The Duo and The Thief - The Robbery

The Duo and The Thief - The Robbery

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

Leithian awoke in his camp. His head pulsed, forcing him back onto the ground with a groan. Xinskarr heard this, and woke up with a jolt, rubbing his head. “Looks like we had too much to drink last night” Xinskarr laughed. The words echoed around in Leithians’ head, causing them to amplify and increase the pain. Leithian jumped up and ran to a tree. “You can’t keep doing that!” Xinskarr shouted behind him. Leithian rubbed his head, and leaped into the tree.

Berries. Perfect. Leithian picked the berries, and ran back to the camp. Xinskarr sat there, sipping out of his leather flask carefully, so that he did not emit a sound that would splinter his head. Leithian dropped from the tree, landing incorrectly, and hitting the floor with a loud thud. Xinskarr laughed, then held his head in agony. Leithian slowly rose from the floor, and took Xinskarrs’ flask away from him. Xinskarr stood up. “Hey, give that back, Riika.” He then fell onto the ground with a loud thud. Leithian turned around with a smile on his face. “You’re still drunk.” Xinskarr wobbled onto his legs. “Like hell I am, just give me back my flask” he slurred, then falling down onto his backside. Leithian looked at Xinskarr, and took a swig from the flask, then spitting out the contents. “This isn’t even water!” he exclaimed, chucking the flask back at Xinskarr. Xinskarr laughed. “It’s a magical potion that cures hangovers!” he slurred, then breaking out in a giggle-fit. Leithian sighed. “No, that is godale, alcoholic.” Leithian picked up his flask, and a berry crusher from his backpack, added the berries and water, then picked a leaf from the nearby bush, and started to mix the ingredients. Xinskarr peered from his position. “What are you making there Elf, some magical potion that cures hangovers?” he laughed, then rubbing his head. I’m about to put an arrow in between his eyes. The mixture became red, and Leithian drank from the container. “Much better,” he sighed “Xinskarr, take some of this.” Xinskarr smelled the container. “What is it?” he questioned. Leithian glared at Xinskarr, and he took a sip from the container. His face soured in disgust, then an instant wave of relief washed over him. “Better?” Leithian mocked. “Better.” Xinskarr replied.

Leithian felt a difference in his armour, and he looked down at his chest. His pendant was missing. Leithian turned to Xinskarr. “What was the Thief’s name that you tried to court yesterday?” he asked. Xinskarr looked at Leithian confused, then his face lit up with clarity. “I think she said her name was Thia Bearstalker, or something human like that. And if I was courting her, I would’ve succeeded,” Xinskarr replied, taking a swig from his flask, “And where is my coin purse?” Leithian felt his belt. Damn Thief. Leithian equipped his bow and quiver and walked away from the camp. Xinskarr picked up his swords and followed. “Looks like we’re going on an adventure!” Xinskarr laughed, running to catch up with Leithian.

Xinskarr drank from his flask, feet dangling off of a cliff. “I hate it when you force me to sit here, whilst you stare into the distance” he complained. Leithian looked into the brothel from a crouched position on the cliff. “Well no-one asked you to come with me,” He replied, continuing to scan the brothel, “You could be at camp, sleeping.” Xinskarr stared at the Elf, looking for a change of his expression, but failed. “You need me to rescue you!” Xinskarr laughed. Leithian stood up. “I was only joking Elf, no need to get angry and leave.” Leithian pointed at a cloaked figure leaving the brothel. “Time to get our money back.”

Thia strolled into her hideout triumphant with her winnings from the previous night. She emptied the coin purses that she took from the dwarves and the Dragonborn and her own. Not a bad night, but I could’ve done better she thought, putting all of the coins into her own purse. She then took out the sword pendant, and span it around her fingers. I wonder how much gold I’ll get from this crappy thing. She then contemplated the actions that unfurled the previous night. That Elf seemed kinda vengeful. I may need to hide my tracks she thought. Just as her trail of thought ended, an arrow passed her face, impaling the wall in front of her. Too late.

Xinskarr crashed through the door, sending splinters of wood everywhere. He scanned the room, looking for the thief. A shadow darted across his vision. Xinskarr unsheathed his swords. The shadow darted closer, running behind Xinskarr. He turned around sharply, bringing the sword closer to his head. Then a sharp plain struck his shoulder. Xinskarr turned around, to be met with the sunlight. He pulled the object from his shoulder, to find that it was a dagger. Then another jolt of pain hit his leg, and he fell onto one knee. The shadow appeared in front of him. “You know, if you didn’t break my door, I wouldn’t want to kill you” the shadow said, taking the dagger from Xinskarr. “What a shame as well, you were such a good fighter.” The shadow raised the dagger. Xinskarr glared at the executioners’ eyes. Then a small clink echoed around the room. The dagger was shot out of the shadows’ hand. Leithian dived through the window, and tackled the shadow. He then pinned it down with his foot. “Final words, Thief?” he bellowed, as he aimed his bow at her head. Xinskarr stood up from his previous position. “Hold Elf,” he bellowed. Leithian turned around, confused. “We have no need to kill this Elf.” Leithian glared at Xinskarr. “For one, this is a Half-Elf, do not get us confused,” he scorned, “And secondly, you of all people should want her dead.” Xinskarr laughed. “Why would I? I haven’t had a good fight like that in years.” As Leithian and Xinskarr was judging whether or not the thief died, Thia slowly reached for her dagger. Leithian saw the slow change of position of her hand, and shot an arrow in the path of it. “Last straw, lady,” Leithian warned. Xinskarr pushed Leithian into the wall. “Let. Her. Live. Elf.” Thia stood up, leaving her dagger on the floor. Leithian trailed her movement with his bow. “Look, Leithian, I know you’re upset with me taking your things,” Leithian pulled his arrow further, “But there must be an easy way of settling this.” Xinskarrs’ face lightened with an idea. “How about we let you travel with us, to pay back for your troubles?” Leithian glared at Xinskarr. “Are you crazy, or do you want her to rob us blind?” he asked, keeping his bow aimed at Thia. Thia stepped into the light. “And if I refuse?” she questioned. Xinskarr laughed. “Then there would be an arrow where your spleen used to be!” he answered. Thia looked at Leithian and chuckled nervously. “Well, I guess I have no choice!” she replied. Leithian took the arrow out of his bow. “Before you’re allowed to set foot with us, I want my pendant back.” Thia handed back the pendant that Leithian quickly equipped. Then she handed Leithian two coin purses, in which he took one. He replied “I do not care about the gold, I just wanted my pendant.” Thia was confused. “Long story” he answered for Thias’ confusion. “So,” Thia announced, “Where are we going?”



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing