Now it’s time to pay those dwarves a little visit.

Xinskarr hid from the crowd. He had just pulled off a daring escape and no guard was looking at him. Xinskarr laughed at the fact. He couldn’t stay in the open, people would notice that he’s not their kind. The moonlight shun on a pothole. If I go into the sewers, I can sneak out of this town Xinskarr thought. He lifted the cover with ease, and jumped down into the hole. As he landed, he heard voices. Xinskarr hid at a nearby corner. Two figures appeared. Dwarves. Xinskarr stayed in the shadows. Wait for the right moment. A dwarf moved closer to Xinskarr’s position. He gripped his weapon. Here’s my chance.

Xinskarr leaped from around the corner. The dwarf jumped back instinctively, but it wasn’t enough. Xinskarr stabbed the Dwarf in the shoulder. The Dwarf dropped his axe. Xinskarr noticed the glint of the weapon on the ground and picked it up. The second dwarf charged at the Dragonborn. An axe flew through the air. The Dwarf hit the ground, and a pool of blood formed around his head. Xinskarr turned to the injured Dwarf, trying to pull out the sword from his shoulder. Xinskarr pulled out the sword, and dissected his leg. The Dwarf screamed in pain. Xinskarr smiled. He then put the sword next to the Dwarf’s other leg. “Now, shashtiup tundar, you will tell me where your General is, or else you’ll be crawling home.” The Dwarf stayed silent. Xinskarr became impatient. “Suit yourself.” Xinskarr raised his weapon. “Wait!” The Dwarf cried. “The General is in his chambers, above here.” The Dwarf pointed towards the ladder. Xinskarr smiled, and sheathed his sword. “Thank you for your co-operation.” The Dwarf smiled with relief, and the sound of his neck snapping was the last thing he heard. They show no mercy, and neither shall I.

Xinskarr peered into the room from the trapdoor. An army of Dwarves was round a large table, feasting upon every kind of meat from across the land. I cannot fight them all Xinskarr thought. He searched the room for an easier way to avenge his clan. He spotted oil drums from a distance. Xinskarr grinned. Time to go to work.

Xinskarr lifted the trapdoor with such power, it came off its hinges and landed on a dwarf. Everyone turned to look at the Dragonborn, and equipped their weapons. Xinskarr released his Dragonbreath. Poison gas filled the room, causing the dwarves to heave for air. Xinskarr sprinted to the oil drums, knocking any dwarf out of the way. Xinskarr reached the oil drums, and the Dwarves recovered. Xinskarr pierced the first drum, picked up a second, and ran towards the trapdoor. The dwarves formed a wall blocking his path. Xinskarr stopped. Wait for the opportune moment he thought. The Dwarf General ordered the dwarves to advance. He felt the warm oil reach his feet. The dwarves closed in on him. He pierced the oil drum, and rolled it through the dwarves, making a gap in their formation. Xinskarr grabbed a nearby lantern, threw it behind him, and ran through the gap. The dwarves engaged Xinskarr as he was running. Xinskarr rolled, blocked, and counter-attacked his way through the crowd, stunning each dwarf as he advanced. Then the air became filled with smoke. Xinskarr tripped into the hole, whilst the dwarves battled with the fire to no avail. Xinskarr ran through the sewer, picking up another sword on the way out. A memory started to play in his mind: “The only way you will escape is with a hole in your heart”. Ha.

As Xinskarr escaped the burning hideout, five dwarves blocked his path. I am not letting these hofibai stop me from escaping Xinskarr thought. A Dwarf walked to the front of the unit. “You killed the whole of my unit” he exclaimed, gripping his axe tighter, “So now this path shall be the colour of your blood.” Xinskarr glared at the Dwarves, and spat on the ground. “You killed all of my brothers” he shouted enraged, “So now I shall put your head upon a spike where my kin is buried.” Xinskarr scraped the floor with his sword. Now this is the fight I wanted.

The Dwarf General sent the four dwarves to attack the Dragonborn. One leaped at him, axe poised. Xinskarr caught the Dwarf, slammed him on the ground, and stomped on him. A loud crunch filled the air. Two dwarves attacked as if they were one. Xinskarr dodged these attacks with ease. As the dwarves tired, Xinskarr began his onslaught. The Dragonborn sliced the arm of a Dwarf, and kicked the arm to the charging Dwarf. Both dwarves fell, and Xinskarr stabbed them both in the throat simultaneously. The last dwarf stopped advancing, dropped his weapons, and ran away. “Looks like it’s just you and me, filthy dog” Xinskarr shouted, bloodthirsty for only the Generals blood. He flicked the blood off of his swords. The final Dwarf readied his two axes “I’m going to enjoy finishing what I started.” The Dwarf charged. Xinskarr held his position. Opportune moment. The Dwarf leaped. Perfect. Xinskarr swiped the air. Two dwarf arms landed on the ground, then a dwarf body. The General screamed in agony. Xinskarr picked up the Dwarf by his neck. “Now you know the pain I was going through, whilst you killed my clan in front of me. The pain you caused me when you violated my mother and killed my parents. The pain you caused me when you sent me to fight and kill those I had no quarrel with. Any last words, Riika?” The dwarf glared at the enraged Dragonborn, and smiled. “I enjoyed it all, you son of a…” his head tilted unnaturally to the side. Xinskarr snapped his neck with a single hand. Now I may know peace, Riika Xinskarr thought, with a small grin appearing on his face, as he was running to the city limits.



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing