Index

Index

A Chapter by M.K. Alexander
"

This isn't a chapter per se, but it is a helpful index of the many different concepts in Illumination X. I know Illumination X may at times sound confusing, but I hope this helps everyone out!

"

Concept Index of Illumination X

 

·          Anima Remissionis: A technique that releases the full, unrestrained might of the Sovrumano, transforming their bodies to heighten their levels of power. The increase in power is unique to each individual Sovrumano, but it is widely accepted that this ability multiplies the level of power by five times. Although theoretically it can be used by all Sovrumano, only the strongest can actually handle its effects. This, above everything, is what truly gave the Sovrumano the distinction of being super-human

·        Corps of Gendarmerie: The well-known police force of the Vatican City, and also the foot soldiers of Ut Puri, numbering in the hundreds of thousands despite the small size of the Vatican, due to being aligned with Ut Puri.

·        Divino: One of the two main sub-races of the Sovrumano, the Divino are named such due to their ‘divine’ connection with certain animals, which also helped to give each of the Divino sub-races their name. They are though to have less of a connection with the Scions than the Supremo, but they alone hold the ability to transform into ‘were’ versions of themselves, helping to create certain supernatural concepts such as the werewolf. History has already seen the extinction of one of the seven Divino races; that race being the Equus Divino. The other six Divino races are the Anguis, Avis, Canis, Felis, Simia, and Ursa.

·        Illuminati: The protagonist order of Illumination X. The Illuminati first came together in the early days of civilization, as a militaristic group to combat the armies of Ut Puri, but throughout the ages, have become more of a leading system of government for all Sovrumano in addition to their earlier military might. The members of the Illuminati, then and now, adhere to the early philosophies of the Scions, those philosophies being the freedom to live and learn, as well as the vision of true equality for all.

·        Ki: The spiritual, if destructive, force of energy that flows within all living things. It is this force that the Scions controlled as if it was second nature, soon bestowing the ability to manipulate ki to all humans on the planet. This force led to the creation of the Sovrumano race and sub-races.

·        Roman Catholic Church: The highly influential religious organization, said to be founded by Jesus Christ himself in the first century A.D. It was infiltrated, and thereby controlled, by Ut Puri from the shadows soon after the fall of the Western Roman Empire. Ut Puri used its religion and influence to exterminate a large number of Sovrumano living within its cultural reach during the Dark Ages and the Renaissance, but was thought to be cleansed of this occupation by Pope Gregory XVI, who issued an edict banning Ut Puri from ever amassing power in its confines again.

·        Scion: The race of ‘humans’ that first visited the planet earth shortly before the beginnings of civilization, circa 4500 B.C., before leaving soon after the start of the age old Illuminati/Ut Puri conflict.  Natives to the neighboring Andromeda galaxy, they were the ones who originally bestowed the gifts of knowledge and power (ki) to the human race, as well as creating several powerful artifacts (see Soulbreaker). It is thought that the Scions themselves had a hand in the creation of earlier religions due to their magnanimous stature and position on Earth, as well as their vast power in ki manipulation.

·        Soulbreaker: One of a number of legendary artifacts created by the Scions. Soulbreaker’s special ability is the erasure of life itself for whatever its arrows struck. The greatest example of its terrible power in history was its usage in the Trojan War, where it was used to kill Achilles himself, as well as his legion of Myrmidon warriors before it was ‘lost’ to history. In reality, Soulbreaker had been hidden away by Paris himself after Ut Puri had severed ties Troy, being protected ever since by his descendants in its final resting place at the Acropolis of Lindos.

·        Sovrumano: literally, ‘super-human’, Sovrumano is the name of the collective races of super-humans living on Earth, being known as such due to their ability to harness and manipulate ki in differing ways. Out of all the Sovrumano races, there are two sub races, the Supremo and Divino, which each have their own racial classifications. Though actively hunted down and persecuted by Ut Puri for thousands of years, one out of every seven people on the planet have Sovrumano origins.

·        Supremo: One of the two main sub-races of Sovrumano, the Supremo are named such due to their deeper, stronger bond with ki manipulation and the Scions themselves. Whereas the Divino races are each affiliated with an animal, the Supremo are more associated with mythological creatures. The four sub races of the Supremo are the Angeli, Daeva, Draco, and Lamia.

·        Swiss Guard: The paramilitary force of the Roman Catholic Church, founded in 1506 as the Pontifical Swiss Guard. Due to Ut Puri’s infiltration of the church at the fall of the Western Roman Empire, the Swiss Guard was assimilated into the rankings of Ut Puri, today being known to the Illuminati and Ut Puri as the latter’s most powerful of warriors. Despite the stance of Ut Puri towards Sovrumano, many of the Swiss Guard indeed have Sovrumano origins, if only due to the need to have warriors capable of fighting the Illuminati on a super-human level.

·        Ut Puri: The antagonist order of Illumination X. Ut Puri first came together shortly after the beginnings of civilization, due to their thoughts of racial purification and the expulsion of the Scions from Earth. They nearly succeeded in this endeavor several times, once during their first true open war with the Illuminati, and again when they infiltrated the Roman Catholic Church during the Dark ages and the Renaissance. Their goals directly influenced the Scions to strip their followers of the ability to harness ki, thus distinctly separating the races into a pure human and a super-human race. Ever since that point, Ut Puri’s goals had shifted into the purification of the human race, which was thought to be achieved by the genocide of the Sovrumano.

 

Ranking Systems (Illuminati)

 

·                                 Recruit

·                                 Apprentice

·                                 Lance Corporal

·                                 Corporal

·                                 Sergeant

·                                 Chief

·                                 Lieutenant

·                                 Commander

·                                 Captain

·                                 Judge Magister: For the Divino races, the Judge Magisters are their highest ranking leaders, with only one reigning at any given time for each of the six (previously seven) Divino races. Each one thought to be the strongest individual of their particular race, but there have been numerous times where that fact had been proven false.

·                                 Exemplar: For the Supremo races, the Exemplars are their highest ranking leaders, again with only one reigning at any given time for each of the four Supremo races. As with the Divino, each one is thought to be the strongest of their race, but that had also been proven false, especially when considering the presence of the High Exemplar.

·                                 High Exemplar: The supreme leader of the Illuminati, the High Exemplar is arguably the strongest and most influential warrior within the ranks of the Illuminati. Once a person has attained the position of Judge Magister/Exemplar, they are each eligible to claim the spot in a time of vacancy, though there has only been a few Divino to ever claim the spot.

 

Ranking systems (Ut Puri)

 

·                                 Corps of Gendarmerie (collective)

·                                 Hellebardier

·                                 Vizekorporal

·                                 Korporal

·                                 Wachtmeister

·                                 Feldwebel

·                                 Hauptmann

·                                 Major

·                                 Justicar

·                                 Inspector General of the Corps of Gendarmerie: This person is the commander of the Corps of Gendarmerie, and is generally respected by all ranks below the Oberst, yet does not have any true authority over the members of the Swiss Guard

·                                 Oberst: At any given time, there can only be one Oberst, as he/she is the current leader of the Swiss Guard, and the second in command to the entire Ut Puri organization

·                                 Camerlengo: Publicly known as one of the major priests in the Vatican, responsible for a number of things, such as the safety of the pope and the administrator of revenue for the church. The Camerlengo is also the leader of Ut Puri, though this is a highly guarded fact (even the Illuminati and the pope are unaware of this fact)

 

Sovrumano Races

 

Divino:

·                                 Anguis: this race of Sovrumano has the distinct ability to use their energy to poison by forcing their ki into the body of an opponent. The strength of the Anguis is a direct correlation to their abilities, with stronger Anguis being able to create stronger poisons with their ki

·                                 Avis: this race of Sovrumano had the ability to manipulate gravity, on themselves, their opponents, on objects, and in a field in direct proportion to their individual strength

·                                 Canis: this race of Sovrumano has the ability to manipulate all manners of plant life using their ki, using it in a variety of ways, both offensively and defensively. Due to this ability, the Canis are also known as the Sovrumano’s ‘druids’

·                                 Equus: this is the race of Sovrumano that were extinguished by the wrath of Ut Puri, as revenge for the Scions’ destruction of their two main citadels in Sodom and Gomorrah. Due to this face, the abilities of the Equus are unknown, barely a myth these days

·                                 Felis: this race of Sovrumano has the ability to turn themselves, as well as any object or person, ‘invisible’, as well as the ability to create doppelgangers with their ki

·                                 Simia: this race of Sovrumano has the ability to manipulate all versions of metal and metallic substances. The strongest of the Simia are rumored to be able to create metals that exist only in myth using their ki

·                                 Ursa: this Sovrumano race has the distinct ability to use their ki to control cosmic energy, more importantly known as geomancy. With this application, the Ursa can control all manners of planetary events such as tides, volcanic eruptions, even the weather itself to an extent

 

Supremo:

·                                 Angeli: this race of Sovrumano has the ability to heal, as well as harm, using their light aligned ki. This race is distinct in that every member of the Angeli race has striking emerald green eyes, with many ancient texts describing them as literal angels

·                                 Daeva: this Sovrumano race is in essence a direct opposite of the Angeli, having the ability to control the shadows themselves using their darkness aligned ki. This race’s physical distinction is in their royal purple eyes, with many ancient texts likening them to actual demons

·                                 Draco: Believed by many to be the strongest of all Sovrumano races, having the ability to control the five elements of fire, water, earth, air, and lightning with nothing more than a breath and an application of ki. Their racial distinction lies in their ocean blue eyes, with ancient texts likening them to dragons in human form

·                                 Lamia: this Sovrumano race’s ki abilities lie in their psychic powers, with the ability to read minds, seal and change memories, as well as to completely submit foes to their will. This race’s distinction lies in their crimson red eyes, with ancient texts describing them as blood sucking demons, a direct result of their ‘Thrall’s fang’ ability, which is thought to be what first created the concept of the vampire

 

 

 



© 2015 M.K. Alexander


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just a quick question to all my readers: does the index help out at all to help understand some of what is goingon in the book?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

421 Views
1 Review
Added on April 6, 2015
Last Updated on April 29, 2015
Tags: Illumination X, Index


Author

M.K. Alexander
M.K. Alexander

Penns Grove, NJ



About
M.K. Alexander is a 24 year old first time novelist from Penns Grove, NJ. His inspiration for writing Illumination X comes from his love of history and a time-honed view on the importance learning fro.. more..

Writing