Chapter 72

Chapter 72

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

In the car. Mickey driving, Louisa in the front, Shannon holding baby Charlie, Leigh and Charlie in the back. Charlie is leaning on Leigh with her eyes closed. Shannon says "Is she asleep?"
Leigh says "I don't know. I think so."
Mickey says "She should be. Probably been up for the past week."
Leigh says "What makes you says that?"
Mickey says "Charlie said it would take three months to get this car running between us. Doing all the work herself to have it ready on time, she must have stayed awake the whole of last week."
Charlie says "Three days. Wouldn't have needed to if I didn't have to reshape the hood and right wing."
Mickey says "Why? There was nothing wrong with them last week."
Charlie says "I had an accident. Why were you at the garage?"
Mickey says "Looking for you."
Louisa turns in her seat and says "Is that where you've been this whole time?"
Charlie says "Mostly."
Mickey stops the car and says "We're here."
Shannon says "Thank you for doing this."
Mickey says "No problem."
Shannon says "You ready?"
Louisa says "Are you sure you want us there? I mean, don't you want to say personal stuff we don't need to hear?"
Shannon says "You're right, I do."
Charlie says "We'll give you ten minutes."
Shannon says "Thank you."
Everyone gets out of the car and Shannon walks to the grav with baby Charlie. Louisa says "CJ, I need to talk to you."
Charlie says "Sure. Let's take a walk. You two be ok?"
Leigh says "We'll be fine." Leigh kisses Charlie. "Go talk to your sister."
Charlie and Louisa walk away from the car. Charlie says "What's on your mind?"
Louisa says "Why did you tell Millie you damaged her car?"
Charlie says "What did you expect? I'd tell her you came in one night upset, angry, a little drunk maybe, and trashed the place?"
Louisa says "Well, yeah. It's the truth."
Charlie says "You're my sister and I will look out for you, even if you do hate me."
Louisa says "I don't hate you. I hate that I was lied to. I hate that you disappeared. Twice. And I don't know how to handle you and Millie being so close. That's what we should be like. I feel like she's stolen you from me. I know she hasn't but I hate her for it but she's my best friend and I love her, you know?"
Charlie says "I get it. Thing is, no-one can steal me from you, not even Leigh."
Louisa says "Big claim."
Charlie says "It's true. I'm back now and I'm not leaving. I'm not going to let you down again."
Louisa says "Really?"
Charlie says "Yes."
Louisa says "So, where's my birthday present?"
Charlie says "Want to go shopping next week?"
Louisa says "Sure. CJ, who is Shannon talking to?"
Charlie looks over towards Shannon and says "I don't know. Let's go find out."
Louisa says "Don't think I forgive you for disappearing on me again."
Charlie says "Didn't think I'd be getting off light."


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on July 2, 2016
Last Updated on July 2, 2016

Charlie's Girls


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman