Chapter 14

Chapter 14

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Inside the room, Charlie's father is on the bed and the woman is sat on a chair next to the bed. Charlie says "You wanted to see me?"

Woman says "Charlotte, is that you?"

Charlie says "Hi, dad."

Woman says "You've grown."

Charlie says "Amazing what six years does to a girl, isn't it?"

Charlie's father says "Charlotte, don't speak to your mother like that. You being away didn't stop us caring about you. Right, Katrina?"

Charlie says "She's not my mother and I don't have time to get in a fight."

Katrina says "Sit down so we can talk."

Charlie says "I'm not staying. I just want to know why I'm here."

Charlie's father says "Because I asked for your help and you're my daughter."

Charlie says "Why my help?"

Katrina says "I told you she wouldn't want any part in this, Lucas."

Charlie says "I didn't say that. I don't understand why you want me to find this woman. I don't even know if I can."

Lucas says "You know people, you can find her for me. You have an eye for women, you always did."

Charlie says "Has she got a name?"

Katrina says "Your father won't tell me her name. He refers to her as his 'jardin de rose'. It means..."

Charlie says "Rose garden. Is there anything you can help me that might actually help?"

Lucas says "She works for CRBG Accounting."

Charlie says "If I find her, then what?"

Katrina says "What do you mean?"

Charlie says "I can't exactly walk up to some woman and say 'hey you don't know me but that guy that knocked you up, he's my dad. Oh, and by the way, he's dying' can I?"

Lucas reaches to the drawer at the side of his bed and takes a letter from it. He passes it to Charlie and says "Give this to her."

Charlie takes the letter, puts it inside her jacket and says "Anything else I should know about this?"

Katrina says "Like what?"

Charlie says "I don't know. It's my first time playing detective."

Lucas says "I understand this must be difficult for you but please, find her."

Charlie says "I said I'd try and I will. I've got to go."

Lucas says "Charlotte, please stay. We haven't seen you for so long, talk to us, tell us how you've been and what's going on with you. Your sister will be here soon."

Katrina says "If she has to go we can't make her stay."

Charlie says "What's there to talk about? You asked me to leave, I left. You asked me to help, I'm helping. What more do you want from me?"

Lucas says "What are you talking about?"

Charlie scowls at Katrina and says "He doesn't know? You're twisted."

Katrina says "Don't talk to me like that. You said you had to go so go."

Charlie says "Enjoy saying that don't you, Trina? Bye, dad."

Charlie leaves. Lucas looks at Katrina and says "What was all that about?"


© 2015 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on April 28, 2015
Last Updated on April 28, 2015

Charlie's Girls


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman