Poisoned

Poisoned

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

 

I cradled my head with my hands, my heart hammering unusually fast. Tears leaked from the corners of my eyes, and I didn't know if I was actually crying, or if the poison flowing through my veins was acting up. “How could you?” my voice was strangled, and I was barely able to choke out coherent words, “Why did you do this to me?”


“What did I do?” Matt demanded, “What?”


I tried to speak. My head was spinning, and my knees gave out underneath me. Matt caught me in his arms before I could fall and laid me gently on the floor, resting my head against his knee. I was too weak to move, but I wasn't ready to give up yet.


“...Poison...” I choked out, “...Why...did...you...p-poison...m-me?”


He looked confused. “What are you talking about? I didn't do anything to you!”


But I couldn't find the strength to speak again. It was getting harder to breathe. My breath came out in short gasps. I was dying, I am sure. There was no air in my lungs and I struggled, painfully and to no avail, to inhale. My vision was blurring, and in a haze I reached up frantically, desperately flailing. Frizzy black blots appeared in my sight, blocking all view of the world. I tried once more, to breathe, and failed. The blots rose up into dark, frizzy waves and raced toward me, covering the world in a deep, heavy ebony.


“Catherine?” Blue eyes stared down at me, its owner's handsome features etched with worry. His soft, gentle voice soothed me. I was weary, and I wanted to stay safe in his arms and sleep forever. No! I forced myself to continue to fight as the frizzy waves began to roll over me. I struggled a minute longer... and then the waves engulfed me. My head lolled back.


I sank into blissful darkness.



© 2012 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
Yet another scene. This one is very short though. :D R&R and I hope you like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well if you did make this into a full story I would love to read it. I loved that last line, it cut it off really nicely. I enjoyed how you described the poison overtaking them as well, instead of just ending it quickly.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing