Enchanted

Enchanted

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor
"

"Enchanted to meet you, Ms. Van Dyke.” She hugged her shoulders, suddenly cold. "Enchanted to meet you too."

"

His gaze burned holes through her head. Damn. She knew someone had been hired to kill her, or to “take her out” as the professionals in this line of work say. She just didn’t know they were arriving during a job.

 Setting her glass on the nearest tray, she slinked through the crowd. She needed to move and move quickly. A hint of blurred black caught her eye and she cursed silently under her breath. He was following her. Fingering the gun in her pocket, she broke into a jog toward the elevator.

He was still hot on her trail. She began to run, throwing herself into the empty elevator when it slid open, pressing the button to the fifth floor. There was a moment of intense silence when she readied herself, drawing her gun…and then the elevator doors rolled close. She breathed a sigh of relief and kicked off her 6-inch heels, stepping out of her one-piece blue dress, revealing the black body suit that allowed more space for movement.

Then the elevator dinged, and the doors opened�"at the wrong floor. And suddenly, he was before her once more. She reached for her gun but found that it was not there. She flushed as he stepped into the elevator. They were moving upward again.

“You know, I’m surprised you’ve made it this far,” he remarked casually, as if it was the most natural thing to say to someone he was about to kill, “Most people I’m hired to assassinate don’t last this long.” His voice was a rich, melodic, pleasant baritone, and his tone was warmer than she imagined it would be.

She inhaled sharply, steeling herself, and regarded him with a calculating, steely gaze. “Just shoot me now. You won’t get anything out of me.”

“But you’re already telling me something,” he said, a boyish smirk tugging at the corner of his lips, “You’re telling me you’re afraid to die.” He stepped closer to her, arm outstretched. She flinched at the gesture, but all he did was smooth a stray lock of her auburn hair behind her ear. Butterflies filled her stomach and she flushed an even deeper shade of red.

He stepped back with an infuriating smirk.

“I admire your spirit,” he said, “If you’re ever out of work�"come by. I’m sure the agency would love to have you.” Just then the elevator doors opened once more, and he stepped out, but not before tipping an imaginary hat at her.

“Enchanted to meet you, Ms. Van Dyke.”

Just like that, he was gone just as quickly as he came and suddenly she was left alone once more, left alone with a decision. There would be no more interruption tonight, she knew.

 She hugged her shoulders, suddenly cold.

“Enchanted to meet you too.”



© 2012 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
I have NOT disappeared off the face of this planet, contrary to popular relief. I'm just blocked. Extremely blocked. Anywhos, this is just a little something to remind people that I'm still alive. Yep. I am. Hehe.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing