Passage 1

Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                This is the story of Takeshi Ohba, a normal high school boy. He has straight brown hair reaching down to his neck, and is rather tall. It is the first semester for the seventeen year old senior. At his school, uniforms are required. So he usually wore a white long-sleeved shirt, a red tie, black jacket, and black pants. Another thing you’d notice about him is that he was quite popular. Every guy was his friend and every girl just wanted him. From his viewpoint, he is living the good life.
                Takeshi was meeting his best friend Yumi Kiari on the way to school.  They are always seen together which usually throws others off, making them think Takeshi and Yumi are a couple. In reality, they are just really good friends. It’s been that way for eight years.
                Yumi has curly black hair that stretches down to her mid-back. Another thing you would notice instantly about her is her bright green eyes. She wore the girl’s school uniform consisting of, white long-sleeved shirt, black jacket, and black skirt.
                Yumi stumbled out from her house where she saw Takeshi making his way to the front gate. He would meet her there because her house is on the way to school.
                “Takeshi! You’re here early!” She shouted as she made her way to the sidewalk.  He caught up to and they started walking in the direction of their school.
                “Yeah. Dad told me to get up and eat with him and Mom today. Something about a big deal at his firm. He thinks its good luck for all of us to eat together.”
                “Oh? Well, hopefully that goes well. I know if he’s successful you’ll be really rich. And then you can buy me stuff!”
                “Come on now. Don’t joke. Law can be a big business, but when it’s a freelance firm, there can be no room for error. Otherwise it’ll go under.”
                “Spoilsport,” said Yumi digging through her pockets, “Oh! Here, I got you this.”
                She handed him a wrapped up cookie. Yumi’s mom works in a bakery and often has leftover goodies around.
                “Thanks,” said Takeshi and they continued walking.

                Off in the Realm of Death, the two devious gods of death, Rayfe and Rath noticed that Takeshi Ohba was more than a normal boy. There is a power within him. If they wanted to release it, they would have to kill someone, but whom?
                “We’ve been watching for a while now. We should kill the girl! She’s closest to him, said Rayfe. Rath thought for a moment. He was trying to think of the outcomes.
                “If he gets this power and finds out we killed her, he might turn on us.”
                “Even if he turns, he’s no match for us. We’ll fight back. We could stir up an army,” Rayfe giggled, “As if it’d come to that.”
                “Fine. Right now’s the perfect time. They’re together,” spoke Rath in monotone-like manner.

                Takeshi and Yumi are still their way to school. It is a few blocks away now. Yumi pulls out her school journal to glance through notes she had previously taken.
                “Mr. Takanowa’s science class is way too hard. I’m getting a C- in there,” she said with anger.
                “He does make it hard. I’m barely holding on to my A.”
                “A?! But how!” yelled Yumi.
                “Hmm, I don’t really know,” said Takeshi who noticed that his shoe was untied. He stopped walking and Yumi continued. Then an obnoxious sound came from behind him. Someone was laying into their car horn. Takeshi looked back for a second, but the car had already passed him. His eyes widened. When he realized what was about to happen, he yelled with all his might,
                “Yumi, look out!!”
                Takeshi was hoping to save her, but he didn’t, or rather, he couldn’t. The car pinned her against a tree. A tree they had passed a hundred times before. She was still alive, but Takeshi knew she couldn’t last forever. Tears began streaming from Takeshi’s eyes as the guy driving the car fell out the door,
                “I don’t know what happened! The car, it just, just,” said the man. The airbag had stopped him from seeing what was in front of him now, “Oh… my god!”
                Takeshi rushed to her side. He couldn’t say a thing, but she called his name.
                “Ta, ke, shi. I never, told you, how I truly felt. I love, love you. I’m happy, I could die by... by your side.”
                “N, No!!”
                Takeshi screamed in terror. Before he could say anything else, her eyes didn’t shine the way they use to. Yumi fell unconscious and passed away. Takeshi grasped on to her hand and cried as police sirens grew closer.

                Meanwhile, Rayfe and Rath rejoiced as their plan had started. They debated who would be the one to go to the Human Realm. In the end, Rath left it up to Rayfe for the next part.


© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 3 Passage 3

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence