Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
A Choice

A Choice

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Eleven

“You won’t remember her after the ceremony.” Clarence shook his head. “Once we right the plan… you will be open to find your mate.”

“What?” I asked again.

“The romance you two have kept for so long… it has kept both of you from reaching your destiny. Andrew will meet his mate and do the wolf ceremony on her and he will live forever too.”

“So maybe one day we’ll meet again.” I whispered to Andy.

“I’ll look forward to it.” He promised and then he phased and ran off.

“We should talk.” Clarence whispered.

“Give her today.” Mom shook her head. “You can stay with us.” She promised, “Then you’ll know that…” She was cut off by my scream.

“The oath…” Clarence whispered. “Alex… quickly give me your wrist.” He ordered but I shook my head. Dad snatched my wrist and held it to Clarence. “You know this won’t work without a voluntary mate.” He whispered refusing to take my wrist, “Please leave us alone.” He added and Mom led Dad away.

“What’s happening to me?” I whispered looking up at Clarence.

“Please… do the ceremony with me… at least start it… it will give us some time to finish.” I handed him my wrist reminding myself that Andy’s happiness was in danger. Clarence put my wrist on the inside of his and I thought about my weird moon scar that was there.

“It’s the symbol of our planet.” Clarence whispered softly as the pain faded, “An integral part of our ceremony.” I nodded, “Okay just repeat after me.” He whispered and I nodded again, “I vow myself to you.”

“I vow myself to… you.” I managed my voice breaking.

“For the rest of eternity.”

“For the rest of eternity.” I whispered my tears falling again.

“I will be yours and only yours.”

“I will be yours and only yours.”

“You will be mine and only mine.”

“You will be mine and only mine.” I felt something warm happening where our wrists were attached.

“I will protect you as you protect me.”

“I will protect you as you protect me.”

“My turn.” He whispered using his other hand to wipe a tear from my face.

“I vow myself to you for eternity. I will be your protector and provider. I will care for you and you will help me rule.”

“Rule?” I interrupted. He shook his head and I forced myself to be quiet.

“I will be yours and only yours. You will be mine and only mine.” He seemed to chuckle at that part but I just focused on the warmth that was crawling up my arm. “We will be together forever and will put the citizens of our world before the citizens of any other.” The warmth reached my heart as he finished but suddenly there was a bright light.

“Son.” A man smiled joining us. “It’s about time you win your bride back.”

“Father.” Clarence bowed his head slightly and stood up. “She is only doing this to protect her family. She still claims to not love me.”

“The ceremony should unlock her memories of your time together. Remember that you are the one that chose to save her.”

“I know father.” Clarence nodded.

“Save me?”

“You died on our planet. Clarence sent you here with your parents after healing you… of course with you dead you came back as what this planet calls a reincarnation. Good thing he thought ahead and had your aging revert back after thirty years if you hadn’t done the ceremony yet.” The man, apparently Clarence’s father, spoke with pride for his son and what seemed like a kinship to me.

“Father.” Clarence said, “I would like to have the chance to explain everything to Alex when she has had a chance to calm and heal some.”

“So they had…” His father questioned.

“They were married.”

“She broke it off?”

“He left. He knew what would happen if he didn’t.”



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell