The Duo - The Fight

The Duo - The Fight

A Chapter by The Omniscient Narrator

Four humans surrounded the Dragonborn, all with swords and shields. Then one stepped forward. Xinskarr looked up at the large human, wielding an axe and a shield. “Looks like we have a challenger!” Xinskarr laughed. Then the laugh was interrupted by a large fist hitting the Dragonborn, followed by another. Xinskarr wiped blood from his mouth. “Okay, Riika, let’s dance.” Xinskarr leaped at the human, only to be caught and thrown back to where he was. He landed onto his back. The Dragonborn punched the earth and jumped up. “I’m not going down so easily.” The human charged shield-first at Xinskarr. He then rolled out of the way, slicing the back of the humans’ leg as he rolled. The cut did not phase the human. Xinskarr looked confused, then the look was bashed off his face with a shield. The other men stopped the tank. “Wait! We need him alive.” The larger-than-life human pulled out a piece of paper from his pocket. “20,000 gold pieces alive, 10,000 dead.” Xinskarr laughed as he raised from the ground. Hm, I thought I wasn’t worth that much. “That’s for the Elf.” Xinskarrs’ laughter was silenced. What did that timid Elf do to get such a bounty on his head? “No matter, we can still collect the bounty on the Dragonborns’ head.” Xinskarrs’ hands clenched. “If you want to collect that bounty on my head, you’ll have to serve it on a silver platter.”

 

The large bounty hunter charged at Xinskarr, shield poised. Xinskarr bent his knees, getting ready to leap. The human reached the Dragonborn, but Xinskarr reacted in time. The lizard back-flipped over the human, and charged at the human, only to be hit off course by the humans' shield. Xinskarr punched the ground in fury. The human laughed at his dismay. Xinskarr twirled his sword, and launched it at the human. The sword impaled his shoulder. His hand fell onto the handle. He desperately tried to pull the sword from his shoulder. Xinskarr leaped at the injured human. He looked up to see the diving Dragonborn, but could not react in time. Xinskarr stabbed the humans' uninjured shoulder, and landing upon both swords, forcing them both to the ground. The human cried in agony, and Xinskarr stood up over the pained human. He lifted his foot, and crushed his head. The remaining humans stared in fear, then it turned into anger. The humans emitted their battle cry and charged. Xinskarr pulled his swords out of the dead body, and took his stance. Then black objects hit the ground, stopping the humans in their tracks. Then a figure blocked out the sun, launching arrows at the humans. Three humans fell into a pile of leaves. The last human alive dropped his sword. The shadow landed next to the arrows, revealing himself. "Smart choice." The human ran back into the brush as fast as possible. Xinskarr turned the shadow around to face him. "Why are you being hunted by bounty hunters?" he asked. Leithian picked up the arrows. "Long story" he replied. Xinskarr sheathed his swords and put his flask to his lips. Damn, empty. Leithian picked up the last arrow, and walked towards the brothel. The Dragonborn put his flask onto his belt, and caught up. "Finally, a drink..."

 

Leithian and Xinskarr walked through the forest, back where Leithian first emerged from. A lone dagger was left in the tree. Xinskarr pointed at the object. “That belong to a friend of yours?” he asked. The Elf swung up into the tree, and hung from his legs, closer to the knife. “Certainly looks like it,” he replied. He pulled the dagger out of the tree, and dropped from the tree, flipping and landing on his feet. Where did she go? Xinskarr walked faster towards the brothel. “C’mon Elf, this Gladiator’s thirsty!” he shouted, signalling Leithian over. 



© 2014 The Omniscient Narrator


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on June 9, 2014
Last Updated on June 9, 2014
Tags: D&D, Dungeons and Dragons, Fantasy


Author

The Omniscient Narrator
The Omniscient Narrator

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm a young person that enjoys writing, whether it be fiction or articles. more..

Writing