Frozen Follow-Up

Frozen Follow-Up

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

         “Prince Arthur is your brother.”

 

            Those words hit me hard. Liar, liar, liar.

 

            I spun around on my heels, not believing Merlin would say something so terrible. “If this is some cruel joke of yours,” my voice had a metallic edge to it, and Merlin flinched as if I was the powerful wizard, and he the scrawny, young girl, “It’s not very funny. Come, now, Merlin. Do not jest with me.”

 

            “I tell nothing but the truth,” He replied quietly, a strange, sorry look on his face as he stared down at the marble floor, “Arthur�"�

 

            “Liar!” I screamed at him, stumbling backwards, tears welling up in my eyes, “Take that back. Take it back! How can you say things like that? I thought you were my friend!”

 

            “I am your friend!” He protested fiercely, “And I’m trying to protect you. Has Arthur ever told you he loved you? Has he ever kissed you or held you? No. He was told to keep away from you, because you are Queen Igraine’s daughter!”

 

            “How can you tell such terrible lies about your friends?” I was back against the wall now, “Why?”

 

            “Why would I lie, Morgana?” He demanded, drawing a silver chain from his neck. The pendant hung upon the chain, the silver and blue still intact and glowing. “Why would I lie when you would know I was lying?”

 

            I looked away. This couldn’t be true. It can’t be true.

 

            “Because you’re jealous,” I found myself saying nevertheless, the monster of anger inside me triumphant, “But it’s not your business anyway, who I love.”

 

            He stiffened at my words, and there was an inhuman gleam in his mauve eyes that seemed to pierce my soul.

 

            “You are right, my lady,” He bowed curtly, his voice cold enough to freeze a flaming torch, “I should not interfere with your matters. Forgive me. Good night.”

 

            And then he spun around on his heel and left.

 

            The tears that had gathered spilled from my eyes, running down my cheeks like rivers of salt. I sank to the floor, my back against the wall. I had never felt more cold and alone.

 

           

 

 

 

           

 

           

 



© 2012 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
Follow-up to Frozen, as I stated in the title. :D I've always planned that frozen was a retelling of sorts, of the Arthurian legends. With Morgana le Faye as the main character. Teehee. And she likes Arthur because she doesn't know he's her half-brother. So here's a heated argument between Merlin and Morgana!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
Added on May 25, 2012
Last Updated on May 25, 2012


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing