Heart of a Dragon

Heart of a Dragon

A Chapter by M.K. Alexander

Ever since the conflict had begun at the acropolis, the battlefield had begun to give in to the amount of power on display, from Hezekiah wielding Excalibur, to his and Julian's execution of the Soul Release. There was evidence thereof all around; upturned rocks, fallen columns, and many a crater dotting the battlefield. Even with all of this, nothing could have prepared the acropolis or the isle itself for what was taking place, that being Raven's own ascension via anima remissionis.

'What is this?' Julian thought with wide eyes as mixed feelings of awe and wonder raced through his mind. The released Daeva couldn't help but to pause and stare at the furiously glowing multicolored orb of ki that the Draco Exemplar was shrouded in, knowing just what was going on. 'How can somebody possibly wield that much power!?'

Even for a tested warrior the likes of Julian Draven, the sight of various debris starting to levitate into the air from the exertion of Raven's might struck a nerve. The density of the Exemplar's ki  was so potent that Julian could feel its pressure against his body, trying to force him into submission from its weight. In all his years, the Daeva manslayer had never encountered anything resembling this; only now did he truly gain some semblance of respect for the man known as Ryu Senko.

'This is madness!' Julian thought as he continued to observe the transforming Raven. 'It's going to take more than Hezekiah or myself to beat that!' The feelings that were manifesting in the Daeva's were starting to make themselves apparent as he subconsciously took a few steps back. 'What am I doing?' he thought as he forced himself to stop. 'What is this feeling?' Julian took a look at his hands, and to his further shock, they, along with pretty much the rest of his body, were shaking almost uncontrollably. 'Is this...fear?'

As if what he was witnessing wasn't enough to send the bloodthirsty killer into a conniption fit, the sound of Jasper grunting as he finally regained his consciousness was. Julian immediately schooled himself, rounding on his heel to face his opponent as he easily settled into another offensive stance. "You Draco don't go down easily, do you?"

Jasper cracked his neck and rolled his shoulders to get the kinks out of his neck and back from the fall he had taken. The last attack from Julian was indeed powerful; Jasper was admittedly shocked at the level of strength the Daeva could now wield. It would make Julian that much more of a challenge to beat, but Jasper's eyes readily caught the small signs of trepidation in Julian's form. It wasn't hard for Jasper to figure out where that came from; the ki that was radiating off of Raven was incredibly potent, even from their position on the other side of the acropolis.

"You're right," Jasper agreed with a small smirk. "Draco don't go down easily, but us Edges', we just don't go down, ever!" Jasper laughed a bit as he saw the rage wash over Julian's face; it seemed like Julian wasn't coping well with being outclassed like this, especially by someone he wasn't even fighting. "What's wrong?" he asked. "You look like you're having second thoughts."

"Over my dead body!" Julian yelled before suddenly blinking out of sight, only to reappear in front of Jasper with a fist already readied to strike. This time though, Jasper was prepared for the attack, grimacing as he blocked the hit with a forearm. The show of discomfort seemed to jog Julian out of his earlier feelings of fear, liking the fact that he could at least inflict some form of harm on his foe. "Ha! For all your strength it looks like even you brothers aren't completely invulnerable."

"Nobody ever said we were," Jasper retorted before he and Julian started to compete at a heightened speed, mere blurs of fast moving light to any onlookers if there were any. "It's just that no one's ever been nice enough to do so."

'Sadly he's right,' Julian thought as he and Jasper continued to compete. 'This one's fighting me in my released form without bothering to try and release himself, and there isn't a warrior in Ut Puri who can contend with Raven's power now.' Julian's thoughts proved to be his undoing, at least for the moment, as Jasper ducked an errant left hand to strike with a flurry of powerful hook shots to the sternum.

"Get your head in the game!" Jasper yelled as he ended his small flurry with a right hook, trying his damndest to cave Julian's face in with the blow. The hit sent Julian flying back, but before the Daeva could take further damage by crashing into the cliff side, he used his shadow manipulation to fall into the shadows themselves, hiding himself from Jasper's view as he tried to buy some time.

'I've got to think of something,' Julian thought as he racked his mind for an idea, any idea that would work against his and Hezekiah's opponents. 'And quickly; I will not fall here, especially to a dragon.'

***

Raven's current power up was felt by more than just the warriors on the acropolis' battlefield, as Jericho and Firenze halted their own exchange out of wonder and respect for the Exemplar's ki signal. "What the hell?" Jericho asked as he stared at the horizon of the acropolis, watching as the sky itself seemed to light up like the break of dawn from Raven's ki output. "What could force Raven to use that?"

Although every bone in his body was begging the Swiss Guardian to get as far away from the powerful ki signal, Firenze cracked a smile at the confusion on Jericho's face. "Surprised are we?" Firenze asked in a smooth tone. "It doesn't look like your hallowed Draco Exemplar is having as easy a time as he thought he would have against our Oberst."

"Hezekiah?" Jericho asked with uncertainty clear in his tone. The Canis knew of Hezekiah all too well from Raven's own stories of battle against the man; the Oberst of the Swiss Guard was indeed a powerful Angeli in his own right, but Raven hadn't felt the need or desire to use the anima remissionis technique in years, least of all against Hezekiah from the stories that he had heard. "Even if Raven was fighting that benedict, anima remissionis performed by him is tantamount to overkill against anybody." 

Firenze nodded his head in agreement. "Normally, that would be true. However, Lord Hezekiah's motivated, more so than I've personally seen in a long time."

"Ha!" Jericho balked with a grin. "All the motivation in the world isn't changing the fact that Raven had owned Hezekiah every time they fought." Jericho turned his full attention back to Firenze, readying himself for another round of battle against the Felis Swiss Guardian. "The same result is going to play out tonight, both for your lord and you!" With that, Jericho stomped on the ground as a plethora of thick vines erupted through the cobblestone paved street, making a play at surrounding Firenze before he could hope to attack.

Firenze deftly escaped the attempt at capture by leaping high into that air, in the same motion creating four doppelgangers as he went to attack. "That remains to be seen!" Firenze yelled as he and his clones hit the ground, charging on foot towards the Canis as soon as they touched down. "Especially when Hezekiah wields the power of dragons as well!"

Jericho cocked his head to the side, confused at Firenze's words. "How is that possible?" he asked as he chucked a few dozen seeds in Firenze's direction. The seeds glowed a bright white for a second before they exploded into massively sized Venus Flytrap plants, far stronger and resilient due to being powered by Jericho's ki. Two of Firenze's doppelgangers met their end at the jaws of the carnivorous plants, but the other two deftly dodged before blinking out of sight themselves. Jericho growled in anger before stepping forward and launching a double palm strike in front of him. It was a pre-emptive maneuver that did its job; the two doppelgangers that had disappeared from view were halted in their invisible advance as they reappeared with Jericho's palms nearly imbedded in their faces.

The original Firenze, however, was able to land a clean hit, dropkicking Jericho with the added velocity of his charge straight into the chest, catapulting Jericho into a wall at the end of the narrow street. "Since you'll soon feel it's power, it doesn't hurt to tell you," Firenze said with a smirk that looked fitting on the self proclaimed aristocrat of Ut Puri. "This time, Lord Hezekiah came prepared to fight your honored Exemplar. With everything that is on the line for Ut Puri here, he nor our leader wanted to leave anything to chance. To that end, the Oberst came with a weapon capable of equaling the power of the Draco Supremo, the fabled Sword of Excalibur." Firenze outright laughed at the sudden look of horror on Jericho's face. "Even with the power of anima remissionis, your Ryu Senko doesn't stand a chance."

'Excalibur!?' Jericho thought as a feeling of dread ran through his veins. That was arguably the most known of the Scion's relics, both in contemporary and Sovrumano culture. Any one of the relics could mean the difference in a fight, no matter what the scale, but Excalibur in the hands of Hezekiah equaled a near unbeatable foe. 'Raven,' Jericho thought as he shrugged off the dull pain in his back. 'You and Jasper better be careful. Ut Puri's pulling out all the stops this go around.'

Firenze raised an eyebrow at Jericho as the Canis prepared himself to continue. "You still want to battle, even knowing that you fight in futility?"

Jericho flashed a smirk of his own as he answered the Swiss Guardian. "The last time I checked none of the Sovrumano could look into the future," he said before giving out a short yell to manifest his white ki aura. "So don't speak as if out futures are already written in stone! Those two brothers are the strongest warriors I've ever met with the exception of Lord Skylar, Draco or otherwise. They fight for the right reasons and walk a righteous path; they'll find a way to overcome!"

***

Anyone could say anything they wanted about Hezekiah, but right now as he stood tall, even in the face of a transforming Exemplar level Draco, he fit the mold of a true Swiss Guardian. 'That's the way,' Hezekiah thought as he observed the phenomenon, unmoved even as his battle robes billowed in the strong winds generated from Raven's transformation. 'For the first time, you're taking me seriously. Let me see the true extent of your power Raven Edge!'

After a few moments, the orb of ki surrounding Raven dissipated, in its wake leaving the Draco Exemplar in a form that caused Hezekiah to lose some of the bravado that he had. Raven's released form was something to behold: his skin had morphed to a scaly look with golden and silver colored scales that covered his bare torso and arms, complimented by two large reptilian wings attached to his back. Raven's hands and feet changed as well, with his hands looking more like claws, and his now bare feet looking much more like the fabled dragons of lore. Raven's trademark black hair now had blue streaks running through it, with the strands of hair itself being thicker and more whip like. His eyes however topped the cake, as one glance at the completely reptilian blue eyes the Exemplar now possessed was enough to strike fear into the heart of any opponent.

Raven had a calculating look in his eyes as he studied the composed stance of the Swiss Guardian. "I commend you Hezekiah," Raven said in a deeper voice, sounding almost timeless in and of itself. "Even my fellow Exemplars take a step back at this transformation." Raven cracked his neck and knuckles as he prepared himself for the next round in he and Hezekiah's showdown. "You look expecting, like you wanted to see me like this."

"That I did," Hezekiah said as he pointed Excalibur at Raven. "So I could strike you down at your very best and finally get rid of the stigma of losing to you!"

Raven rolled his eyes at Hezekiah's proclamation. 'Forcing your sworn enemy to fight at his best to redeem yourself? Where have I seen that before?' he thought with a strong amount of irony in his thoughts. "Hezekiah," Raven said simply. "I said before that this was to be our last fight. I meant that, but unfortunately for you, the result won't be as you wish."

Hezekiah growled, not liking now Raven seemed to be already writing him off before he ever lifted a finger. "Keep talking high and mighty Raven!" Hezekiah yelled as he stepped forward to strike. "And you'll find that your wins over me were nothing more than flukes!"

Hezekiah rushed Raven, spreading his wings for a flying charge as he swung Excalibur at the Exemplar's neck, fully intending to behead Raven with one blow. The speed in which the Angeli was moving at alone would have been enough to accomplish the task against near anyone else, but Raven found himself following the Angeli's movements with a bored expression on his face. 'How pathetic,' Raven thought, easily tracking Hezekiah with only his eyesight as the Oberst tried to confuse him by flicking from left to right in his charge. Raven waited until Hezekiah was right on top of him in mid swing to suddenly throw up his right hand, cleanly catching the blade in his grip without any sort of harm to himself. "What?' he asked, amused at the expression of disbelief on the face of Hezekiah. "Let me guess; that wasn't what you were expecting?"

"Damn you!" Hezekiah yelled. He made to try and slash at Raven again, but to his further shock, he was unable to so thanks to Raven's iron grip on Excalibur's blade. "Let go!" The Angeli yelled as he put his right palm in Raven's face, deftly creating a near body sized ball of golden divine ki and firing it in a wave like cannon at point blank range. The blast of ki swiftly enveloped Raven's form, as well as a large expanse of the battlefield behind him as Hezekiah did his best to erase the Exemplar from existence. "That should do it," he said, noticing that he could finally move Excalibur freely.

"Do what exactly?" Raven asked in an unimpressed tone as the light from Hezekiah's divine ki flash faded, smirking in delight from the expression of disbelief on Hezekiah's face. The attack, impressive as it was, destroyed all but what it was meant to. Raven was standing on a lone part of the ground that had survived Hezekiah's attack, whilst the grounds behind him resembled a miniature Grand Canyon. Raven himself was unscathed save for a bit of smoke rising off of his form; those scales that he gained from his Soul Released form weren't just for show, as they rivaled the hardness of the most skilled of Simia's adamantine.

"B-but!?" Hezekiah sputtered. "You!"

"My turn," Raven said simply, before opening his mouth far wider than any normal human's mouth could, launching his own retaliatory wave of draconic ki at the stunned Angeli. Unlike Hezekiah's ki attack that enveloped, Raven's attack crashed into the Oberst, pushing him away and drilling him into the base of the propylaea steps. A resounding explosion followed Hezekiah's landing, again lighting up their battlefield in a brilliant display of color.

To Hezekiah's credit though, he was able to recover from the powerful attack. He stood on shaky legs for a moment as he let his latent Angeli ki manipulation kick in to regenerate his body from the injuries that he had no doubt received from the wave of ki. "You fool!" Hezekiah seethed in obvious discomfort, watching as some of the more prominent cuts and scrapes on his body disappeared in front of his eyes. "Even with your new strength, you still can't inflict any lasting damage. The added power that you received from anima remissionis is equaled by my heightened regeneration from my released form."

"So you say," Raven said with an absent looking gaze, directing his sight to the nearby sea rather than to the very real threat in front of him. "You might just find that the one thing you're relying on in this fight will be your ultimate undoing."

Hezekiah growled at Raven, taking the lack of eye contact as an insult. "Keep on with that mouth Raven Edge," Hezekiah yelled as he sprung into motion once again to engage the Exemplar in combat. "That's all you Edges' seem to be good for anyway!"

'This guy never learns,' Raven thought as he refocused on the charging Hezekiah, deftly blocking a few punches and kicks before retaliating to match the Angeli's blows with his own martial skill. "Well if you want me to shut up," he said before nailing Hezekiah in the mouth with a left jab. "Then stop playing around and fight me with some skill that actually threatens me."

"As you wish!" Hezekiah yelled before returning the favor with a powerful shot of his own, the force of the punch ringing out like a gunshot. With that, the two released Sovrumano exploded into a high speed melee, blurring around the battlefield as each warrior tried to best one another. It was truly a sight to behold; two of the strongest living Sovrumano in full soul release mode fighting tooth and nail for their favored factions and beliefs. The only question was; who would come away as the winner this time? The Angeli Oberst Hezekiah Shane, or the Ryu Senko Exemplar Raven Edge?

***

"This way!" Roman yelled as he skidded to a stop at a small intersection in the residential district of Lindos. The three boys had led their mothers down several alleyways, running deep into the heart of Lindos in an attempt to finally lose any pursuers. So far, they hadn't been stopped or derailed by any other squads, but the boys knew that Firenze hadn't just let them get away scot free.

In fact, Roman, more so than anyone else, was actually looking forward to the moment when an Ut Puri squadron would actually show up. To him, it was the chance to finally prove himself; what better way for him to do so than by protecting the matriarchs of the family from their fathers' enemies. He could feel the anticipation in his veins as the adrenaline rushed through him, a sort of battle lust that had long been dormant finally awakening in his soul.

"Bro," Quinton said as he stopped behind Roman, shortly thereafter being joined by Taji and their mothers. "We need to find someplace to hide instead of running the entire night." Quinton discreetly flicked his eyes toward the forms of their mothers, both of whom were breathing haggardly from the near breakneck pace the Draco youths had set in their escape. "Look at Mom and Aunt Shonda; they can't go on much longer."

"That's not an option," Taji said in disagreement, keeping an eye on the groups' rear for any threats. "If we get caught we're toast."

"Taji," LaShonda said as she lazily slumped to the ground, not caring that she was sitting in the middle of the small alleyway. "Momma needs a break."

Taji opened his mouth to respond, but the sounds of advancing yelling drew him from his previous thought. "Get on my back," he said as he hurriedly bent to a knee, waving his mother to hop on. "We can't sit around even for a second with all the baddies running around."

Roman waved Taji off as a serious expression graced his face. "Take a rest everyone," he said, moving himself to the back of the group as he made a rough guesstimate of the following opposition's position. "On me. These guys aren't gonna bother you all; they'll have to get through me to do so."

"Rome?" Quinton asked with a worried tone, getting the gist of what his older brother was intending to do in order to buy their group some time. "Please don't try to play the hero bro."

"Or what!?" Roman suddenly snapped as he rounded on his heel to face the group with a stern gesture. "If we keep on running when we do stop from exhaustion we'll be easy pickings. At least if we give them a fight and show these b******s that we won't go down without a struggle, we might have a better chance."

With Roman's intentions known, all feelings of exhaustion disappeared from Sharon, being replaced with those of a worried mother. "Rome," Sharon said softly, though her voice still held an edge. "You don't have to get yourself into a fight with those agents. What do you expect to do anyway? They're far more experienced than all three of you are; they'll cut you down in seconds!" She started to tear up as she continued to try persuade Roman from his intentions. "I'm not going to watch as my thirteen year old son risks himself to fight for my protection!"

Roman's face took a shadowed look as he bowed his head from the long braids that fell in front of his eyes. "You're my mom," Raven said softly. "You of all people should believe in me; did you forget who taught me everything I know in the ways of the martial arts?"

"So what?" Sharon yelled. "Even with the power you kids possess as Draco, you still are children! You're too young to be fighting in this war!"

Roman chuckled a bit before abruptly stopping to throw his head back up. "Too young?" Roman asked as his voice increased in intensity. "We're kids that can fight full grown adults and overpower them with ease. I know I can handle myself with what I've learned. All these years of learning from Dad, watching and studying everything that he has ever done, I've absorbed it like a sponge. Coming here to see him and Uncle Jazz do what they do at their best showed me something."

Roman closed his eyes for a moment as a serene look came over his face, with the group anxiously awaiting his next response. Sharon in particular had to cover her mouth in shock as she gazed upon her eldest son'; right now he looked exactly as his father did a long time ago, when they had first met, and when Raven Edge had first stolen her heart. 'He's so much like him,' she thought, judging both from Roman's looks and attitude. As a mother, that made her equally proud and worried: proud because it was clear Roman wanted to take after his father, and worried due to what that might mean for his future. Let it be known that throughout all of Raven's exploits, she was the one, more so than anyone else, who knew the toll that kind of life could take on someone.

Roman paid his mother no heed as his eyes snapped open with the stern look of a readied warrior on his face, oddly looking just right on him despite his young age. "Taji, Quinton and I are heirs to greatness," Roman said. "And after watching Uncle Jazz and old man Nestor do what they do earlier today, I made my decision." Roman suddenly flexed his muscles as he went into a horse stance, shocking everyone present to the core as a dual colored blue and yellow aura of ki surrounded him. "My time has come!" Roman proclaimed, with his aura flicking in intensity, a visual personification of his feelings. "All this running around from these douchebags that are trying to capture us for their own gain, it ends here!" Roman cast a pointed glance at Taji and Quinton, wordlessly testing their own wills. "You all can do what you want, but I'm the son of Exemplar Raven Edge, the world renowned Ryu Senko. I fight to represent him when he himself cannot. And if it goes to that point," he said, a bit more softly, fully recognizing the risk he was set to take. "Just know that I'm not going to hell alone."

At that moment, a troop of 15 or so Ut Puri agents emerged into the alley Roman and co. were still in, quickly spotting Roman due to the brilliance of his aura. "There they are!" the point man of the group yelled. "Capture them!" The rest of the agents yelled out their unified agreement before brandishing their melee weapons to advance. They knew they were only meant to capture two women and three kids, but the long chase that they were led on by said group had irritated them, so they wordlessly decided to get a little payback for the chase.

Taji and Quinton cast each other a questioning glance, being moved by Roman's passionate speech. With a joint nod, the two took up positions at Roman's sides as they slid into martial stances. "Look at this," Taji said with a small grin. "Rome making an inspiring speech like an anime character."

"Did it work?" Roman asked.

"You bet it did," Quinton said. "I'm not just going to watch as my brother fights all these baddies alone. Besides, Dad does have two sons."

"And I'm the son of the Nycest, ever!" Taji proclaimed. "You're my cousins, and I do love you both, but you're not going to steal all of the thunder cuz."

"Good," Roman said with an audible sigh of relief. "Because I wasn't beat to fight these buffoons alone just because y'all came down with a case of the S.B.S."

"Come again?" Taji asked in confusion at the unknown reference.

"Scared bystander syndrome," Roman said before making a move to run towards the rapidly advancing Ut Puri troop. "You know, S.B.S!"

Taji rolled his eyes before taking off in a run behind Roman, followed on the heels by Quinton. "Your brother's a character," he said to Quinton. "You know that?"

 "Try living with him on a regular basis," Quinton replied. "But right now, less talk and more fight!"

The move by the boys didn't sit well with Sharon in the least, quickly calling out to the charging boys. "Rome, Quinton, Taji!" Sharon yelled out in vain. "Get your asses back here!"

LaShonda, however, wasn't nearly as worried, seeing the same looks of resolute victory on the boys as she was used to seeing on her own husband. "Sharon!" LaShonda yelled softly as she forced the distressed woman down to sit. "Let them go!"

Sharon rounded on :LaShonda in disbelief of what the woman had suggested. "Let them go!?" she asked, baffled. "Those are our sons about to fight Ut Puri now, not our husbands!"

"And?" LaShonda asked with a sure gaze as she watched the boys meet the Ut Puri troop in the middle of the alley, fully prepared to fight for it all. "This is what Raven and Jazz trained them for; this is what they want to do! " LaShonda's face softened as she still saw a genuine look of motherly fear on Sharon's face. "Yes, it's hard to let the go girl, but face it." She let a small grin grace her face as she saw the boys start the engagement with the ease of more experienced veterans. "They're growing up, and soon they won't be our little boys anymore."

