Nine

Nine

A Chapter by Norma M Sutton

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Nine.



From the depths of my dreams a tickling in my ear woke me. Still half asleep I swatted at the insect. In a minute it was back. I rolled over and covered my head. The over warm air was suffocating, I uncovered my nose. Just as I was falling back into my dreams I felt then insect tickle the inside of my nose. Sitting up in irritation I reached for a tissue and blew my nose.

A small noise caught my attention and I turned towards it just in time to see Mattie duck out of the room, a long peafowl feather in one hand. Grabbing my pillow, I threw it with a vengeance and caught him squarely in the back. Ten years of such behavior should have put me on guard, but not my brightest when waking, it never does. At seventeen I would have expected Mattie to have outgrown his teasing behavior . . . yeah right . . . and donkey's fly.

Yawning I tumbled from bed, stretching when my feet touched the floor. My reflection in the mirror brought a giggle, dark brown hair strung wildly around my face, a tangled rat's nest of a knot on one side over my ear. I definitely needed to take care of that. A sharp shake of my head cleared the sleepy fog from my eyes and I reached for the brush and started working on that unsightly rat's nest. When the last lock was neat and tidy I made my way down the hall to shower.



© 2010 Norma M Sutton


Author's Note

Norma M Sutton
The start of Chapter 9. It isn't flowing in the manner I would like. There will be some major changes and additions before the first write is ready.



Reviews

while it was still a good write...yes, it is a bit short.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


A little rough around the edges, but still good. I would come back and expand on this a little. Add a memory or two.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the ending. I feel you ended too quickly. A few tales of youth and problems could make the story complete. You are a outstanding writer. Story was well written and told a sad story with a happy ending. Thank you.
Coyote

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 2, 2010


Author

Norma M Sutton
Norma M Sutton

Bostic, NC



About
Norma Moore Sutton has written and published two children's books: The First Lamb and Harry Goes To The Fair She has written and published the first book in the Haunting Memories Series: Matthe.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Battling Burma Battling Burma

A Poem by Bubo