Memories

Memories

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Fourteen

“Why does it do that?” I asked when I woke up a few weeks later to find my mark glowing again.

“We have been apart for so long that it is calling to my mark to make sure that I am here.” Clay explained with a smile.

“Hey Clay?” I whispered.

“Yes?”

“My brothers?” I had been curious since he’d told me about Earth and I’d noticed they didn’t come to strategy meetings. I was the only female allowed in the meetings.

“Your family that lost their powers. They’ve known this whole time that they wouldn’t come back.”

“You mean…” I trailed off.

“We are in charge on Earth too. Technically. All of the heads of each country know that we exist and that we are in charge. They run most things through us.”

“Genocides?”

“Not run through us and the leader is killed.”

“Why are they still happening then?”

“We run two countries. One of those countries is in war. I have let the leaders of the countries take over lately. Maybe longer than lately.” He shook his head. “Since my uncle let his plan to take over our planet spill I have let the humans run their own planet. It’s a lot younger than most planets are when their makers give them freedom but… well we can’t handle them.”

“Let my brothers rule.” I whispered. “They can do it. We have royal blood anyway… right?”

“They share yours so since we did the ceremony yes.” He nodded.

“Then put them in charge. Give Earth a chance. They obviously aren’t doing well on their own.”

“For you.” He nodded kissing me. I smiled some and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“Clarence?!” Bell yelled and he ran downstairs quickly using his powers to change. I slowly got ready and walked down.

“What do you mean Elliot went there alone?”

“He said that as your right hand it was his job.” She whispered. “I came as soon as I knew he wouldn’t be able to stop me.”

“Ally?” Clay whispered turning to me. “I’ll be back.” He promised, “I have to go end this though.”

“Get Eli back.” I whispered, “Then blow up the planet.”

“You said no.” Clay whispered remembering the tears and begging easily.

“Now my sister’s life is in danger.” I told him and he nodded.

“Elliot.” Clay ordered, “Down here now.” He waited a couple seconds, “As your king I order you to come here.” He announced and suddenly a very angry Eli was with us. “Both of you stay with Bell.” Clay ordered leaving.

“Where’s he going?”

“To blow up the Warlock Planet.” I whispered and Eli looked at me.

“I thought you didn’t want anymore death?”

“My family is in danger. I am queen and it’s my duty to protect my country and family.”

“Wow…” Bell whispered looking at me. “I think for the first time I can see you as queen.” I smiled some and then started pacing waiting for Clay.

“I’m going to town.” I declared at sunset.

“Clarence said we weren’t to allow you to leave the house without him.” Simon shook his head. “Kent. Help me.” He said calmly.

“Fine I won’t leave.” I growled but then I felt my mark start to search and then a shock of pain when it realized that Clay wasn’t here. I dropped quickly and cradled my arm rocking gently as I felt the bones start to break.

“Crap.” Dad whispered. “Their mating isn’t complete yet.” He continued, “Eli come with me.” Dad ordered.

“I’m second.” Eli warned.

“And you are going to come get Clarence with me before your queen’s body breaks into a thousand pieces.” I felt the tears start as another bone broke. They both left quickly though and after three more broken bones Clay was taking my wrist. I screamed in pain and he sat it down before rolling his sleeve up and putting his mark on mine. I sighed and the breaks stopped.

“Come here.” Clay whispered and I crawled into his arms. “I’m sorry I was sure that the mating had finished.”

“Don’t leave me again.” I begged and he nodded.

“Let me see your arm.” He whispered and I carefully gave it to him. He placed his mark back over mine and I felt the damage start to reverse. When he was done he put my arm down in my lap and just tightened his arms.

“Don’t use it too much for the rest of the day.” Clay told me and I nodded. “How are your memories?” He asked worriedly. I got my memories back slowly in dreams now and for the past few nights I’d been getting memories of times that Clay or I had almost died during kidnappings or wars or sicknesses.

“I don’t want to talk about them.” I whispered turning into his chest.

“What memories is she getting?” Bell whispered.

“The painful ones.” Clay said simply but I felt myself start to doze and jumped out of bed. “Ally?” Clay questioned.

“I can’t.” I whispered knowing he was going to fuss at me for refusing to let myself sleep, “Please don’t make me.” I begged and he nodded.

“We’ll go for a ride in the cold weather.” He promised and I sighed. “Mother wants us to go home for the Moon Ceremony.” He told me.

“Moon Ceremony?”

“It’s a celebration we throw every year in thanks to the moon.”

“Thanks to the moon?”

“Our planet came from one of the Moon Planets.”

“Like Moon as in the Earth’s moon?”

“No moon as in the creature that can control the weather and sun and moon.”

“There’s somebody that can do that?”

“Yes but they only give their king the authority to do it.”

“So the rest what…? Act like humans?”

“Study. They are all geniuses about the climate on every known planet.”

“Known?”

“We know there are at least four others that just keep a low profile.” He nodded, “It would be naïve of us to believe that there aren’t more.”

“Oh.” I whispered.

“What?”

“Call me naïve but until you came I always thought that Earth was the only living planet.” He smiled and pulled me in closer to him.

“I will never call you naïve. Your parents and protectors were under strict orders to not tell you about any of this until after our ceremony.”

“Why weren’t you allowed?” I whispered.

“The Moon creatures have more energy on their planet than any other.” He whispered, “I made a deal with their king so that I could perform the spell on their planet.”

“Wait so that mean…s…?” I trailed off when he nodded. “You said that Witches don’t owe people anything.”

“I couldn’t let you die.” He shook his head and I stretched to kiss his cheek.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“For what?”

“Being patient with me… saving my life… hundreds of times…”

“I love you, Ally. That’s what you do when you love somebody.” I smiled and curled up so my legs were beside me in the seat and Clay was holding me up.

“Let’s get you back to the house. We can pack and head home.” Clay whispered and then smiled, “What would you like for Moon Ceremony this year?”

“What do you mean?”

“Traditionally the Moon Planet will come visit during the weeklong celebration to see how everything is going.”

“Do they know about the war?”

“They will after this week.”

“Is it safe to celebrate?”

“My uncle won’t ruin another celebration.”

“Okay then.” I nodded as he stopped in front of the house.

“Everybody will need to be packed by dinner.” Clay announced when we walked into the house and everybody looked over at us.

“Why?” Bell asked and Eli shook his head, “Alex?” She turned her question to me knowing that nobody could yell at her for questioning the queen like they could the king. I was her twin before her queen.

“We are going home for the Moon Ceremony.” I told her slowly.

“Your mother will be very excited to hear that you’ve decided to come home to celebrate.” Clay’s father, I’d found out his name was Alec, smiled at Clay. “She misses both of you.” He added with a glance over at me. “May I talk to you Clay?” He asked after a second while the room cleared.

“Yes.” Clay nodded and looked down at me, “I’ll be…”

“You promised.” I whispered turning so that I was in his chest and he wrapped his arm around me.

“What do you need Father?”

“I would prefer to speak to you alone about this.”

“That would be impossible. The mating is still not complete. You heard the pain she was in this morning.”

“I want to know what you are going to do about her memories.”

“They are coming back Father.” Clay promised tensing.

“But her speech. It’s been the same every year. She will have to give it.”

“I will coach her.” Clay promised but he felt me tense, “We’ll get through this.” He promised me.

“Couldn’t whoever has been giving it the past hundred centuries give it?” I questioned.

“No. It is the queen’s duty.” Clay shook his head, “Mother has been giving it for you but… it does nothing without the queen.”

“Does nothing?”

“You’ll see.” He smiled.

“Maybe you should redo the ceremony?” Alec suggested.

“What would that do?” I whispered.

“Make your memories come even faster.” Clay whispered.

“Then we have to.”

“I was hoping our next ceremony would go back to love not necessity.” Clay shook his head.

“As king and queen it’s our duty.” I whispered and then added, “I do love you Clay.”

“Okay then.” He smiled though and I realized that I hadn’t told him that yet.

“You know that don’t you Clay?” I whispered when we were in the room. “You know that I love you?”

“I do now.” He smiled pulling me into his chest and kissing me eagerly. I sighed into the kiss and just held on tighter.



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on March 10, 2013
Last Updated on March 10, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell