Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Pam

*

-Rosalind-

            My eyes opened to the sound of a machine beeping. What the hell is going on? Who was this James guy and why did I miss him so much? All the thinking in the world would never reboost my memories of this James guy. He was probably a tall, skinny guy with short blond hair. Or maybe that's just a stereotype? Everything felt so hopeless at that point. Would my full memory ever come back? Someone knocked at the door. I turned my head towards the sound. It was Patt. She must be here to question me. Patt stood next to the tan door holding a bouquet of red pansies. I motioned with my hand for her to come closer. She moved at her own pace, and set the flowers down on the table next to me. Patt crossed her arms and sat down near me.

            "How are you feeling?" she asked with concern.

            Before I had a chance to answer, something made a buzzing sound. It was coming from something sitting on the table. Patt noticed the sound and turned to look at the table. She picked up something. A phone? I watched with confusion. The screen lit up and Patt pushed some buttons. Seconds went bye, and she finally handed it to me.

            "What am I supposed to do with this?" I asked holding it with both hands.

            She replied, "It's a phone... you text with it. You know, with both thumbs."

            I wondered a moment and mimicked what she did. The screen changed to a different menu. It read 2 unopened messages. I pushed the button again and a message opened.

         To:  Rosalind

From:  James

         Heyy. I know where U r. While I was driving around searching 4 U, I came across an accident that had occurred close 2 school. I talked to some of the Police and was able to identify U. They said to come visit U in the morning. I told them that I'm ur boyfriend. Just a heads up. See U soon, my lovely Rosalind

~James

            James. That name stuck out like a sore thumb. There was that word again, accident. Had I really been in an accident? Involving another person? A worried feeling suddenly occurred in my stomach. I could feel all the stress piling up inside me. I knew I had seen those surroundings before! It happened near my school? Oh God, that's even worse. Gossip. All the gossip that would go around school when people found out what happened. Boyfriend? Was he serious? For all I know, this James guy could be a serial killer who got my number by mistake! Boyfriend.... Yeah, sure, that'll be the day. He's gonna be here tomorrow though, in this building. Well, maybe I will just have a surprise waiting for him.... Holding my phone in my hands; it started to all come back to me, piece by piece. I just remembered how to reply to a message, or shall I say text message? I glanced at Patt. She sat there next to me waiting patiently for me to speak. I shook my head from side to side.

To:  James

          From:  Rosalind

           I am excited 2 C U in the morning also....

                ~Rosalind

            I had no clue what to say. I still don't even know who the hell this guy is, or what his game is either. I opened up the other text message.

To:  Rosalind

          From:  Richard

           It's about 8 O' Clock now. I'm at Prom (the Country Club) with everyone else. I guess u're not gonna be here AT ALL. Must b an emergency- u chipped a nail or ur hair got screwed up- I get it. I just wanted us 2 slow dance 2 at least one song tonight. Catch u later baby <3.                

     ~Richard

            I sat there in shock. Richard. There was another man in my life? Oh great. And I thought one jackass was enough to deal with. So who is this guy then? Maybe he's my real boyfriend?

                                               

To:  Richard

       From:  Rosalind

        I won't be there. I am in the hospital currently.

                                                                                    ~Rosalind

            I laid my phone down on the table and looked over at Patt. She still sat there waiting for me to speak. I nodded my head yes.

            "So... what happened? What did the messages say?"

            I hesitated, "Um, they were just talking about hanging out and stuff."

            "Were they all only from one person?" she asked with one eye brow raised.

            I sighed, "They weren't very interesting messages.... Can we talk about something else instead?"

            "Oh," she paused, "I see I hit a sore spot."

            "No, it's not that. It's just...." I drifted off.

            "I can see that it's been a long day for you. So I will finish my questioning in the morning."

            "Thank you," I replied.

            Patt stood up and stumbled toward the door. The way she was walking, you'd think she was drunk. It was obvious that all the sitting made her lose circulation in her legs. She turned to wave bye to me and then left. I sat in my hospital bed thinking aloud. "James? Richard? Maybe these are two guys that I like in life? Or they could be brothers?"



© 2013 Pam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: Rosalind, James, Richard


Author

Pam
Pam

NJ



About
Heyy. I'm seventeen and have been writing for most of my life. I'm also interested in Art and Computers. more..

Writing
Open Windows Open Windows

A Poem by Pam


Royalty with Fame Royalty with Fame

A Story by Pam