Passage 5

Passage 5

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence

                “Takeshi…” came a voice.
                Takeshi opened his eyes. He stood upon a grassy hill. It was a familiar place to him.
                “Do you remember?”
                Takeshi turned towards the person,
                “Remember?”
                “This is where we met.”
                Takeshi froze as he saw her. It was Yumi that stood before him. She looked no different from the last time he saw her, before the accident. He took a couple steps towards, trying to get close enough to just feel her,
                “How… how are you here?”
                “It’s a dream you dummy,” she said laughing. She grabbed his hand and pulled him close enough to whisper in his ear, “They’re watching.”
                Takeshi went to speak, but she quickly covered his mouth,
                “There’s darkness in your heart because of me. I know I died… so recently, but you have to let go. If you don’t, I’m afraid I’ll lose you forever.”
                Takeshi moved her hand and put his arms around her, embracing her,
                “You’ll never lose me. I love…”
                In that second, things went black. Takeshi felt as though he was being ripped apart. He couldn’t see. No, he could only hear the sinister laugh of something evil.

                Takeshi awoke. Everything was just a dream as she said. His body was drenched in sweat. It felt so real to him.
                It’s been a few days since Takeshi learned of all his abilities. He hadn’t used them as much since the alley incident. Takeshi decided that maybe things should get back to some level of normality. So he decided he should try going to school.
                He put on his outfit, said goodbye to his mother, and made his way outside. Takeshi took only one step before stopping completely. If he continued, he would be walking the same path he took every day for the past few years, and he just knew he couldn’t. Instead, he decided to take an alternate route, one far away from where everything had happened.
                Eventually he made it to school. Almost every student stared at Takeshi as he walked the grounds. Some came up to him and said they were sorry, but others whispered behind his back.
                “He’s been out for some days.”
                “He’ll probably go crazy.”
                “I’ve never seen them apart.”
                “He was there when it happened.”
                “I wonder if they fought and he pushed her.”
                Takeshi could hear things like this every where he went. Everyone seemed to know about the accident, but no one really understood what happened.
                Takeshi made it to his classroom. He could only try and block out what the other students were saying, but what they say, get to him deep down. As he sat down is his seat, he heard his name from behind. He turned to face the person.
                It was Susumu Hanako. She has been in almost all of his classes since middle school, and this year she happened to be sitting right behind him. Takeshi noticed how cute she had become. Her eyes sparkled in a way Yumi’s had.
                “Oh. Hanako. Hi.”
                “I’m really sor…”
                “Please,” Takeshi interrupted, raising his hand to stop her, “I’ve heard a lot of sorries this morning. I just, I want to have a normal day.”
                “I see…” said Hanako looking away. She couldn’t help feeling embarrassed.
                Takeshi turned back around waiting for the day to come to an end.
                Although he didn’t care much for what was being taught in the class, one thing he did care about was the teacher, Ms. Emiko. She use to be his neighbor before she left for college to be a teacher. One of the things he was excited about this school year was being in her class, because he always had a kind of crush on her.
                “Class. It’s time for history. I believe we’re on page 236.”
                Takeshi opened his book and began flipping through to the assigned page. Then he suddenly stopped. In the corner of his book, there was a picture of the symbol he had drawn to enter the realm of death. It looked as though it was engraved in a stone wall of a church. There wasn’t much of a caption.
                Takeshi decided it would be best to ask Ms. Emiko when class was over.
                Although it seemed like forever, the school day eventually ended. Takeshi waited as the other students made their way out. Hanako got up and started walking passed Takeshi, but turned to face him. She felt bad over what happened earlier.
                “I’m sorry for what I said… Please let me make it up to you some time. I’ll make you lunch or something…”
                Takeshi could tell she felt really bad.
                “You don’t have to do that. I shouldn’t have spoken to you that way. Thanks though.”
                “Okay…” she said turning to leave. Everyone was gone except Takeshi and Ms. Emiko.
                “Takeshi?” she said, wondering why he was still there.
                He walked up with the book and set it on her desk.
                “What can you tell me about this symbol?”
                He put his finger on the corner as she leaned in to take a look.
                “Ah. It’s a Celtic symbol. This one is penned by Saint Patrick. He was a missionary for Christianity.”
                “Is that so?”
                “Yes. He went to Ireland to try and convert the people into Christians. The symbol was created to give the people some understanding. The cross part is widely depicted at the symbol for Jesus. The circle is a simple symbol they used as the sun. The combination was to show a great power.”
                “I see.”
                “That’s about as much as I know,” she said looking at Takeshi.
                “Thanks.”
                Takeshi began gathering his stuff.
                “Takeshi…” said Ms. Emiko. He looked back at her, “Are you okay? About Yumi?”
                “Mm. What’s done is done. I can’t be weighed down by it. But… I’ll never forget her.”
                He walked out of the room. All the other students had already headed home. So he thought it might be good to fly home.
                As he flew, Takeshi couldn’t help but ponder what this symbol business really meant. Was it proof of God’s existence? An all-powerful God? He couldn’t get these thoughts out of his mind. Takeshi made it home, landing in his backyard. He walked in and his mother quickly came around the corner.
                “How was today?”
                “Oh… it was okay.”
                “I see. Well, some girl brought you this.”
                His mother brought out a package of wrapped chocolates,
                “Look. They’re homemade.”
                Takeshi didn’t say anything. He just took them and started walking. Then he noticed a message attached to it:
                I hope things get better soon.
           -From Hanako

                Takeshi stopped,
                “Hey. When did you get these?”
                “I found them outside a little bit after you left.”
                Takeshi continued to his room. He didn’t know that someone else would actually care like his family and old close friends. Now he really did feel bad about earlier. The more he thought about it, the more he really didn’t want to be alone forever. Maybe he should try and make a new friend.

                In the realm of death, Rayfe and Rath still watch Takeshi closely.
                “He’s prying, isn’t he,” said Rayfe with a disgruntled tone.
                “Is knowing God really exists such a bad thing?”
                “I suppose not. But if he starts prying into our business, there will be problems.”
                “Don’t worry Rayfe. If you pay attention, he’s torn between females of past and present. That will keep him busy,” said Rath chuckling, “Good thing two genders were made.”
                “Yes, but maybe we need to change the game a little.”
                “Hmmm. Maybe.”



© 2012 SCREAMmeSilence


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on May 1, 2012
Last Updated on May 1, 2012


Author

SCREAMmeSilence
SCREAMmeSilence

Manito, IL



About
Well, who am I? Do you know? Well, Most probably wouldn't read about me. I wouldn't. But, for the select few who do, I've arranged the following for you to read. Get some insight on Jayson H. I'm i.. more..

Writing
Prelude Prelude

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 1 Passage 1

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence


Passage 2 Passage 2

A Chapter by SCREAMmeSilence