Character Bios

Character Bios

A Chapter by M.K. Alexander
"

The Biographies of all the characters in Illumination X, as of The Nycest, Ever. I tried to keep it as spoiler free as possible; will be updated when needed until completion of the story!

"

Character Biographies

  • Achilles- The leader of the lost Myrmidon warriors who assisted the Greeks and the Illuminati during the Trojan War. Legend says that Achilles was a demigod, popularized in Greek mythology due to the story of his birth, but in actuality, he was a member of the near extinct Equus race of Sovrumano. Due to his unrivaled strength, best shown by his decimation of Troy's best warrior in the Lamia Hector, Paris killed him, along with the rest of the Myrmidons, with the legendary Soulbreaker.
  • Andrea DiNozzo- The Camerlengo of the Roman Catholic Church, Andrea DiNozzo is also the de facto leader of the extremist/purificationist order, Ut Puri. Andrea is a man who hated the Sovrumano race with a passion, but is not above using their natural talents to further his motivations. This is shown when he sends Julian Draven to Rhodes under the pretense to conquer the isle, due to the high amount of Sovrumano influence, whereas in reality, he wants to claim the lost Soulbreaker to return Ut Puri back to the height of its power.
  • Antonio DiNozzo- The older brother of Andrea, Antonio was killed by Nestor in a personal conflict 24 years prior to the events in Illumination X. Due to his death, Andrea now holds a personal vendetta against the 'Protector of Rhodes'.
  • Ashley Peterson- An 18 year old Avis who takes classes at Princeton University as a freshman. She just so happens to be placed in Raven's class, along with a few other Sovrumano. Ashley is shown to be exceptionally smart when it comes to Sovrumano knowledge, and also has a knack for pointing them out.
  • Cassandra- An Angeli Commander who is the leader of the Alexandrian Church of Illumination's healer corps. Cassandra is exceptional at what she does thanks to a high amount of control over her powers, as well as being level headed despite the situation.
  • Eric Vadilisi- An Avis Lance Corporal stationed to the Alexandrian Church of Illumination. He is shown to have an amicable relationship with Santana Del Rio, both in the ways of a friendship and as a fighting team. Eric is also shown to have a relatively good amount of control over his racial powers, as well as being devoted to the Illuminati's cause despite personal harm, something that Judge Magister Siobhan dully appreciates.
  • Hector- The older brother of Paris, as well as a crown prince of Troy. Hector was touted as the strongest Trojan warrior due to his militaristic prowess, as well as his Lamia lineage. Despite being a peace minded person, he is drawn into conflict with Achilles during the latter stages of the Trojan War, where he is killed by the much stronger warrior.   
  • Hezekiah Shane- The Oberst (leader) of the Swiss Guard, as well as the second in command of Ut Puri behind Andrea DiNozzo. Hezekiah is an exceptionally strong Angeli who is one of the few people on the planet capable of contending with the Illuminati's finest warriors in Justinian and Raven. Despite his allegiance to Ut Puri, Hezekiah also holds an allegiance to himself and his Sovrumano brethren in said group, and makes it a point to Andrea that he will not be controlled by the man like the rest of the organization
  • Ivan Steckzolfer- The former Lamia Exemplar of the Iluminati, as well as the father of Saraya, the current Lamia Exemplar. Ivan was one of the most prolific of Lamia in his day, but he fell from grace when he saw himself as superior to the pure human race, abusing his high level of power to make said humans his puppets, two of those being the parents of Miroslav Oranje. His actions have ramifications of their own, the biggest being Miroslav's own turn to Ut Puri. Due to his actions, he was removed from power and executed by Skylar himself with the most extreme of prejudices.
  • Jasper Edge- The slightly older brother of Raven Edge, Jasper is an exceptional, near legendarily strong Draco warrior with a penchant for marijuana and jokes. Jasper is a lax, wise cracking person most of the time, but is also known to be staunchly serious when provoked. Despite his brother being Exemplar, Jasper sees himself as an individual who holds no political allegiances, but will assist his brother when called on out of familial bonds. Due to his exceptional strength, paired with his eclectic personality, Jasper is known as simply the Nycest, ever.
  • Jeet Andujar- A 17 year old freshman in Princeton University who also happens to be placed in Raven's class. Jeet is of Indian origin, as well as being a member of the Anguis race.
  • Jericho Irvine- A personal friend of Raven and Jasper's, Jericho is a member of the Canis race. Jericho isn't a warrior per se, but he is a dangerous foe when provoked due to his racial lineage. As well as Jasper, Jericho isn't affiliated with the Illuminati, but he will assist Raven when need be, seen when he provides the two brothers transport from Athens to Rhodes via his personal yacht, the Liontamer.  
  • Jordan Reid- An 18 year old Canis who is a freshman at Princeton University, also placed into Raven's history class. Before his college career, Jordan was an exceptional high school quarterback, as well as an outstanding scholastic, something that he takes pride in equally
  • Julian Draven- The nihilistic manslayer of Ut Puri, Julian is one of the world's, as well as the Illuminati's, top criminals. Before his induction into Ut Puri, Julian had already made a name for himself as a fighter for hire, being exceptional at such due to his Daeva lineage, and relished in the pain of others. Even as a Justicar, Julian is trusted by very few, if any, due to the sheer amount of malice in his heart. Combined with the exceptional amount of power that he wields, which is rumored to measure up to even the Illuminati's Judge Magisters and the Daeva Exemplar Victoria, Julian is an incredibly dangerous foe that few would even consider fighting.
  • Justinian Considine- The Angeli Exemplar of the Illuminati, Justinian is a man who has seen much of the world and its changes due to his advanced age, even though he physically looks like he is in his thirties. Justinian has a plethora of experience, being a graduate of Yale University and a former Judge Advocate General (JAG) in the United States Air force. Maybe due to his advanced age and experience, Justinian had a dislike for dealing with the teenage generation, though not nearly as much as Victoria. He is a stickler for organization and order, though he does have the tendency to be lighthearted at times.
  • LaShonda Edge- The wife of Jasper Edge, LaShonda is privy to the secret of Sovrumano existence, yet is fine with the idea due to her husband and son both being Draco, as well as her own family having ties to the Illuminati. She can be outspoken at times, but she seems to be the only person on the planet capable of truly keeping Jasper under control.
  • Miroslav Oranje- Formerly a human Illuminati Lieutenant, Miroslav (a.k.a Jynx) is Ut Puri's engineering mastermind, as well as one of the Swiss Guard's feared Justicars. Though he is a non super-human, Jynx's brilliance in engineering and science makes him a dangerous warrior due to his many inventions, specifically designed to bridge the gap between the fighting prowess of Sovrumano and regular humans.
  • Nestor- Known also as 'The Protector of Rhodes', Nestor is the last in a line of protectors charged with the protection of the legendary Soulbreaker. Nestor is an adequately powerful Simia, being able to hold his own against the likes of Julian Draven and Jasper Edge, even with having an advanced cancer
  • Paris- The younger crown prince of Troy, it is his actions of allying with Ut Puri and making the famed Queen Helen of Laconia submit to the Lamia's Thrall's fang that brought upon the Trojan War. Despite Troy's famed defenses, the stronghold eventually falls due to the joint combination of Greek forces and the legendary Myrmidons with the Illuminati of that day. However, Paris is also the man responsible for eradicating the Myrmidons, and by extent the last of the Equus, as well as being the murderer of Achilles due to the usage of Soulbreaker. After his assassination of Achilles, Paris sees the error of his ways in the alliance with Ut Puri, and entrusts Soulbreaker to a group of protectors on Rhodes to hide the weapon from the clutches of Ut Puri
  • Quinton Edge- The younger, ten year old son of Raven Edge, Quinton is an exemplary scholastic despite his young age, as well as a decently powerful fighter in training. Quinton's scholastic knowledge sets him apart from his older brother and cousin, but his ki abilities as a Draco are a work in progress.
  • Raven Edge- The main protagonist of Illumination X, Raven is the reigning Draco Exemplar of the Illuminati, as well as a freelance opinion writer and a history department head and professor at Princeton University. Raven has attained a near legendary status worldwide due to his immense power and smarts, being known also as Ryu Senko (Dragon's Flash). Even with the numerous amount of titles, Raven still manages to keep a balanced life, even if some of his responsibilities keep him away from home at times. That is a major contention point at times between him and his wife, but somehow Raven still manages to keep himself sane.
  • Ricardo- An Avis Lieutenant stationed at the Alexandrian Church of Illumination, Ricardo is a near expert with the abilities of the Avis. However, Ricardo is known to be at odds with many of the lower ranked members of the Alexandrian church, mostly due to his habit of lording his rank over said individuals. He seems to have a decently long tenure as an Illuminati operative, being mostly desensitized to the ways of war between the two groups.
  • Riley O'Connor- an 18 year old Daeva that currently takes classes at Princeton University. Riley is an All American athlete in football, but tends to let that go to his head, having the persona of a college frat boy meets jock. He is hotheaded at times, but does have an inner knowledge that few people would think he possessed.
  • Roman Edge- The eldest, thirteen year old son of Raven. Though he is the son of an Exemplar, Roman still has the mentality of a normal thirteen year old in many respects, being an avid prankster with his cousin Taji and brother Quinton. Mentality aside, Roman is also an exceptionally strong fighter for his age, with only part of that due to his Draco lineage. Above all, Roman holds a vested interest in his father's workings with the Illuminati, having aspirations to truly be his father's successor once he comes of age.
