Passage 2

Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                It has been two days since Yumi died. Takeshi was still in shock. He couldn’t believe she was gone. His condition is pretty bad, because he couldn’t go to school, eat, or sleep. Instead, he stood gazing into the sky out the window of his room.
                His room is rather small. It mainly contains a bed, bookshelf, and desk. Also, there was a closet with most of his clothes in it at the edge of his bed. Takeshi then looked back into his room and down at the floor. Thoughts of regret raced,
                “I should have saved her. I didn’t even try. I yelled. I’m pathetic.”
                A voice came from behind him,
                “Hello Takeshi.”
                It was deep and brooding. Takeshi slowly turned and he stepped back as he saw the creature before him.
                “Who… What are you? How did you get in here?”
                “Me? My name is Rayfe. I’m a God of Death. I’ve come to this world to collect your friend’s soul,” said Rayfe with a slight smirk at the end.
                “Why are you here?”
                “Tsk. Tsk. I want to give you something.”
                Takeshi stopped for a moment, thinking that maybe he was hallucinating,
                “What could you possibly have for me?”
                “Powers like mine. At no cost.  You’ll be able to do everything a god of death can. You’ll be granted the power to fly and be able to see life spans and the name of every human with increased eye vision. You’ll also receive a scythe and have access to the Realm of Death,” Rayfe explained.
                “This… It sounds insane! What would be the purpose?!”
                Rayfe chuckled. He felt so superior to the human before him,
                “We gods are bored. We just wonder what a human would do with our powers. There already has to be some awareness in you. Otherwise you wouldn’t see me so clearly. That kind of awareness usually comes from a near-death experience.”
                “So… why… me?”
                “Well. I see your condition. You’re broken. That girl’s soul being taken away. Apparently, you’ve lost everything. Now, I will give you some new purpose.”
                Takeshi didn’t fully understand Rayfe’s words, but one thing was true. Takeshi felt there was nothing else he could lose,
                “I’ll accept your deal.”
                “Splendid. You’re going to fall asleep now. When you wake up tomorrow, you will have everything I promised you. “
                Rayfe finished speaking and disappeared in an instant. All of it had happened so fast, Takeshi didn’t really have time to think.
                Takeshi’s vision started to blur. He passed out. While he slept, he had numerous nightmares. People constantly died. Even the God of Death known as Rayfe made an appearance in them.



© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 3 Passage 3

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence