Chapter 9: Dad...

Chapter 9: Dad...

A Chapter by Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)
"

Christian

"

 

I felt a soft touch on my shoulder. “Hey kiddo how was school today?” I released a big bright smile, “good daddy, just happy to be home.” “See son, I told you first grade wouldn’t be so bad,” “I think you shouldn’t start school till you’re a 100 years old like you dad!” “Hey, I resent that kiddo.” We both started laughing. 
A tear emerged from my eye as it started to open. My body was completely sore; it was too hard to get up. I felt something heavy on my forehead, it was wet, but I didn’t budge to take it off. My sleeves were rolled up; my sweater was covered in mud. More tears emerged.
I was ten now, “hey kiddo, open your present! I’m kind of excited myself to see your reaction.” I sighed; it was probably a GI Joe action figure. I wasn’t much into that kind of stuff. I started to open the silver shinny paper. It was in a box, I ripped the tape off fast. When I lifted the box top I jumped out in excitement. Boys like Girls, my favorite band; they got me a sweater of them. I was so happy I rushed to my dad and gave him a big hug. My mom saying, “hunny is that protesting against homosexuals?” My dad started laughing saying, “I don’t know babe, I don’t listen to that kind of music.” My dad was more into Van Halen and Don Henley. I whispered to myself, “homosexual?” 
I finally gathered up enough strength to raise my arm over my face. I saw a paper towel fall off of my cuts. I was too buried in sorrow right now to wonder who tried to care for me. I put down my sleeve to only sob in it. “Daddy,” I whispered between tears, “I love you, I’m sorry, please don’t hate me.” I started to cry more, and then even harder.
“Daddy, what is homo sexual?” My dad, who was drinking a beer, chocked on it. “Well if you ask me, they are just a bunch of misunderstood people.” “I think I’m misunderstood, am I a homosexual?” “That’s not the point kid, just don’t worry about it right now, let’s play that rock band you and your mom got me for my birthday.” “Dad, dad, did you know it has Dreams by Van Halen?!” “What!? Really?” Then my dad lifted me on his shoulder, “let’s go tackle that song, what do you say?” “Ok old man.” “Hey, that’s not nice,” he started to laugh, “but wouldn’t that give me the upper hand youngster?” I glared at him with a smile.
I reached out, my hand in the air, “help me dad…” no response, my dad is dead, and he can’t help me now. And why should he? I can’t even prove to him that I love him; I ruined the sweater he gave me. Right now, I just want a hug from my dad, that’s it, “please dad, help me.”
“No mom! I’m going to wear my sweater!” “Please Chris, don’t do this now, its proper to wear black out of respect.” “Out of respect? For whom, the church; my daddy would want me to wear my sweater. He loves me mommy, please tell him to come back.” I started to cry as my mom’s knee’s dropped to the floor and comforted me. Then I felt my shoulder get wet, it hit me, she was crying too. “Ok Christian, go ahead, wear it.”
All of a sudden pain didn’t matter, I forced myself up, I felt blood leak from my sides. I continued ignoring it. More paper towels fell off of my body. My lucked sucked; supposedly I have good luck surrounding me. My grandma said that having a purple eye should be seen as a gift and should be cherished. “It will bring others good fortune, and give them what they desire, but only if my heart and eye are in synch.” My grandma was always so sweet, but her philosophy’s were so hard to understand, and frankly unrealistic.
I took a couple of heavy breaths, and then started limping in the direction of the nurse’s office. Then I felt someone grab my arm. This broke my thoughts and the pain overwhelmed me, I yelped. It was Lynn, “George was just talking about what he did to you, but I didn’t believe him. Are you ok Christian?” I gave her a false smile and lied to her, “yeah, it’s just me after all, so don’t worry.”    Lynn frowned and said, “damn it, stop being so emo dude.” I gave another fake smile and said, “emo, I thought there was no such thing?” I then gave her a wink as she said seriously, “it doesn’t, but you do.” I looked down and sighed.
I decided to change the subject, “what are you doing out of class?” “Well at last period I always take a bathroom break, you know that, last year when we had a class right next to each other we would get out at the same time and roam the halls for awhile.” “Oh s**t, last period? How long have I been knocked out? And how the hell does nobody see an unconscious body?” “From the tone in your voice I can tell you’ve been knocked out for a good while now. What did he do to you, don’t be afraid just tell me.” I responded with an angry tone, “you really think George did this? It was that dumb looking tall kid with the curly hair!” “You mean Kevin? That explains it.”
Lynn provided me her shoulder and helped me to class; I guess I still needed to go, before I even got in more trouble. I could of sworn, as soon as I opened the door to my class my teacher said, “Christian Taylor, report to the principal’s office now.” I sighed and turned around, and then I fell. My body was aching more, and Amy ran to me and helped me up. “Hey teach, I think I better help him to the office.” The whole class stared at me with a confusing look. Then the teacher came to my side, “are you ok Christian, maybe you should take him to the nurse afterwards Amy?” “I will do that Miss.”
Déjàvu hit me as Amy gave me her shoulder. We both slowly walked outta class, back out into the school yard. She asked, “what happened duder?” I told her bluntly, “George got pissed about yesterday and sent his lackeys to kick my a*s.” “What the f**k dude, that f*g is going to pay for this.” I sighed and said, “it’s cool man, it’s my problem.” Then she responded with a smirk, “if others jump into the fight, then I am, and you can’t change that buddy.” “Listen Amy, this isn’t The Outsiders. Let’s just act like if this didn’t even happen. That will erase that smug off of his face.” Amy gritted her teeth.


© 2009 Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)


Author's Note

Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)
again, ignore grammar. what do you think of the story so far? who is your favorite character now a days? haha

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow!!

Awesome dude you where so right about me loving it! Awe i love his dad! But what happened to him?
You haven't explained it huh?

Any who i think your grammer has gotten a hell of alot better dude liek for reals. And when i say this k now i is not not lying but when i read it it almost felt like i was reading like a book. i was able to picture everything pretty clearly. :]

Oh and my favorite character is the dad lol jk it would be if i knew more but i still like Isac :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow!!

Awesome dude you where so right about me loving it! Awe i love his dad! But what happened to him?
You haven't explained it huh?

Any who i think your grammer has gotten a hell of alot better dude liek for reals. And when i say this k now i is not not lying but when i read it it almost felt like i was reading like a book. i was able to picture everything pretty clearly. :]

Oh and my favorite character is the dad lol jk it would be if i knew more but i still like Isac :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 7, 2009


Author

Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)
Saosinkid (Death whispers 2 me)

Douglas, AZ



About
im just that one "emo" kid in the small cuntarded town of Douglas, Arizona. I like to be different, you dont like me, i dont care. "Oh, you're back to me and the hunger returns, i told myself i was .. more..

Writing