  • Santana Del Rio- an 18 year old Felis who is a Corporal ranked operative of the Illuminati, based out of the Alexandrian Church of Illumination. He has a fiery persona, stemming both from 'Napoleon's syndrome' at a height of merely five feet, as well as his Spanish heritage. Despite that, Santana is also highly dedicated to his job, being one of Judge Magister Siobhan's most trusted of scouts as well as having an adept mastery of his Felis abilities.
  • Saraya Steckzolfer- the 23 year old Lamia Exemplar of the Illuminati, Saraya is the newest of the Exemplars due to her own father's fall. Although she takes her job seriously, Saraya also embraces her youth, as well as her vanity, most of the time taking to flirting and messing around despite her actual station. This is a high point of animosity between her and Victoria, though the other Exemplars see her attitude as a breath of fresh air in their higher ranks. Attitude aside, Saraya is indeed qualified to be Exemplar of the Lamia, having an incredible level of mastery of the Lamia psychic abilities, which in and of itself explains her normal attitude, as the Lamia are known to be highly empathetic.
  • Selena Del Rio- The 18 year old twin sister of Santana, Selena is also a student at Princeton University in Raven's class, admittedly being less of an actual warrior than her brother. She is also something of a flirt, being attracted to Riley from the get go simply due to his looks and sports background. Out of all the Sovrumano in Raven's class, Selena is without question the least experienced in the usage of her Felis ki abilities.
  • Sharon Edge- the 32 year old wife of Raven Edge. Sharon is a kind hearted woman most of the time, but can be very impulsive and headstrong at times, a trait which can be seen in both of her kids. When she is angered, she can be incredibly intimidating despite her short stature, which is a running gag in the Edge family, as Sharon can easily intimidate the men in her household with no problem, even though technically all three are a great deal stronger. Another point of strife with Sharon is Raven's many occupations; though she fully supports her husband in his endeavors, there are times when she can be irritated by them, as they cut into their family time.
  • Siobhan Bocharov- The Judge Magister of the Ursa, as well as the commander of the Alexandrian Church of Illumination. Siobhan is an exceptional warrior with a reputation of her own, being touted as the Illuminati's Aurora, an allusion to the powers that she possesses as an Ursa. She is rumored to be as strong as most of the Swiss Guard's Justicars, and a warrior of near equal footing with the Supremo Exemplars, which might have something to do with her being chosen to command the Alexandrian Church despite her scant 26 years of age.
  • Skylar Sedeyn- The High Exemplar of the Illuminati, Skylar is without question the strongest warrior in the Illuminati, having a grand master level of skill and control with his Angeli abilities. With his strength, only the Edge brothers and Justinian have a real chance to contend with him. Though he is powerful, Skylar is somewhat of a laid back leader, not minding Saraya's sophomoric demeanor in the least, yet has no problem asserting his authority when need be. When it comes to all but the most important of decisions, Skylar tends to trust the judgment of his Exemplars, specifically Raven and Justinian, taking a backseat to oversee the proceedings.
  • Taji Edge- The 12 year old son of Jasper, Taji is a decently powerful Draco warrior in training, due to being personally trained by Jasper himself. Taji is the middle man in relation to Quinton and Roman, being stronger that Quinton by a decent amount, but slightly weaker than Roman. Even with that, Taji still has the mentality of a kid his age, being a prankster with Roman, as well as having a penchant for photography, carrying around a custom made camera at all times. Taji is also known as the 'Taj Mahal' to his close friends and family due to his actual name.
  • Victoria O'Hara- The Daeva Exemplar of the Illuminati, Victoria is a stickler for respect and order to a fault, giving her the persona of an old timer who hasn't quite caught up with the modern age. This quality keeps her at odds with Saraya, with the older Exemplar having little tolerance for the Lamia's normal demeanor. Despite her attitude, Victoria is a warrior worthy of her Exemplar rank, and has an eye for potential.
  • Zafira- The 'second in command' of Jynx, Zafira is a Wachtmeister in the Swiss Guard. She is a decently strong Anguis with a reputation of her own, known as Ut Puri's Crimson Viper, and has the skills to match up with many of the Illuminati's Sergeants. She is incredibly sadistic, having a personal thrill when watching her victims die a slow, grief stricken death thanks to her poisons.


© 2015 M.K. Alexander


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on April 20, 2015
Tags: Illumination X, characters, biographies


Author

M.K. Alexander
M.K. Alexander

Penns Grove, NJ



About
M.K. Alexander is a 24 year old first time novelist from Penns Grove, NJ. His inspiration for writing Illumination X comes from his love of history and a time-honed view on the importance learning fro.. more..

Writing