Sharon sighed in defeat as she turned to watch her sons do battle with the Ut Puri agents. Even if LaShonda was willing to put her faith in the three boys, she wasn't so sure. Even as she watched the ensuing skirmish, she felt a dark pain in her heart. 'Be safe,' Sharon thought as she said a silent prayer. 'Roman, Taji, Quinton. Even you two Raven and Jasper; I want all the Edge men to be able to come home to their women tonight.'

***

As their sons fought in the town below, the elder Edges' chosen battles had escalated to even higher scales. Raven and Hezekiah were high above the ground, trading powerful marital shots that sounded like cannons going off each time they met their mark, with the occasional ki attack thrown in whenever one of them thought the other was vulnerable to finish off. They seemed to be evenly matched despite each others earlier claims of victory, even with the added strength of anima remissionis or Excalibur in the case of the Angeli Oberst.

Despite Jasper himself still using his own strength, he too was fighting an evenly paced battle with the released Julian on the ground, with the two warriors exchanging powerful beams of shadow and breaths of draconic ki like they were child's playthings. Every explosion that rang out was a testament to the amount of power and skill on display; every injury inflicted, another badge of honor for the warrior inside each of them.

"You've lasted longer than I thought you would," Jasper said with a grimace as he and Julian locked horns once again in a grappling test of strength. "I haven't had this much fun in a long time."

"Keep taking me as a joke," Julian said darkly as he struggled to overtake Jasper in their grappling position. "I swear by the end of this night you will always remember my name."

"That I will," Jasper agreed, suddenly pulling Julian forward to catch him off balance and strike with a vicious head butt that clouded the Daeva's vision momentarily. "As yet another fool that tried and failed to be Nyce."

'I don't intend to fail,' Julian thought sinisterly, even as he braced for yet another physical assault from Jasper. Julian was no fool; even with his Soul released power, he still failed to be much of a match for Jasper aside from a decently powered annoyance. Every hit that Jasper connected with drained his fighting strength, and soon he would be forced to fall out of his released form. Even still, more times than not, he proved his name as Ut Puri's manslayer through his tactical mind rather than his overwhelming power, and through this fight, Julian had finally thought of an idea that he was sure would work. 'If only I could take his mind off of me for one moment,' Julian thought. 'That's all I'll need to send a ripple through the soul of the Illuminati itself. They will learn to respect and fear me, I swear it!'

Julian had dark intentions for sure, but could he or Hezekiah weather the assault from the brothers Edge to enact whatever he was planning? He could only hope, for time was running out in more ways than he thought.

***

"We have arrived!" Ricardo yelled in glee as he drove up on the shores of Rhodes, not even trying to find a dock due to the urgency of the situation. As the boat skidded to a stop, he looked up to the sight of the fights between the brothers Edge and Ut Puri's finest warriors with a dropped jaw, having a newfound respect for the power of the near legendary Draco duo from what he felt. "They're really giving it all they got! You sure Exemplar Raven and his brother need any help?"

"It never hurts to have another hand," Saraya said, also watching the fights in the distance with baited breath. She extended her senses for a second to get a better look at the situation, with her eyes widening in shock once she sensed a few highly familiar ki signals. 'Jericho?' she thought, feeling his ki as he fought his own foe. 'And the kids?' I'm not liking this one bit.' Quickly coming to a decision, she darted off, with Ricardo swiftly following behind.

"Where are we going?" he asked, noticing that they weren't immediately heading towards Raven and Jasper's positions.

"I have to take care of something real quick," Saraya said with an obviously worried tone. She had felt the ki signals of the boys as well as Jericho, and to feel them in a fight unnerved her. 'What did you three get yourselves into this time?' Saraya thought as she increased her pace. The one thing that she was dead set on, was that whatever the boys were fighting for, she was going to end with extreme prejudice. 'Don't worry guys,' she thought. 'Saraya's on her way!'

 

 



© 2015 M.K. Alexander


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

326 Views
Added on April 7, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015


Author

M.K. Alexander
M.K. Alexander

Penns Grove, NJ



About
M.K. Alexander is a 24 year old first time novelist from Penns Grove, NJ. His inspiration for writing Illumination X comes from his love of history and a time-honed view on the importance learning fro.. more..

Writing