A stranger

A stranger

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell

Chapter Ten

“Can I…?” I cut off when they looked at me and backed up.

“You remember me.” He whispered and I shook my head deciding to act normal.

“Can I help you?” I requested.

“Yes. I just moved up here from Alaska and I need to get some furniture.”

“What were you thinking of in terms of furniture?”

“I’m not sure. What would you suggest?”

“Well my husband can make pretty much any… thi…ng…” I trailed off as Andy’s arms wrapped around me.

“Hi…” He whispered down to me lifting my face to kiss me but then he was suddenly against the wall and Bell looked over at me.

“Quit!!!” Bell yelled at me. “You’re going to hurt hi…m… wait.” Comprehension hit her. “That’s him.” She whispered and I took off running. Bell was beside me in a minute and when we were in the woods she turned me into her. “What are you going to do?”

“Talk to Mom and Dad.” I whispered, “I have to let them know that he’s here. They don’t even know that I know my marriage was arranged long ago.”

“Alex…” Bell whispered, “What if he’s dangerous?”

“Then I really have to warn Mom and Dad.” I shrugged and she nodded.

“I’ll go with you.” She promised but then Andy came up to us.

“What’s going on?” Andy snapped.

“I have to go to Mom.” I shook my head and took off running. He pinned me to a tree though.

“What happened in there, Alex?”

“I had to keep you safe.” I whispered, “That man… I was promised to him centuries ago.” I whispered, “When I was a baby.”

“How old are you?”

“I’m just seventeen but… I get reincarnated.” I whispered, “Every life though… you and I fall in love and marry and then… I start to get my memories back and he shows up declaring that we must be married.”

“What are you trying to tell me Alex?”

“Last life… I promised him with Mom and Dad in the room… they never die because they married their mate… I promised all of them that I would marry and do the ceremony this life…”

“So where does that leave us?”

“In danger.” I whispered.

“How long have you known this?”

“I started getting my memories back the day after you… pulled away.” I whispered.

“Would you have told me if he hadn’t shown up today?”

“No.” I admitted. “I had no plans of telling you anything about this.”

“Why?”

“I was going to…” I cut off and shook my head, “I have a plan I just need a little more time. I will be with you forever though.”

“It’s our destiny to be together.” The man told me suddenly behind me.

“My destiny is obviously with Andy. It’s the way it’s always been.”

“Or you could leave him and perform the ceremony. You promised me as my mate.” He reminded me, “If you break this promise…”

“It will break our mating.” I nodded and he backed up.

“You would become human. I would become human.”

“I know.” I nodded.

“Your plan is to give up your powers?” Andy whispered and I nodded.

“I thought I felt it.” Mom whispered joining us. “Hello Clarence.” She turned to him.

“You let her break her word.” Clarence whispered, “She’s planning to give up her powers… a plan that you probably knew about last life.”

“Clarence…” Mom whispered shaking her head but then she turned to me, “You plan on giving up your powers?”

“Yes.” I whispered. “It’s the only way that Clarence will…”

“Die.” Dad said. “He will die if you give up your powers.”

“What do you mean?” I looked between the three of them, “The male doesn’t die…”

“Unless a mate breaks a mate oath before a ceremony. Even the male body has limits.” Mom whispered.

“Re-word the deal.” Clarence ordered taking my arm. “I’ll give you one last life with him.”

“Clarence…” I whispered looking down, “Do you really want to keep falling into the same cycle?”

“No.” He shook his head, “You get one last life with him as your husband and then you will do the ceremony. It doesn’t matter if you are married to him when I find you again or not.” He warned. “Make the oath.”

“I can’t.” I shook my head a tear falling, “I’m sorry Clarence… I can’t though. Especially if it would mean having to do a ceremony that would erase his memory of any marriage we might have next life.”

“Do the ceremony this life.” Andy whispered moving his arms. “Do the ceremony now.” He ordered.

“No!!!” I begged him, “Please…” I felt a tear fall.

“They aren’t telling you the whole story.” He shook his head, “As wolf I am good at spotting lies and somebody here is lying to you.”

“I don’t love him.”

“It’s your destiny.” Mom whispered. “It doesn’t matter if you love him or not.”

“Yes it does!!!” I snapped through my tears, “That’s all that matters! I love Andy and I don’t love Clarence!!!”

“We need to talk alone.” Clarence said softly.

“You aren’t allowed to tell her until after the ceremony.” Dad shook his head.

“And the way this is going there will never be a ceremony. We’ve been going through this cycle for over a hundred centuries. Something has to break it before the whole planet is destroyed.”

“What are you talking about?” Andy asked.

“Not your silly dog planet.” Clarence brushed him off.

“What?” I whispered.

“Alone.” Clarence warned and I nodded.

“I’ll meet you at home.” I promised Andy.

“Come here…” Andy whispered opening his arms and I moved into them quickly. He kissed me for a few seconds before pulling away and walking away.

“Andrew.” Mom whispered and he turned back. “I’ll go with you.” She promised and he nodded, “We need to find Bell.”

“Wait?” I whispered.

“She’s supposed to be with Elliot.” Dad promised me.

“Why the lies? You weren’t worried about Andy not settling…” I whispered, “I bet you were the one that convinced the Bishops to force him to go with his parents.”

“I can’t lose you.” Dad told me. “If you break this oath you will end our planet, your life, Clarence’s life, and Isabella’s life.”

“What does Bell have to do with this?”

“Twins are attached for eternity. Elliot and her will be having their ceremony next week. After that ceremony you will have two months before it’s time to pay the oath.” Mom whispered and took Andy’s arm.

“No.” Andy shook his head and moved over to me. “I’m leaving.” He told me. “You would never be able to forgive me if choosing me meant the end of Isabella’s life too.” He whispered, “Be with Clarence and… keep your oath.”

“Andy…” I whispered the tears falling harder.

“Live… live for me… choose life.” He whispered, “There is more at stake than just us here. Your family and whatever planet they are talking about… I can’t have that on my conscious. I would rather know that you are safe and taken…”



© 2013 Mary Greenwell


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

157 Views
Added on March 9, 2013
Last Updated on March 9, 2013


Author

Mary Greenwell
Mary Greenwell

Bloomfield, KY



About
I love to write and read. I am in college right now and so I don't get to write as often as I like but I still enjoy it. more..

Writing
Flashbacks Flashbacks

A Chapter by Mary Greenwell