Time Traveler

Time Traveler

A Chapter by ShaunMosley

Jeremiah didn't feel like flying to Kansas City after his meeting with Lake; his mind was on Jade.  Instead he stopped in Silver Spring Maryland on the way back from Alexandria and bought a ticket for the bullet train.  Jeremiah stood at a distance from  The train ride to Kansas City was six hours from Silver Spring Station. He attempted to relax into the plush black leather of his first class seat and ordered a drink from the digital menu displayed on the armchair.  It had been more than 24 hours since she was taken he realized checking his watch.  It was 8:15 and he would arrive in Kansas City a little after 1:00am; gaining an hour between the time zones.  For the first time in his life he was afraid, not for himself but for Jade.  She had to be okay.   To his disdain he had to admit that Lake was right, maybe he was more than just attracted to her.  
    Jeremiah had known Jade since they were both six years old and it had taken him twelve years to realize or admit to himself that he was in love with her.  Maybe he had known it subconsciously and just never succumbed to the idea over fear of being rejected.  Whatever the reason that held his courage ransom denying it was useless; Jeremiah was in love with her. Not the flaming, white hot lust of youth that rages and then burns out quickly, this love had developed over years of getting to know her without the element of physicality.  The thought of her being mistreated and abused by some lunatic henchmen infuriated him.  It was this fury that subdued his tears.  He closed his eyes and sighed at this revelation.  It had been more than twenty-four hours since he had last slept and the deprivation was taking its toll.  Finishing his drink, he adjusted his seat and tilted his head back on the cushion; he was out like a light.  
    Jeremiah was in a dream again.  Except this time Jade was in it also.  What is going on he asked himself?   He watched as Jade mounted a cinnamon colored horse, the infamous Ginger if his memory was correct, and rode off down a trail that wound out of the main yard and disappeared into the woods.  The dream was alive and he could feel its pulse through the vividness of his senses.  He could hear the sound of the horses hooves pounding the ground,  and the morning air was moist and rich with the scent of firs and wet moss.  He could feel the raw power of the animal thundering at magnificent speed like he was sitting behind her.  He understood why she had talked so passionately about riding now.  It was exhilarating.
    A sudden realization gripped Jeremiah in a vise of fear and hopefulness;  during the press conference Mr. Stone had said Jade had been riding a horse when she was kidnapped.  Was he actually witnessing the event taking place?  Impossible he thought to himself.  It was just his subconscious mind manifesting his most recent thoughts in the dream wasn't it?  Confused, he committed his attention back on Jade when he saw it.  Six men garbed in some type of disguise descended from the trees into the path directly in front of Ms. Stone.  They were carrying guns, and he could make out bits of the conversation that had begun between Jade and the cloaked figures.  He watched Jade desperately try to turn the horse around when one, two, three,... eight more figures blocked the pathway back to her home.  Impossible he whispered to himself.  He was actually witnessing her being kidnapped.  He tried to scream for her to run but his efforts bore no fruit.  He watched in terror as she moved boldly towards her captors.    
   When Jeremiah woke up he was short of breath and his body was trembling, his hands involuntarily gripping the soft leather arms of his seat. He glanced at his watch, " That's impossible" He remarked under is breath, and then looked around to see if any of the other passengers were aware of his odd behavior. Feeling somewhat paranoid he browsed the train car again when he noticed the woman sitting directly across the aisle from him was wearing a watch.  
Desperate to confirm his suspicion he asked,
"Excuse me Miss, do you happen to know the time?"
The elder woman glanced over at Jeremiah and frowned noticing his watch.  He quickly explained that his watch had only recently stopped working and he believed that the battery had stopped; he lied.   She briefly hesitated before looking  down at her own wrist-  the small round watch with diamonds encrusted around its platinum dial.
    "It is 8:15, she replied politely."
    "Thank you," said Jeremiah attempting to sound calm as panic now flooded his already trembling body.  Jeremiah shook his head in disbelief, somehow it was the exact same time as  when he had fallen asleep.  It was as though he had traveled through time.  



© 2012 ShaunMosley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012


Author

ShaunMosley
ShaunMosley

Baltimore, MD



About
I am a 33 year old small business owner. I am originally from Lexington Kentucky and currently residing in Baltimore, Maryland. I prefer reading and writing fiction, and other creative pieces. more..

Writing