Back From the Palace

Back From the Palace

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

 "If you say one more word," Isla threatened, taking her bonnet off her head and flinging it aside onto the sofa viciously, "I will do something so horrible to you that when I'm through with you you will be dead as a doornail."  She glared at him. The doorman swallowed and looked meekly at his shoes, edging aside. Elinore's face was completely wet with tears now, her eyes puffy, her nose tinged with red. Her hair, so carefully and neatly arranged this morning, was now a storm around her face. Isla patted her friends shoulder and handed her another handkerchief as the one she was holding was already a wet, soggy ball. 

 "Oh, dear! Back so early, Miss? What is wrong?" Francesca, the maid, gasped as she sat Elinore down in the most comfortable chair by the fire, "Why is Elinore crying?"

 "Apparently, our dear old prince decided he liked Nicolette better," Isla replied drily, "And he said so. To Elinore's face." She dropped down on the carpet in front of the fire, kicked off her shoes and rubbed her sore feet, wriggling her toes. She was tired. Exhausted. She had been walking around the palace all morning, searching for the prince, and when she finally found him he made Elinore cry. Oh, that arrogant, self-centered pig! If it wasn't for Elinore, she would've slapped him. 

 "I'm not going to the ball tonight," Elinore interrupted Isla's thoughts with her meek, frail voice, "I don't see any point in it. Besides, Madame won't allow it." She looked down at her hands and wiped a tear from her cheek with the handkerchief.
 

"But you have to!" Francesca gasped, "It's your lifelong dream to dance with the prince, isn't it? Besides, it's a masquerade. Madame wouldn't know it's you. No one would!"

 "And if she did realize it was you," Isla chimed in, "I'll just say I brought you along. She can't have anything to say to that."

 Elinore found herself smiling at her friends' insistance. "Alright, I suppose. It can't hurt worse than it did."
 

"That's the way to think of it!" Francesca cried cheerfully and tugged on the bell pull, "Now, we'll ring for tea, and after that, we can finish altering that dress for you. Oh, you just wait till you see it!" she giggled and clapped her hands gleefully, "You'll look magneficent."



© 2011 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
Scene 1! What do you think? Interesting enough to make a story? Or terribly cliched?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
NOOOOOOO! WHY? WHY? I WANTED TO HEAR ABOUT THE MASQUERADE BALL! T-T this was still awesome like a movie uh! i see a production coming up! :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Excellent. I like the lighthearted feel, nice creating. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


really good like with all your stuff you have me hooked

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 4, 2011
Last Updated on December 4, 2011


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..