Passage 6

Passage 6

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                It has been a few days since Takeshi began going back to school normally. Each day becomes one step farther away from the accident. Only eleven days have passed since then. Takeshi thought it would be best to try and take his mind off of it. He’s been staying after school to study with Ms. Emiko for the full days he had missed.
                Although Ms. Emiko kept him working into the late afternoon, Takeshi knew eventually the lessons would end and he would no longer have to be there. For some reason, he just wanted to stay away from home as long as he could. So instead, he decided a new tactic for today.
                As class was coming to the end, Takeshi decided he would finally make up for being rude to Hanako. Ms. Emiko had a staff meeting, so it was the first night he wouldn’t have to study. Once almost everyone was gone, he stood and turned to face her.
                “Um… Hanako.”
                “Yes?”
                “I wanted to thank you for the chocolates.”
                “Oh…” she said looking away. Takeshi could tell she was easily embarrassed by him.
                “Look, I was wondering if you’d like to um, go eat something with me… sometime.”
                “A date?!”  Hanako began to blush immediately.
                Although Takeshi had not intended for it to be one, he figured it wouldn’t really matter what it is called anyway.
                “So…?”
                “Yes. When?”
                “Right now, actually.”
                “I see,” said Hanako. She stopped to think for a second. In her mind, a perfect date would be planned ahead of the actual day, that way she can spend a lot of time working on how she would look. But, seeing how she might not have a chance to go with Takeshi again,
                “Alright. Let’s go!”
                The two left the school’s campus. Takeshi couldn’t help but notice a lot of the looks he got from some of the students they passed. Hanako didn’t really pay attention to that. She just seemed to be happy.
                Eventually, Takeshi and Hanako made their way to the local coffee shop. It was a main hang out for teens around that part. They both took their seats.
                “So… do you like this place?” asked Hanako nervously.
                Takeshi took a look around. It was a very plain shop. The floor was covered in yellow textiles and the walls were painted a bright teal. Although, he had heard the place was great, he didn’t really see the appeal,
                “It’s okay… I guess.”
                “Oh, well… Hmmm.”
                “How about, you tell me about yourself? To be honest, I don’t know that much about you.”
                “Oh,” she said with a smile. Hanako was just happy he asked her.
                She then started talking about all sorts of things. Takeshi was listening, but only to an extent. He asked her to talk because he didn’t want to. His eyes because to tread upward to the ceiling.
                “I’ve got one younger brother. I’m in the swimming club…” Hanako paused noticing Takeshi was spacing out, “Mm. Maybe we should try this again in the future… today doesn’t seem to be good.”
Takeshi looked back down, straightening himself up,
                “I’m sorry. Yeah. I think I just need to go.”
                Takeshi stood, waving goodbye to her, and made his way out of the shop. Hanako smiled and waved, but the second he was gone she felt deep sadness. She hoped this was her chance to be something more.

                Takeshi arrived at his home. There was nothing but silence as he stepped through the living room into the kitchen. There was a note from his mother. Takeshi read it out loud,
                “Takeshi, went to meet your father for dinner. He’ll be working again tonight. Be home later. From Mom.”
                It was now a little into the evening and the sun was setting. Takeshi looked out the back door to where the sun was going down. He was about to turn the lights on, but then he saw a shadow outside. Something was moving around in the backyard.
                Takeshi slowly moved to the back door and then opened it. The shadow stopped moving.
                “Who is there?”
                Although it was dark, Takeshi could see pretty well. As he took another look, he recognized the being before him. It was the creature he saw when he went to the realm of death. The creature looked like it was hunched over under a huge black tarp-like cloak. Only its eyes were truly visible.
                “You…” it started. Then it looked over Takeshi for a moment, “You’re the human from before.”
                “I remember you.”
                “I should have known it was you. I was interested at first. But when I heard that you were just some scum posing as one of us. That didn’t settle well.”
                “One of us?”
                “Yes,” said the creature removing his cloak. It then stood erect, “I am Ballock, a warrior god of death.”
                Ballock was larger than Takeshi. His height was undeterminable before, but now it was evident that Ballock was bigger. His body build was athletic, and his skin was lime green scales. Purple bird-like wings stretched out from his back. As the moon became more evident in the night sky, Ballock’s blood red eyes reflected in the darkness. The moonlight also reflected off of his hands where large claws were.
                “A warrior god?” asked Takeshi, not fully understanding the situation.
                “Ah. We’re a rare breed. Unlike most gods who collect souls to pass on, we become more of a parasite to the soul. Think of it as demonic possession. We’re physically toned for war. We possess, destroy, then return to the realm of death and let the world rebuild. I was the last warrior to visit earth, and that was in the early 1800s. I was here for only a short time. Guns were becoming all the rage. I killed many humans.”
                “What’s your business now…?”
                “Haha. Just to kill you.”
                Ballock shot forward darting at Takeshi using his claws as weapons. Takeshi barely evaded. He knew he might not be any match for this god. Speed was definitely going to be the winning factor.
                Takeshi created his scythe to try and hold off Ballock at a distance, but it wasn’t enough to get the warrior to back off. Ballock evaded any notion of an attack from Takeshi and quickly closed in. Before Takeshi even had time to react, he fell to his knees as his scythe faded. Blood poured out from Takeshi’s stomach. Ballock’s claws were deep in him.
                As Ballock removed his claws and Takeshi fell unconscious, he heard a faint chuckle from behind him. Ballock turned and saw Rayfe gunning towards him.
                “Rayfe! I showed him,” said Ballock with excitement.
                “Of course you did.”
                Rayfe landed behind Ballock. In the instant Rayfe flew by him, he sliced Ballock completely in half. Ballock dissipated into dust. Then Rayfe collected the dust into his palm looking at Takeshi.
                 “It figures as much,” he said kneeling over Takeshi putting the dust into his wound, “You probably can’t hear me, but this is the energy left from a god that dies. In the human realm, the energy becomes up for grabs. Today’s your lucky day. This will save you and probably make you stronger.”
                Rayfe saw that Takeshi’s wound had healed, then took him inside and put him on his bed. As Takeshi slept, Rayfe made his way back to the realm of death to report to Rath.

                Rayfe entered the cave he and Rath dwell in to find Rath overlooking Takeshi’s home.
                “Rath, it went as you said. Well, one of the outcomes anyways.”
                “I know, I was watching,” said Rath. He turned to face Rath, “It was either; he is strong as I hoped and he would kill Ballock, or Ballock would get him, and instead we’d give him Ballock’s energy.”
                “Indeed. But the Death Crown doesn’t react well when a god dies in the human realm.”
                “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure the Death Crown will find more energy to create new gods soon.”
                “Is that so?” asked Rayfe curiously. He then backed down, not really caring for the subject,         “Well, I knew Takeshi wasn’t going to beat him. Which is funny for us, knowing that Ballock was weak as a god anyways.”
                “Mm. Well, now comes your next task.”
                “Oh?”
                “I think he’ll need a little training now.”




© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

150 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence