Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor

Chrysanthemum fell back and so did the dark figure at the doorway. At least I didn’t scream when the two collided. I rushed forward, bending over them both, worried. Chrysanthemum lay flat on her back, moaning while the figure leaned against the doorframe.

 

“Chrysanthemum, are you alright?” she groaned in response.

 

“Ow…” The person at the doorway muttered.

 

“I think I’m alright now…although I am a little dizzy. I’m fine. I just need a few moments. Why don’t you go help that person up? I can manage by myself.” She tried to help herself up but failed miserably, sitting back down with a thump.

 

I raised an eyebrow high. She rolled her eyes and gave me a push.

 

I walked over to the person, reluctantly leaving Chrysanthemum on the floor. I extended my hand.

 

            “Are you okay?”  

 

            The boy (just found out that he was one) took my hand and helped himself up. He looked about our age, with gleaming dark eyes that makes their owner seem up to some mischief.

 

            “Yeah, I’m fine,” He smiled very wide and stumbled a little, but caught himself.

 

            “Sorry about that,” Chrysanthemum mumbled, sitting up on the floor now, looking at her feet, rubbing her forehead, blushing furiously, “I’m so clumsy.”

 

I giggled. “Her head is hard. Be glad you aren’t passed out. She slammed into me last time. It hurt.”

 

            He laughed, glancing at us both in turn. “So, what are your names?”

 

“I’m Chrysanthemum.”

 

“Ah,” he muttered, extending a hand to her, “the one with the hard head,” and smirked when Chrysanthemum turned beet red all over again, grabbing his hand, pulling herself up with his help.

 

            “I’m Mayflower.” I introduced myself.

 

            He grinned, “I’m Kyo. Nice to meet you,” he swept us an impressive bow that even a strict courtier would approve of, “Although not exactly in the way I would’ve wanted to meet anyone…And no. I am not cooperative at all like my name indicates.”

 

            Chrysanthemum smiled shyly as she withdrew her hand. “Hi, Kyo.”

 

            “Kyo!” Aiko called from upstairs, “Are you inside? Go pack your bags! We’re traveling tomorrow.”

 

            “Alright, Ma!” He yelled back. And then, flashing us a smile, he said, “Excuse me, ladies,” and turned to leave.

 

            I glanced at Chrysanthemum.

 

            “Come on, Girls, tea’s ready,” we could both hear Wen-Ling’s voice from the kitchen.

 

            “Come on, let’s go,” Chrysanthemum said and hurried off towards the kitchen.

 

            I stared after her. Then, with a shrug, I followed her into the kitchen.

 

            Everyone was there. Aiko sat in one of the chairs, staring down at her steaming cup of tea. Wen-Ling was near the stove, the kettle in her hand as she bustled about, pouring tea into the cups. Kyo sat by his mother, throwing things into his satchel, glancing up occasionally at the people in the room expectantly.

 

            I sat down in one of the chairs and stared into a cup of tea. The steam curled up from the wooden cup, and heat stung my eyes. We sipped in silence for five, long minutes.

 

            And then there was a huge thunk and a screeching sound as a chair was pushed back. I flinched at the sharp noise.

 

            “No one is telling me anything!” Kyo said dramatically, spreading his arms wide into the air. Aiko groaned. I giggled. The expression on both Aiko and Kyo’s faces were too funny to resist.  

 

            “So,” he declared, an air of importance about his voice as he stood up to walk over to the door, “I shall not budge until you tell me what is going on and you shall not pass!”

 

            Chrysanthemum giggled. “Are you going to stand there all night?”

 

            Kyo colored for a moment or two as he considered for a moment. “Er…yes!”

 

            Aiko rolled her eyes, “Fine. Stand there all you want. I’m not telling you even if I have to tear down the whole house to get you to move.”

 

            “Oh, really, Mother, I’m hurt,” Kyo muttered grimly as he walked from his post at the door back to the kitchen table and sat himself in the chair farthest from his mother.

 

            “Aiko,” Wen-Ling’s voice was calm, “I think the boy has a right to know.”

 

            Immediately, Kyo’s head snapped up and he grinned, looking very pleased with himself.

 

            Aiko rolled her eyes again. “Alright, alright, Wen-Ling. I know. It’s probably for the best.”

 

            “Come with me, Kyo,” Wen-Ling said, “I think the mood will be grimmer if I told the tale here,” she glanced around the room at our wary faces, “and I suppose it is grim enough as it already is.”

 

            She led him away.

 

            The tension didn’t decrease one bit.

 

            The night passed away in silence.



© 2011 Rose of Gondor


Author's Note

Rose of Gondor
This is one especially short chapter....Oh well. I will make fifty pages in the next chpater!!!!! I FEEL HAPPY!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

great as usual

Posted 12 Years Ago


I read this whole book in one day and I love it! I now have to wait for the next chapter but at least I got to read this! Great Job! And Kyo is funny. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This chapter made me laugh and I love Kyo so much! He's so dramatic!!!
As always Dark Rose you leave the reader on just enough of an edge to not be annoyed waiting for the next chapter and not to less of an edge that would make the reader want to read more.
Loved it so much and do your best! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011


Author

Rose of Gondor
Rose of Gondor

NCC-1701 U.S.S. Enterprise, Antarctica



About
Previously known as Phantom Rose. Hi guys! I figured I should change my profile now that it's been a bit. Anyway. I'm an Asian girl with a lot of interests in various forms of art performing, v.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 11 Chapter 11

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 12 Chapter 12

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor


Chapter 14 Chapter 14

A Chapter by Rose of Gondor