Chapter 20

Chapter 20

A Chapter by Pam

*

-Rosalind-

            I sat down on the cold metal seat and continued to cry. James left and probably wouldn't be back at all.

            "Hey," someone exclaimed with their hand on my shoulder.

            James?

            I looked up. No, not James. It was Michael, the one who gave that... interesting eulogy.

            "Hi," I said flatly.

            He sat down next to me, "I saw you talking to that guy earlier. Was he your boyfriend?"

            I sighed, "That's what he had claimed before."

            "What do you mean 'claimed'?" he asked confused.

            "It's complicated," my head became droopy.

            "Hey, cheer up. Things could be worse, you know?"

            Michael put his hand on my chin, forcing us to make eye contact.

            Another sigh, "I'm trying my best to stay strong. But I've been through so much the past days. The text messages. Prom. The accident-"

            "What accident?" he cut me off.

            "I was in an accident a couple days ago," tears began to pour down my face again.

            He wiped them away from my face, "What happened? Was anyone hurt?" he asked with concern.

            "No, no one was hurt, luckily. I think it was my fault, because my phone distracted me. I was texting someone and tried to keep it away from me. I went to grab for my purse, and that's all I remember now about it. I woke up confused and the ambulance took me to the hospital. I was further questioned and never found out what actually happened. I'm hoping the other person is still alive. I will never know who it was, ever."

            Michael continued to stare at me, "That really sucks."

            "What have you been dealing with these past days?" I changed the subject.

            He sighed, "Too many things. Remembering my wife's death, paying bills, and now my brother in-law and sister in-law are both dead. I'm truly in hell."

            I laid my hand on his shoulder, "It's not the end of the world."

            "It might as well be," he exclaimed.

            "Sorry, this is all my fault. I put you in a depressed mood," guit over took me.

            "No, you didn't. It's been three years since Mercedes died. Maybe it's time to move on?"

            I thought a moment. Could I really give advice for something like this? I mean, I've never dealt with anything like this before.

            "What do you honestly think of all this?" he asked catching me off guard.

            "I just don't wanna say the wrong thing."

            "No, it's fine. I want your honest opinion," he smiled.

            I hesitated, "Maybe it is time."

            Michael looked off into the distance, "Yeah, but who would want to date me?"

            "I could think of at least one person in the world," I smiled.

            After a few seconds, he realized what I meant and smiled.

            He put his arm around my shoulders, "I didn't catch your name."

            "Rosalind," I replied taking in the moment.



© 2013 Pam


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on July 3, 2013
Last Updated on July 3, 2013
Tags: Rosalind, James, Richard


Author

Pam
Pam

NJ



About
Heyy. I'm seventeen and have been writing for most of my life. I'm also interested in Art and Computers. more..

Writing
Open Windows Open Windows

A Poem by Pam


Royalty with Fame Royalty with Fame

A Story by Pam