Passage 8

Passage 8

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                Two days have passed since Takeshi began his training. When his mother was out, he would train in their back yard. It was highly fenced so others wouldn’t see him in action. He believed he was becoming stronger and faster every second, and he was right. Even Rayfe, who watched from the realm of death, was impressed with Takeshi’s progress.
                Although Rayfe was a little impressed, he was also still impatient. Darker things grew in his mind. He had a plan that he believed will accomplish his and Rath’s true intentions. However, Rath will be angry over it and Rayfe knows it.  Thus Rayfe waits, waiting for the right opportunity.

                Takeshi was finally relaxing after a long training period. It was the weekend, so he had nothing but free time. As he went to rest on his bed, the doorbell to his house rang. He walked down the stairs and opened the door. To his surprise, it was Hanako.
                She immediately looked away embarrassed,
                “Takeshi… I, I’m sorry for causing you trouble.”
                Takeshi put his hand on her shoulder and she turned back to face him,
                “There’s nothing to apologize for. It wasn’t your fault. Kitaro’s just a fool.”
                She blushed,
                “But you got hurt because of me.”
                “No I didn’t. I’m fine I swear,” Takeshi said trying to re-assure her, “I should actually apologize to you.”
                “Me? Why?”
                “Because, I haven’t really been a good friend to you. Not yet anyways. How about tonight, we um, go somewhere. A date. A real one this time.”
                “Oh! Wow! Yes. That’s sounds great. But, I have to do something... an errand, really quick. Give me an hour?”
                “Sure.”
                Hanako turned and ran off with a smile on her face. Takeshi knew he was making the right choice, to move on.

                The hour went by rather fast and Takeshi stood at a cross section where he agreed to meet Hanako. They were going to a fancy dress restaurant.  He sports a dress shirt, black jacket, red tie, and black formal pants as he waits for her arrival.
                “Takeshi!”
                A voice called out from behind him. Takeshi turned, hearing quick claps. It was Hanako. She dressed in a bright red dress, accompanied with the same colored heels.
                “Wow. Was, uh, this the errand?”
                Hanako, embarrassed as always, quickly denied,
                “Of course not. I was, um, picking up something for school. I threw this on and came.”
                “Ah. I see,” said Takeshi, letting Hanako think he believed her, “Anyways. Shall we get going?”
                “Yes!”
                Hanako was ecstatic that she was on a real date. The two walked together towards the restaurant, which was a few blocks away.
                At the same time, Rayfe had entered the human realm, with a plan that would go against Rath’s wishes. Rayfe followed the couple closely. The two approach an alleyway, which would be a shorter route than walking the streets. This was Rayfe’s chance. No more waiting.
                Rayfe noted certain aspects of the alleyway. There was a fire escape on one building with sand bags resting on it. Attached to the bags were ropes that stretched to the ground.  His plan was made.
                Takeshi’s shoe strings had come undone. He bent over to tie them as Hanako kept walking. She had not noticed he wasn’t next to her. Then she felt a sudden snap on her foot. One of her heels had broken and she tripped forward, into a bundle of rope that was on the ground.  She began to struggle.                 When she did, she pulled one of the sandbags from the fire escape lose. As it fell, another did too. They fell, pulling her by her foot up. She screamed.
                Takeshi then looked up, not understanding what was going on. The bags were coming down and she was going up. Friction took action against the rope. It snapped. Hanako fell towards the ground. Takeshi tried to save her.  His wings spread and he darted towards her. He was fast enough to save her.       As he reached out to catch her, she fell through his arms.
                “Fool. When you act as us. You can only touch as us,” said Rayfe under his breath.
                Hanako hit the ground. Blood poured from her head. Takeshi fell to the ground as well, landing on his knees. Terror came across him. As he looked up, to curse the heavens, that’s when he saw Rayfe turning away and leaving.
                “No! No! You liar!” Takeshi screamed.
                He stood. Hanako’s blood had soaked his pants from the knees down. There was nothing but a thirst for vengeance left in his heart. Takeshi knew he had been lied to from the start, that he was being played. It was time for revenge.
                Takeshi didn’t want to create the door where he was, due to circumstances. He flew back to his home and entered his room through his window. Then he opened his closet.

                Rayfe had already made it back to his cave. Rath was waiting for him.
                “You fool. You ruined everything.”
                “No! I started it! Your plan was taking far too long.”
                “Our friendship ends here Rayfe. You’re on your own.”
                “Watch Rath! You’ll see. I’ll have unleashed the darkness. The world will be ours!”
                Rath flew away as Rayfe sat down, awaiting the human known as Takeshi’s arrival.




© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence