Home

Home

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Seven

“Aunt Alex!!” My niece, Lexi, yelled and I opened my arms for her. “Your wedding was really pretty.” She promised.

“Yeah she especially enjoyed the candy bar.” My oldest brother, Samuel, laughed and I moved to hug him close. Bell and I were the only girls my parents had and Lexi was the only girl of their grandchildren. His wife, Christine, moved over to me next hugging me close. They had four children all together: Jake, Austin, S.J (Samuel Jr.), and Lexi.

“Married life?” She smiled looking at the pills in my hand.

“At least he’s taking these.” I smiled slipping them into my apron pocket and she laughed with me as the second oldest, John, came over hugging me. His wife had died in childbirth four years ago and his son, J.J (John Jr.), was perfect.

“Hey Alex.” He smiled hugging me close. I knew that the wedding had been difficult on him since he’d been the last to get married but at least he seemed to be doing okay today.

The last of my brothers, Jeremiah, came over and pushed John away. He was unmarried and had no desire to get married. “So you got married.” He smiled.

“Yep and before my big bubby too.” I laughed hugging him. “You know you are twenty now…” I suggested.

“Nope.” He laughed, “I like being single. No woman to tell me what to do.” He smiled.

“Jeremy!!” Mom called, “Come help me pick some of these tomatoes.”

“No woman to tell you what to do?” I laughed as he ran off but smiled when I felt Andy wrap his arm around me. “I love you.” I smiled looking up.

“Love you too.” He smiled before kissing me I pulled away just to turn around and wrap my arms around his neck kissing him again. “Not out here.” He smiled pulling away gently but I blushed realizing that we were out in the middle of the driveway. “Tonight.” He promised in my ear but pushed up against me and I smiled feeling him suddenly happy that he’d decided to go against Dad.

Dinner was loud and hectic just like every family dinner had always been but then everybody left and Andy stood up taking my hand. “I think we’ll skip the living room tonight.” He smiled and everybody laughed at us understanding exactly where he was taking me.

“Andy…” I smiled as he started to take his clothes off. I moved over helping him and soon he was just letting me do all of the work watching me first undress him and then myself. I laughed when he pushed me back into the bed but then all laughter was over as he kissed me making me move closer and wrap around him. It wasn’t long before he put his finger into me and then another smiling as he took them to his nose. He moved my legs farther up though and I sighed when he entered me.

“You know what we’re going to do?” He asked me as he slipped on his nightshirt.

“What?” I smiled up at him.

“First we’re going to make a rule that you always sleep just like this.” He said pulling the sheets off of me and just looking down. I covered myself with my hands but he moved them and smiling said, “I’m your husband. I’m allowed to look.” I blushed brightly but forced my hands to stay where they were.

“What else are we going to do?” I asked getting him to stop looking at me. He sighed but pulled the cover up over both of us. I rolled over into his chest and looked up at him.

“Well when we finally get to move into our house…” He started and I smiled, “We’re going to experiment with some things.” I looked up at him confused but he kissed me, “You’ll see tomorrow.” He promised.

“Tomorrow?” I asked. Normally married couples would stay with the bride’s family for at least a week.

“Tomorrow.” He smiled as he added, “At our home you won’t have to worry about any noise we might make. Meaning you can yell at me and laugh anytime you want.” He promised and I smiled eagerly.

“I love you.” I promised him.

“I know.” He smiled teasingly and I frowned. “I love you too.” He promised with a kiss. I tightened my hold though and he smiled eagerly moving to hover over me in a way that got me right where he wanted me.

“So what are you up to today?” Bell asked when Andy and I walked down into the kitchen.

“Moving.” I smiled, “Andy wants to get settled.” I shrugged but they smiled happily at me. I turned to Andy and asked, “Have you taken your pill?”

“It’s not time yet.” He promised wrapping his arm around me, “I just didn’t wake you up last time I took it.” He explained and I smiled putting my head on his chest. “Plus part of our deal was that I didn’t have to take them during the day.” He reminded me in my ear and I lifted my face to kiss him.

“I love you.” I promised and he smiled kissing me again.

“Oh young love…” Samuel laughed coming into the house.

“Remember when you would hold me like that?” Christine asked him and he smiled wrapping his arms around her. They’d been married for twelve years now and after the first year they’d had a child every two years.

“What are you two doing here?” Mom smiled hugging Samuel tightly, “And where are my little babies?” She asked frowning.

“Outside with Dad.” Samuel smiled at her. She walked outside at that and straight to the workshop. “See Alex… take my warning… as soon as you have kids they don’t care about you.” He smiled though and I just leaned into Andy.

“It could be a while before any kids come.” Andy sighed and I smiled up at him. “What?” He whispered when I stretched trying to reach his lips.

“Kiss me.” I whispered to where only he could hear. “Please.” I added and he smiled before gently taking my lips in his. He kissed me softly three times before pulling away.

“We need to get boxes so that we can pack up your room.” He told me and I smiled pulling away and going into the shop.

“Aunt Alex!!” Samuel’s kids yelled as I walked in.

“Hey guys…” I smiled happily. I turned to Dad, “Do you have any boxes?”

“Right there.” He pointed and I smiled taking a few. “Are you leaving?” He questioned.

“Andy said he wanted to get settled at his… our… home.” I explained and he smiled wrapping his arms around me.

“Maybe I was wrong.” He admitted, “I’m starting to think that Andrew will be good for you.”

“He already is.” I smiled kissing his cheek. “I love you Daddy.” I promised.

“Love you too Kid. Tell your brother to come out and see me.” He told me and I nodded.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell