Raging of the Cosmos

Raging of the Cosmos

A Chapter by M.K. Alexander

'You know what,' Saraya thought, swiftly dodging yet another jab to her person from that damned cattle prod Jynx used as a weapon. 'Electricity sucks! Getting shocked a thousand times sucks! Everything about electricity sucks!' If you were in Saraya's current position, you would have little choice but to agree with the incensed Lamia Exemplar. Now that Jynx had essentially leveled the playing field, he had a slight advantage in the amount of weaponry he had, specifically designed to face off with Sovrumano.

Granted, nearly all of Jynx weapons could be dealt with in one way or another, and Saraya indeed had; the fact that she was still fighting was amazing, all things considered. Her only problem, was that she couldn't land a single hit on the man that did any damage, thanks to the specialized armor he was wearing. Even when she was able to lane a glancing blow, Jynx had immediately responded with that prod, and Saraya had the physical wounds to prove it. She was sporting numerous burns on her arms, back, and stomach, and she was getting fed up with this battle of attrition.

 'If only he didn't come up with a defense for my powers,' Saraya lamented, even as she continued to dodge blows from an increasingly infuriated Jynx. 'Oh Miro,' she thought. 'How the mighty have fallen.'

'Yo!' Santana called in her mind, due to the still active mental link she shaed with him. 'Please tell me you're finished with the head guy. I could really use your help right now.'

'He's...better than I expected,' Saraya replied, refusing to say that Jynx was stronger than her. Technically, Saraya could have crushed him even with the disadvantages, but despite Jynx's betrayal, personally to Siobhan and herself, she couldn't bring herself to go full out on him. 'What seems to be the problem kitty?'

'Aargh!' Santana yelled in his mind, clearly frustrated with the new 'nickname'. 'Por que todo el mundo me tiene que llamar a un gato maldita!?!'

'English, please!' Saraya yelled back. 'You're thinking in Spanish!'

'Sorry!' Santana yelled back, pausing in his spech for a moment for obvious reasons. After a minute, he responded, but not with news that Saraya particularly liked. 'I'm currently 'dancing' with Zafira the Viper here, and she's been calling me kitty all fight long, so excuse me if I'm a bit frustrated!'

'Give me a second,' Saraya said smartly, before suddenly focusing the full weight of her ki and dodging yet another stab from Jynx's prod, before finally punching him square in the face at full power. Needless to say, the hit had totally surprised the Justicar, who until this point had been lulled to the point of thinking he had Saraya in his sights for defeat. "You brought that w***e here too?" Saraya yelled, directing her anger at Jynx even as her eyes started to glow even fiercer.

"The hell?" Jynx questioned as his entire body shook due to shock from the extremely powerful hit. That one punch hurt more than everything else Saraya had done in their fight, including her Zen Headbutt.

"Don't act like you don't know who I'm talking about!" Saraya yelled, her eyed taking on a fierce crimson glow even as her ki started to become visible in a bright pink aura around her body. "You're still with that b***h Zafira, aren't you?" Just by the look of recognition on Jynx's face, she knew that he was. Not only had Jynx betrayed the Illuminati after her father's rogue turn, but he had broken her heart when she found out that Jynx had a new main squeeze in Zafira of Ut Puri. Saraya cracked her neck menacingly as she took slow, measured steps towards a shaking Jynx, who was now shaking out of fear. He, more than all but a select few people, knew what happened when Saraya's rage was focused on one person. All the equipment in the world wouldn't save a man when Saraya wanted to see you suffer.

However, to his utter amazement, Saraya's face suddenly brightened, before she stopped altogether, The oppressing weight of her ki disappeared as if she had never focused it in the first place. At first, Jynx took it as his chance to get in a free shot, but the slowly increasing volume of a dark, sinister chuckle from Saraya squashed those thoughts. "What's so funny?" Jynx asked, putting up a false front of bravado, even though deep in his heart, something told him he'd rather not know.

To that, Saraya only laughed louder, clutching her stomach as if she was sitting front row in a Katt Williams stand up performance. "You know what?" she said, controlling ehr laughter for a scant second to talk. "I'm not even going to fight you anymore; I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show."

"The hell are you talking about?" Jynx asked, now feeling slighted at being laughed at like a kid.

"You'll see," Saraya said with a cryptic tone, just as the entire church started to tremble. 'May God have mercy on your soul, Miroslav Oranje. Because the universe won't."

_______________________________________________

Up on the surface, a few key things were going on as the city of Alexandria welcomed another sunrise. Alexandria, and by extension Egypt, usually had a constant, temperate climate, hot year round, and little to no rainfall due to the majority of the country being in the desert. With that being said, it comes as no surprise that the populace of Alexandria were dumbstruck upon seeing dark rain clouds suddenly appear in the sky. They were further surprised when those same clouds dropped rain at a pace only seen in a hurricane, with that turning into screams of terror when a number of tornadoes touched down into the Mediterranean, turning into water spouts as they sucked up the waters of the sea.

'Uh oh,' a random man thought as he watched the definitively unnatural weather wreak havoc on the sea and city, noticing that the weather system itself seemed to be centralized, having come from out of nowhere. 'Somebody pissed off the wrong bear.'

________________________________________________

A few moments before

As Cassandra and Eric emerged into the chamber where Siobhan was being held, both Sovrumano had to catch themselves upon seeing the sight that was Siobhan. She was nearly unconscious, laying on the cross that she had been crucified and chained to. She was covered in a plethora of bruised, scrapes, and wounds, making her look haggard, and far from her usual radiance. Eric had to turn his head, both out of respect for the woman and simply due to the gruesome sight. With the way her legs were spread, her modesty only being covered by an equally bloodied robe, it wasn't hard for either to realize what had happened to the Judge Magister.

"I'm going to kill them," Eric said, understandably pissed at what he saw. "I'm going to make them suffer, and then I'm going to crush them into dust."

"No you won't," Cassandra said, lifting an arm as she focused her ki, opting to blast the entire cell open instead of finding a key. "She's going to beat you to it." With a yell, she sent a ball of divine ki towards the cell gates, with the ball instantly vaporizing the metal bars as if they were paper over a bonfire.

"No more!" Siobhan moaned, not realizing who was coming into the cell. "No more!"

"Judge Magister!" Eric yelled as he ran over to her, immediately going for the chains that were on her, only to get shocked with such intensity by them that he was sent flying back into the metal bars. "F**k!" Eric yelled, both from the pain and from his inability to free Siobhan. "Cassie?"

'Hmm,' Cassandra thought, before reaching out to grab the chains herself. The chains did exactly what they were supposed to in shocking the life out of the Angeli, but Cassandra held fast, using her own healing abilities to counteract the effects of the chains. "Alright Siobhan!" Cassandra yelled, giving a mighty tug to the chains as she sent her own ki through them. "Let's get you off that thing!" With a yell of pure focus, Cassandra finally snapped the chains that were holding the Judge Magister captive. Once she did that, she immediately set to healing her leader. "Eric, find something for her to throw on."

"On it," Eric said, shaking his head from his momentary stupor at the strength of the Angeli woman, before standing to find any loose clothing for the Judge Magister.

However, after only a few seconds of Cassandra using her healing ki to resuscitate the Judge Magister from her physical injuries, Siobhan suddenly sat up, looking left and right with a look of terror inscribed on her face. "Judge Magister!" Cassandra yelled, trying to calm the hyperventilating leader down, fully understanding why the woman was reacting the way she was. "It's only me and Lance Corporal Vadilisi; no one's here to hurt you anymore." Cassandra took to rubbing Siobhan's back in an effort to soothe her as she continued to send her healing ki through her body.

"Vadilisi?" Siobhan asked as she was slowly starting to orient herself with her surroundings, calming down once she realized that Cassandra was speaking the truth. "But I saw those agents kill him."

"Ha!" Eric laughed, scoffing at the concept of him being killed off. "They did a number on me, but one thing I learned in my short time here is to learn how to play dead." Eric rubbed his shoulders, remembering the pain that he was put through by the invading Ut Puri forces. "Even still, if it hadn't been for Exemplar Saraya and Corporal Del Rio showing up when they did, I might not be standing here right now."

'Saraya's here?' Siobhan thought, looking at Eric with a raised eyebrow. "Where is she now?" Siobhan asked as a slight fear crept into her mind. She knew how Jynx and Ut Puri had operated when they took over the church; the man was far more sadistic than he had been when she knew him in the Illuminati. The last thing that she wanted was for her dear friend to go through what she had.

"She's currently in a confrontation with the man who led Ut Puri's forces here," Eric answered. "And Del Rio has one of their stronger warriors tied up back at the prison's entrance."

Siobhan took a sharp, deep breath as her amber eyes started to glow fiercely with the manipulation of her ki. "This is my church," she said as she got to her feet. "And my problem. I'll be the judge of these invaders' fate!" With that, she let out a mighty yell, reminiscent of a bear's roar, as the room was suddenly filled with an ethereal multicolored mist in the same manner as the Exemplar's Pharos. At the same time this was happening, Siobhan's body was enveloped with a bright, translucent light, her potent ki being visible in her surrounding aura as it fluctuated in the manner of a roaring flame.

'What the hell!' Eric shouted in his mind as he started to gasp for breath, this being the first time he had ever felt the true depths of Siobhan's power, and it only seemed to grow with each passing second. 'How strong is she? It feels like she's drawing this energy from all over!'

Indeed she was, as this was the concept behind the Ursa's method of ki manipulation. With the ability to fuse the energy of the cosmos itself with their ki, the Ursa were undoubtedly the strongest of the Divino races, and this particular Ursa was highly pissed. Add that to the fact that Siobhan was the reigning Judge Magister of not only the Alexandrian Church, but the Ursa race in general, and you had yourself an extremely dangerous foe.

'I feel you my sister,' Siobhan thought, feeling the ki of Saraya even from this part of the church. 'I'm on my way! Jynx's a*s is mine!' With another roar, Siobhan darted off, her destination and objective at the forefront of her thoughts. It was time for Jynx to atone for his sins against the Alexandrian Church of Illumination.

_____________________________________________

 

The sudden eruption of energy from Siobhan was more than enough for the combating Santana and Zafira to stop dead in their tracks, mystified by the sudden appearance of mystical mist that was steadily filling the chamber. "What is this?" Zafira asked, doing her best to keep her emotions in check, yet failing horribly due to the nervous stutter in her voice. She felt the oppressive power of the Judge Magister, and to know that that was swiftly coming towards her was unsettling to say the very least.

Santana, however, let a victorious smirk grace his face, being keenly familiar with the power of Siobhan, as well as the mints that he had first encountered in the Pharos. "It looks like Eric set our Judge free," he said as he righted his posture, seeing no further need for him to continue fighting. "I wonder," he said, purposely turning away from Zafira as he made an exaggerated show of contemplating his thoughts. "How is Judge Magister Siobhan going to make you all suffer before you die? Evisceration?" He shrugged his shoulders, wanting to laugh so hard at the terror that was clearly being shown on Zafira's face. "Mutilation? Decapitation?"

Zafira though had already made her mind up. No way in hell was she going to let herself be captured by Siobhan. She had already heard the stories of the Judge Magister's might from Jynx himself; she didn't want, or need, an example of that. With her mind made up, Zafira suddenly darted off towards the exit, hoping to make herself scarce before Siobhan arrived.

No such luck.

"Why are you running?" Siobhan yelled out, just now emerging from the deeper reaches of the prison catacombs. With a flick of her hand in Zafira's direction, a fierce gust manifested from the corridor, doing its job in propelling Zafira back into the chamber and into the adjacent wall. Before Zafira had a chance to re-orient herself from being hurled by nothing more than a gust of wind, of hit the ground for that matter, Siobhan made a circling motion with her hand, manipulating her ki in the misty clouds to encircle Ut Puri's Crimson Viper in a harshly spinning cyclone.

To say Siobhan's rage could hurt was an understatement. All that could be heard in the chamber was the roaring of the vortex of wind and the pained, bloodcurdling screams of Zafira as the winds of the cyclone cut into her from all sides. It continued for only a few seconds, but to Zafira it felt like a lifetime; in a matter of seconds, she was covered in deep lacerations that covered a healthy percentage of her body, with most of her clothing being ripped away in the assault. Siobhan wore a malicious smirk, happy with the results of her attack, before finally canceling out the cyclone to let Zafira drop to the ground. Needless to say, Zafira was unconscious before she hit the ground in a crumpled heap.

"Sergeant Del Dio," Siobhan said softly, for the moment having her anger sated from her evisceration of Zafira. "Tie that wench up lock her up, then take a squadron and capture any other Ut Puri agents you can find. I want this church back in my command in the next half hour, understand?"

"Yes m'am," Santana answered before pausing, just now catching on to Siobhan's mistake in his rank. "Judge Magister," he said, choosing his words carefully, as he didn't want to find himself on the wrong end of Siobhan's wrath. "With all due respect, I'm just a Corporal."

Siobhan let a sly smirk come to her face as she pointed at her head. "Santana," she said. "You've done more than enough in my eyes to deserve an advancement. If it wasn't for your actions, I would still be inside that cell, crucified to a cross while those pigs used me as their plaything." Her face softened as she remembered the recent ordeal she had personally went through. "Consider this field promotion my personal thanks; we will have a special ceremony for you and Corporal Vadilisi after we straighten out everything here, kay?"

"Si, Judge Magister," Santana said with a proper salute. "Give that Justicar hell for all of us."

"Trust," Siobhan said as her ki aura exploded around her once again, with the mist clouds returning in a matter of seconds. "I'm personally going to make sure that happens." She gave Santana a wave before darting off into the tunnels once again, her next target being Jynx himself.

________________________________________________

 

True to both leading females' words, Jynx saw for himself just what Saraya had been talking about, as before his eyes, the room started to cloud itself with Siobhan's aurora like mist. "You weren't alone," Jynx said with displeasure clear in his voice. "You used yourself as a distraction the whole time."

Saraya had the gall to look hurt, mocking a show of shock before smirking victoriously at Jynx. "It's called teamwork," she said, stepping to the side as she felt Siobhan rapidly approaching their position. "And I have a sneaking feeling that you're calling the kettle black when it comes to distractions Miroslav. Wouldn't you agree?"

At those words, Jynx's blood ran cold. 'She knows!?' he thought as he took a few nervous steps backward. "H-how!?"

Saraya giggled, for one reason or the other finding Jynx's obvious fear humorous to her. "Doesn't matter how," she said with a taunting wag of her finger. "Because you're about to die; If I'm listening to my dear friend's thoughts correctly, she has a world of hurt planned, just for you. Don't you feel loved?"

As soon as those words left her mouth, a large, jagged bolt of multicolored lightning hit Jynx straight in the chest, doing its best to hammer the man through the wall behind him as Siobhan finally emerged with perhaps the most ruthless stare that she had ever worn on her face. Siobhan cracked her neck as she slowly approached the recovering Jynx, who had taken light damage due to his armor, with an increasingly darkening look. "I told you I was going to eviscerate you," she said in a singsong voice. "And I never break my promises."

Jynx grunted as he pulled himself from the wall with a good amount of difficulty, having been nearly embedded into its foundation. "You talk so bad now," Jynx said, obviously putting up a false front of bravado. "Because you and your 'sister' are standing together against me. You didn't seem to have that fire in your eyes when I put you down the first time."

'He didn't just say that, did he?' Siobhan asked with a pointed stare of disbelief at Saraya.

'He did,' Saraya answered, laughing at the stupidity of Jynx inside.

'Take a backseat for this one, will ya sis?' Siohban asked as she leveled Jynx with a fierce glare.

'Do what you gotta do Siobhan,' Saraya said, stepping back with her hands raised to let Siobhan dish out her just punishment on Jynx. "By the way Jynx," Saraya said, momentarily catching Jynx's attention. "Before you die, I'm going to impart unto you the words of a personal friend of mine; they seem fitting at a time like this."

Jynx balked as he picked up his cattle prod, dropped since he took that one serious punch from Saraya. "As if I care what you or your friends think."

"Don't have to care," she said as she closed her eyes and gave off a huge smile. "But," she said, flashing him a double thumbs up. "That's yo a*s, Mr. Postman!"

_______________________________________________

About 1.25 seconds later

From out of the dunes of the nearby desert on the outskirts of Alexandria, a massive cyclone of sand and wind emerged, at the 'point' of its drill a loudly screaming Jynx. The Justicar fell to the earth a few seconds later in a crumpled heap, with his torso fully exposed, his armor being outright destroyed by the vortex of doom. As soon as he got to a knee, barely so due to the trauma he had just shuddered, Siobhan appeared out of thin air from the sheer speed she possessed to level him with a potent barrage of physical strike. Fists, elbows, knees, kicks; even head butts were used by Siobhan as she ripped into the body of Jynx with a vengeance, ending with a powerful rising kick to the underside of his jaw which elevated him a good thirty feet into the air.

"Not so tough now!" Siobhan yelled, still enraged as she watched Jynx land on the ground, flat on his back, which in turn gave her a dark idea, perfect for the revenge she wanted to dole out on the Justicar. "You felt like such a man when you told you men to have their way with me." As she walked towards the heavily injured Jynx with purposeful steps, her eyes started to glow menacingly once again. "Well now, I'm going to have my way with you."

The heartlessness in Siobhan's voice was enough to send chills down Jynx's spine, but even he didn't fully fathom just how angry Siobhan was with him specifically. As the old adage says, 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

That was never more true at this particular moment, as a literal eruption of magma shot up from the ground, specifically, right in between the legs of the now thoroughly terrified Jynx. As the column of magma sprouted from the ground, Jynx let out a baleful scream as he felt everything inside his thighs from the waist to the knee be burnt by the scorching heat of the magma. "Stop!" he yelled out, whimpering at the astounding amount of pain Siohban was putting him through as he did his best to inch away from the controlled eruption. "Have mercy!"

"Stop," Siobhan said in a clearly mocking voice as she walked over to him, taking to crawling as she got to within a few feet of him. "Have mercy!" The volume of her speech rose, angered by the mere thought of Jynx crying out for mercy from her. "I said those same things to your men as they violated me, physically, mentally, emotionally. But did they stop?" Now she was right at his side, stroking his cheek like a mother would her child before her expression became like ice. "No," she said, shaking her head as she chuckled a bit. "Not at all. In fact," she said as she buried her hand in the desert sands. "That spurned them on, encouraged them to continue."

Siobhan let a devilish smirk come to her face as Jynx screamed once again, this time due to her causing yet another small magma eruption underneath of him, conveniently directed at the seat of his nearly blackened pants. "How's that feel?" she asked as she rise to her feet, leveling him with a dark glare as he continued to scream until he succumbed to his many injuries, his mouth frozen in a visage of terror even after death. Siobhan flicked her hair before making it a point to spit on his corpse, satisfied with her act of revenge. As she turned away to go back to her church, a spout of magma exploded from the stomach of the dead Justicar, consuming him in a pillar of fire.

Such was the end of Ut Puri's mad scientist, Miroslav Oranje, codename Jynx; ashes to ashes, dust to dust, never violate a Judge Magister's trust.    

 

 



© 2015 M.K. Alexander


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

315 Views
Added on April 6, 2015
Last Updated on April 22, 2015


Author

M.K. Alexander
M.K. Alexander

Penns Grove, NJ



About
M.K. Alexander is a 24 year old first time novelist from Penns Grove, NJ. His inspiration for writing Illumination X comes from his love of history and a time-honed view on the importance learning fro.. more..

Writing