Passage 4

Passage 4

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                Takeshi had returned to his house. Although he had been told quite a bit about his newly given abilities, he didn’t fully believe that Rayfe told him everything.
                Takeshi stood in the middle of his room for a moment. Then, he decided it was time he left the house. It would be the first time in a while since he even took as step out of his room. His house was two stories, with the bedrooms upstairs and the main rooms downstairs. As Takeshi stepped down a few of the stairs, they creaked and a rustle of pans in the kitchen could be heard. Then footsteps came.
                When Takeshi got to the bottom, his mother stood before him,
                “Oh. Mom. I’m going to head out for a while.”
                Although there was much she wanted to say, she held herself back hoping Takeshi would get over Yumi by himself,
                “Alright. Don’t stay out too late.”
                Takeshi went out the front door and quickly moved to the side of his house. Once he was sure no one could see him, he brought out his wings. For the first time in the human realm, he took flight. As he slowly rose above his house, he saw kids playing in the street and adults walking on the sidewalk. None of them could see him, just as Rayfe had said.
                Takeshi took off with no destination. He was just trying out the uses of his powers. As he continued rising in the sky, his house became a mere speck distance-wise. He floated in the air for a moment. Then a loud noise came from behind him.
                It was the engines on a passenger plane. The plane came up on him too fast and he didn’t notice it in time. He was hit, or so he thought. In the moment his body came in contact with the plane, he phased through it leaving no scratch on himself. Takeshi smiled at this ability. An ability that Rayfe had forgot to mention.
                Takeshi decided to fly over downtown. Then he looked for an alley for him to set down and become visible again. He came to an alley where a woman was passing through, so he decided to wait until she was gone to land.  Then, Takeshi noticed a shady man coming up behind the woman.
                The man grabbed her from behind, placing his left hand over her mouth and his right hand to her side. There was a gun in his right hand,
                “Give me your money and I won’t have to shoot you.”
                Takeshi focused his eyes on the two. Their names and life spans appeared. The woman was seconds away from death, but the man had another twenty years. Takeshi knew he had to stop the man.
                Takeshi felt power concentrating in his palm. It was like black electricity surrounded his hand. A black rod formed over his hand and at the end, a red curved blade extended. This was his scythe.
                Although Takeshi understood he had the power to stop the man, he wasn’t fully sure on how to use it. So he did what most would do to stop an attack, attacking head first. He flew down behind the man and swung his scythe. It pierced through into the man’s heart. The man grunted and his hold on the woman loosened. She ran away as the man stumbled backwards and died.
                Takeshi stood on the ground over the man’s body, putting his power back inside himself,
                “You deserved this…” he whispered to the lifeless corpse. Takeshi then heard sirens from the direction the woman ran. He was now visible again and felt a little tired from using his power. So he ran in the opposite direction.
                Around the corner was the shopping district Takeshi visited often. He went to the closest store to catch his breath. It was called Matsu Manga and Takeshi was a regular there. Takeshi walked in and stopped, taking in what he had done. At first he had his doubts, but overall, he felt he did justice.
                “Oh?! Takeshi!” yelled a voice. A teenager looking to be the same age as Takeshi rushed over to him. He had short messy black hair and was about a foot shorter than Takeshi.
                “Ah. Hello Kitaro.”
                Kitaro used to be Takeshi and Yumi’s good friend up until this school year. Takeshi and Yumi were put in a different class, so Kitaro saw less of them at school. Another thing that took time away from them being together was Kitaro’s job at Matsu’s. The only time they could see each other is when Takeshi came to buy manga once a week, but even then, Kitaro was usually busy. So, they drifted apart.
                “It’s been a few days. You’ve missed some new issues.”
                “Eh. I was on a personal leave.”
                “Oh… Yumi-chan.”
                “Yes.”
                “Well,” Kitaro stopped for a moment and went to the back. He returned with a small stack of manga, “These are for you. On the house.”
                “Wow, uh, thanks” said Takeshi browsing through them quickly.
                “Look, if you need, anything. Anything at all. I’m here for you.”
                “Yeah? Erm. Don’t worry about it. I’m fine.”
                “But, she loved you. I don’t know if you knew… but I did,” said Kitaro looking down. He didn’t know whether or not it was his place to say such things, but he believed Takeshi should know what he did about her.
                “I know. But I didn’t… til she…” Takeshi paused, “I know you were friends with her almost as long as I was. We both suffered a great loss.”
                “But did you?”
                “Did I what?”
                “I mean. Er, did you love her back?”
                Takeshi turned towards the door and looked down,
                “I don’t know.”
                He walked out of the store.
                A crowd had gathered down the street, from the way he came. The body had been found. Takeshi walked in the opposite direction, heading home. He tried his hardest to not think about Yumi or what he had just done.

                Off in the Realm of Death,
                “Look at that. He’s experimenting.” said Rath. He and Rayfe were watching Takeshi.
                “Eh. He’s using some powers. But he only used to save that woman,” said Rayfe with some disgust.
                “So. Killing, is killing. That’s what’s important.”
                “Let’s hope he kills more than just criminals.”
                “Mm. Yes. It’s been a productive day nonetheless. I expect great things Rayfe. Great things.”



© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence