Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Pam

I screamed and jumped in my hospital bed. My breathing became heavy. My eyes opened and I could see the room lit up. It was morning. James would be here soon. Patt would be questioning me. Today was going to be a long day, I could sense it. A knock was heard at the door. My head turned toward the sound. Patt was standing there, next to a man holding a bouquet of purple tulips and yellow roses. They entered before I could give permission. He laid the flowers on the table next to me. They both stared, waiting for me to speak.

            "James?" I asked looking him up and down. At that moment, I felt starstruck. My eyes met his and we held eye contact. The way he looked, I felt like I had seen him before.

            Patt interrupted the intimate moment, "This is James," she pointed at him.

            "I see that you're doing better Rosalind," he exclaimed staring into my eyes deeply.

            "Yes," I smiled, glanced at Patt, and nodded.

            She exited the room. I knew she'd be back to question me and probably James too. Patt would at least bring back coffees for each of us, and maybe some donuts. Then again, she is a cop, so that's kind of a stereotype.

            He sat down near me. The smile would not leave my face. Whatever this feeling was, it couldn't just go away with the snap of my fingers. James sat there peacefully. He pushed red hair away from his face and smiled. I looked up at the ceiling and realized that I had been day dreaming. I closed my eyes and shook my head side to side hoping that I would knock myself back to reality. I tried to gather my thoughts again. James. Richard. Patt. Accident. Prom. School. Car. Love..... Love? Would it really be possible for me to love this guy with red hair? Someone knocked at the door. Patt. She stood in the hallway holding two Styrofoam cups in each hand.

            "What?" she asked walking into the room.

            "Nothing," I replied holding my hand out.

            She handed one cup to me, "It's tea."

            "Yum," I exclaimed to satisfy her.

            I took a sip and waited for her to speak. She held the other cup in her hand still. Apparently James wouldn't get one. His expression from rejection made me laugh.

            "Okay," she paused to take a sip of her tea, "It's time for me to question Rosalind. So, out James." Patt pointed to the door and James looked at me. I could tell he didn't want to leave. He stood up and left the room.



© 2013 Pam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: Rosalind, James, Richard


Author

Pam
Pam

NJ



About
Heyy. I'm seventeen and have been writing for most of my life. I'm also interested in Art and Computers. more..

Writing
Open Windows Open Windows

A Poem by Pam


Royalty with Fame Royalty with Fame

A Story by Pam