The Pill

The Pill

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Six

The day was over soon after that and Andy took my hand leading me into the house. “How long are we staying here?” He asked me watching me change and I blushed.

“I haven’t talked to them about it. We were so busy yesterday getting…” I cut off when he pulled me quickly into his lap. I put my head on his chest and just smiled. “I’ll talk to Mom about it tomorrow.” I promised and he led my lips up to his. “Are you sure we can?” I asked nervously looking at his arm.

“I’m positive that I’m going to.” He smiled before adding, “I’ve been thinking of this night since I met you.” I blushed again and he smiled gently standing me up and pulling off my nightgown and undergarments. He sat me back down on the bed but I sat up to watch as he took his clothes off. I smiled when he moved on top of me and his kisses just reigned all over my body. I used the point to run my fingers down his chest but he shook his head.

“Please don’t.” He whispered looking up at me and I nodded slowly.

“Sorry.” I promised. I had known since we’d started dating that he didn’t want me touching any part of him but his hands without clothes to cover them. I lost my train of thought when he bit my stomach and I moved under him unable to stop.

Afterwards he stood up and slipped his underwear and shirt back on but I smiled when he pulled me up against his chest. “I’m sorry about that.” He promised and I looked up at him. “About not letting you touch me.” He explained and I just rolled over so that I was looking at him.

“I’ve known for a long time that you didn’t like being touched.” I shook my head, “I’m just glad that we made it to this.” I smiled touching his shirt with my lips. “You used to not be able to hold my hand or let me touch you even with the shirt.” I explained. “So we’ll make it up to you being able to let me touch you during that too.” I blushed again though and he smiled kissing me.

“Are you up for another round of that?” He asked pushing up against me and I smiled feeling how much he wanted me. I nodded and rolled over on my back. He smiled starting his kisses again at least until I started to giggle.

“That tickles.” I continued to giggle when he looked up at me. He smiled evilly and kissed me right in the same spot on my hip until my ribs were hurting because I was laughing so hard. “You’re going to wake everybody up.” I chastised when he moved up to my lips.

“They’ll be fine.” He promised me with a kiss and then he moved and I smiled watching him struggle to get his underwear off. I stood up and took them off for him and he smiled pushing me back into the bed.

“Wait since your shirt is still on?” I questioned and he nodded slowly so my arms wrapped tightly around him as he put himself in me. I kept my hands on his shirt and gasped in relief when the tension he built relaxed.

“You better get some sleep. We’ll be expected for breakfast in a few hours.” He whispered and I rolled over laying in his chest. I pulled away when he tensed and couldn’t hide my frown. “Stay still.” He whispered using his arm to pull me right back where I’d been laying. I realized then that it was our legs. They were touching and there was no fabric between them. I smiled some before slipping out of the sheet and laying on top of it with just the quilt over me.

“Better?” I whispered and he smiled guiltily. “Well you’re going to need sleep too.” I shrugged but I could tell that he knew how much I wanted to touch him. I just closed my eyes and I actually fell asleep quickly for the first time in years.

“You look oddly well rested.” Bell whispered when I walked down to help them with breakfast. Andy had woken up some but had just rolled back over and went back into his drugged sleep.

“Where’s Andrew?” Mom asked me.

“I made him take one of his pills early this morning so he’s fast asleep.” I shrugged but she smiled knowingly.

“And our giggly girl is up.” Dad smiled wrapping his arms around me. I blushed bright red and they all laughed. I quickly busied myself making pancakes.

“Are you going to see if Andrew feels like coming down for breakfast?” Bell asked.

“I’m not sure if he’ll be able to.” I admitted, “His pills have some strong side effects.” I walked upstairs slowly only to walk in on Andy getting dressed. I quickly closed the door behind me and he walked over to me.

“Why didn’t you wake me up?” He asked kissing me softly but he was having difficulty getting his shirt on and so I just took a side of his shirt and carefully without touching him helped him finish getting dressed buttoning his jeans after his shirt.

“Oh and I did wake you up.” I told him, “You were still drugged though.” He frowned remembering easily how I’d forced him to take his prescription. “I just want you able to sleep.” I whispered, “Throughout the day I won’t bother you about just taking Tylenol or Ibruprophen if that’s what you want but at night…”

“I’ll take it when I need it.” He promised me and I bit my tongue to stop from yelling at him. “Please Alex.” He whispered pulling me into his chest, “You know why I can’t take those. Please don’t make me.” I sighed but nodded.

“I’ll try not to.” I promised and he kissed me softly.

“Thank you.” He smiled and I smiled back.

“Everybody’s waiting for us downstairs.” I told him. “I made pancakes.” He nodded and we walked downstairs together.

“Are you feeling okay?” Bell asked him but I shook my head at her.

“Son, if the pain is still this bad you should probably go back to the doctor.” Dad said, “Especially if it’s this bad on top of the pills.”

“He doesn’t take them.” I said simply before walking to the stove and making Andy’s pancakes his favorite way… into a sandwich.

“Thank you.” Andy smiled when I sat them in front of him. I just smiled some but he could tell it was fake. “What’s wrong?” He asked after everybody had gotten up leaving just him to eat and me to sit with him.

“I just…” I trailed off and shook my head. “I promised you that I wouldn’t.”

“So it’s the pills.” He sighed.

“I just don’t want you in pain.” I tried to explain and he sighed.

“It’s not only the past stopping me from taking them.” He shook his head, “I don’t like the way they make me feel.”

“So if we were to say…” I started looking down at the table, “Well if I took you to the doctor and they gave you a less addictive and less powerful drug… would you take it like you’re supposed to?” He looked at me for a long minute but then nodded.

“For you.” He promised and I relaxed entirely.

“Let’s go then.” I said getting up.

“Where?”

“To the doctor.” I explained and he sighed but let me lead him to the barn. “We’re going into town.” I told Daddy when he walked in to find me helping Andy get the buggy ready. Daddy took over for the both of us tightening everything before handing me the reigns.

“Sorry Andrew but I feel more comfortable giving them to Alex right now.” Andy nodded slowly both of us knowing Dad was talking about the fact that he could only drive with one hand. I carefully turned the horses around and then took off for town.

“Oh Mr. Williams. The hospital told me you would be in before now.” Dr. Owens, a family friend and my doctor for as long as I could remember, smiled.

“You were supposed to come in already?” I frowned at Andy but he just touched my face softly and I smiled at the new step. Another thing he’d never been comfortable doing, done.

“We’ve been a little busy.” Andy told him and Dr. Owens laughed.

“Well is everything feeling okay?”

“For the most part.” Andy said.

“Most part?” Dr. Owens turned to me knowing that Andy was avoiding the whole problem that I’d forced him to come here for.

“He won’t take the pain pills the hospital gave him.” I explained and comprehension filled Dr. Owens eyes. He’d been the one to try and save Andy’s younger brother just a couple years before.

“I can give you a drug that’s a lot less addictive.” Dr. Owens promised both of us and I nodded. “It won’t work as well but it will work better than when you aren’t taking anything.” He explained and I sighed relaxing some. “Well that seems to relax Alex.” He smiled turning to Andy, “Andrew, will you take these if I write the prescription?”

“If I don’t Alex will force me to.” He smiled some though and I relaxed smiling happily.

“Then here they are.” Dr. Owens handed me a bottle. That was why the Amish always went to him he understood the fact that we did not have health insurance and so he’d always give us samples of whatever we needed so that we could save some money. He also did not bill for nearly the same price as the other doctors. “One every four hours as he needs them.” He explained and I nodded. “You might need some more so I’m going to give you a prescription. They will be a lot cheaper than the others were.” Andy relaxed some at that and nodded. “I’m also going to bill the hospital for this so don’t be expecting any kind of bill.” Dr. Owens added and Andy took his hand voluntarily. I backed up some having never seen Andy do that but I also smiled.

“Thank you Dr. Owens.” Andy told him and Dr. Owens smiled.

“It’s not a big deal.” He promised and then he led us back out of the doctor’s office.

“Will you take your pill now?” I asked Andy after getting a coke from the machine outside. He nodded with a sigh and so I opened the bottle handing him a pill and then giving him the bottle of coke.

“Happy?” He asked and I smiled moving into his side.

“Thank you.” I promised him before taking off for the house. When we pulled in the family was there. “I guess it’s family dinner night.” I smiled but jumped down.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell