Chapter Three - The Girl Who Lived

Chapter Three - The Girl Who Lived

A Chapter by Taylor Ann

Grayson

 

      I waited at the park leaning up against a lamp post. The night was cold, yet held a warm breeze as I stood there.

      Suddenly I heard a car door shut. I glanced up to see a small silhouette standing in the shadows. I straightened up. The figure started walking towards me when she stepped underneath the street light. My heart lurched. She wore a short floral dress and a leather jacket while wisps of brown hair cascaded across her cheek. Her ruby lips tilted up giving me a soft smile.

      I walked over to her with a grin. She was so beautiful. I couldn’t get over it.

      “Hey,” she smiled, giving a gentle wave.

       “Glad you could make it.” I took another step closer to her.

      She winked, “Well if I missed it then you would end up failing your assignment. And I couldn’t let my partner fail, especially with the talent and potential he has.”

      The compliment burned in my chest. My smile expanded, “Thank you.” There was a moment of awkward silence before I motioned towards the fountain sitting in the center of the park. “Follow me?”

      We walked through the damp grass as we came up to the large fountain. Skylar glanced over at me, “What are we doing here?” She asked.

      I reached down untying my shoes. Her forehead creased in confusion. I smiled up at her pulling my shoes off, “We are going into the fountain.”

      Her eyes widened, “In the fountain? Is that legal?”

      I chuckled tucking my socks into my shoes, “I haven’t gotten arrested yet,” I laughed, “So I’m pretty sure we won’t get in trouble.”

      Yet?” Her voice squeaked. She hesitated before pulling off her boots. I smiled seeing her socks covered in hedgehogs. She blushed, “Don’t judge me,” she giggled, “Hedgehogs are my favorite animal.”

      I chuckled, holding my hands up, “Nothing wrong with that.”

      We set our shoes on the pavement as we both sat on the fountains ledge, dipping our feet into the water. The water was freezing, numbing my toes. Sky started shivering, “This is freezing,” she squealed.

      I laughed, “It’s always cold at first, but you get used to it.”

      “Yeah,” she giggled, “That’s only because your feet are numb.”

      I chuckled, “Yeah, that’s mostly the reason.”

      We both looked to the top of the fountain where clay children were frozen mid dance. There was another moment of silence before Skylar spoke.

      “It’s so relaxing here,” she whispered.

      I smiled. “I know. It’s the perfect picture as well. I’ve come here many times, sketching the fountain, and some of the people around it.”

      She looked over at me. “I’d love to see your drawings sometime.”

      I grinned, “I have one of a lady sitting on the ledge, and she’s throwing crumbs of bread to the birds.” I imagined the drawings as my smile grew, “And another one with two children splashing in the water.”

      Skylar looked down at the shimmering water, our faces reflected in the light. “You’re very talented.” She smiled. “Your drawings are so beautiful. That drawing of me today, it was flawless.”

      “Well you are flawless,” I told her.

      She smiled shaking her head, “Trust me, I have my flaws.”

      I shrugged looking at her perfect complexion, and the way her eyes sparkled under the street lamps. “I don’t see them,” I whispered.

      Her gaze locked with mine. That’s when I found myself leaning in. I could feel her breath on my lips as my hand lightly rested on top of hers. Her fingers were ice cold as they intertwined with mine. That’s when her lips pushed against mine. I dissolved in the moment.

      Her lips were smooth as my mouth caressed them. Everything in my mind cleared as she slowly pulled away. I opened my eyes as the tips of our noses brushed against each others. Her swirling emerald eyes gazed back.

      “You’re so beautiful,” I whispered.

      She blushed, “Thank you.”



© 2012 Taylor Ann


Author's Note

Taylor Ann
I got butterflies writing this chapter. Hope you loved it!
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I just finished reading this chapter and I have to say my favorite line is:
I walked over to her with a grin. She was so beautiful. I couldn’t get over it.
I got goosebumps! And that takes a lot for someone to give me goosebumps!
Great job! I love it so far!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)



Reviews

This story makes me wish I could paint. Once again, very cute.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I just finished reading this chapter and I have to say my favorite line is:
I walked over to her with a grin. She was so beautiful. I couldn’t get over it.
I got goosebumps! And that takes a lot for someone to give me goosebumps!
Great job! I love it so far!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
I can't even begin to express my love for this chapter! It is so adorable! So romantic! Grayson seems like the nicest guy every! Skylar is very lucky! Love it!
Keep me updated :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Happiness! Great details! My one critique is the way they talk, it sounds too planned, too formal almost, but its cute at the same time. Just maybe make the dialogue more casual?
Great chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

I revised and editted it a bit. I hope its more casual. Thanks for the advice :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 12, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012


Author

Taylor Ann
Taylor Ann

Where I Can Be Me, WI



About
You are beautiful, just the way you are more..

Writing
Stranger Stranger

A Poem by Taylor Ann


Stage. Stage.

A Poem by Taylor Ann