Chapter Four - The Girl Who Lived

Chapter Four - The Girl Who Lived

A Chapter by Taylor Ann

Skylar

 

      “Where are we going?” I giggled as Grayson pulled me down the hallways. His hand was warm as our fingers wrapped around each others. He stopped at the art room giving me a big grin. “School ended an hour ago,” I pointed out, “Why are we here?”

      He didn’t answer as he swung the door open. I followed him inside as he pulled out a CD from his pocket. He walked over to the CD player and popped it in. One Direction started playing as I laughed. “My favorite band,” I smirked.

      He nodded bringing me over to the easels. Paints were spread out along the table as two canvases were propped against the wood. I smirked seeing my caricature sketch on one of them. The other held a drawing of me, causing my jaw to drop. It was more than perfect. I couldn’t put the picture into words. “Wow,” I whispered. I was speechless.

      Grayson smiled, “Glad you like it.”

      I looked at him, “Like it? Gray, I love it!”

      He chuckled.

      “So why are we here?” I asked.

      He cleared his throat. “Well, paintings are due tomorrow, and I wanted to paint mine with you. So I talked to Mr. Calahan, and he said we could come in and paint after school.” He smiled, “So I took out the paints, set up our assignments and got us some beats.”

      I smiled, “Let’s get to it then.”

      We grabbed the brushes and poured out some pain and mixed certain colors. We got straight to work. We would often glance at each other, evaluating what colors to use, and just to look at each other’s eyes. I found myself humming along to the song 'What Makes You Beautiful' as I dipped my brush into the blue paint.

      Grayson looked up from his painting, which had a mixture of greens behind my body. “You’re a really good singer,” he commented.

      I glanced over at him, “Not really,” I laughed, “I’m just humming.”

      He smirked, “Well I think you sound superb.”

      I giggled. “Can you sing?”

      His eyes widened, “Are you trying to kill yourself? If I sing you’ll die a terrible death just listening to me.”

      I set my brush down, “I’m sure it’ll bring me to life.”

      “I doubt that,” he chuckled.

      I leaned against my stool, “Sing,” I told him.

      Grayson shook his head, “You really don’t want me too.”

      “Oh trust me,” I raised my eyebrow, “I do.”

      “Well I’m not going to,” he folded his arms playfully.

      “Sing.”

      “No.”

      “Do it,” I laughed.

      “No.”

      “Please?”

      “No.”

      I creased my forehead. “Sing,” I demanded.

      The letter N formed on his lips as I grabbed my brush, painting a thick blue line across his cheek. His eyes bugged as we both took in my action. Suddenly his paintbrush was against my nose, leaving a green streak on the bridge.

      I giggled dipping my brush in a random color, as he did the same. I reached forward, aiming for his chin when he got me in the forehead. We both started laughing as we went back and forth, painting on each other’s faces.

      His brush left lines and squiggles all over my face as I blindly extended my arm. The bristles ran over his skin as I opened my eyes, seeing his lips painted bright yellow. I instantly broke out in laughter. He reached for me, hooking his hand around my waist. I was pulled right in front of him as our eyes locked.

      “You just painted my lips yellow,” he laughed, his eyes boring into mine, “So now I’m going to turn yours yellow too.”

      I looked down at his brush, seeing purple drip from the tip, “But you don’t even have yellow paint on your brush. How are you going to do that?”

      His eyes shimmered. Suddenly his lips were pressed tightly against mine. He made my heart race. The music dimmed in the background as he kissed me slowly. I never wanted the moment to end. That’s when I tasted the paint on his lips, and I pulled away with a laugh, “The paint tastes terrible!” I squealed wiping it from my lips.

      Grayson laughed, “You’re the one that made them that way.”

      I gazed up at him, his breath rolling over my colorful cheeks. “You’re right,” I smiled, “I did.”



© 2012 Taylor Ann


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is the kind of story to read when you just want to smile quietly...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So cute and sweet... I'm reading all your chapters RIGHT NOW!!
Awesome work

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
This is wonderful. I am absolutely in love with this book. What did she live past? Or better yet, what is going to happen next? Please write more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

I will definitely be writing more :) Thank you for your review. As for what she lived past, that'll .. read more
Oh my god, so cute!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Wow. This is adorable! I love everything about this chapter, simply everything!
You are very talented! Wonderful story, I can't wait to read more!
Keep me updated!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much :) I will try my best.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012


Author

Taylor Ann
Taylor Ann

Where I Can Be Me, WI



About
You are beautiful, just the way you are more..

Writing
Stranger Stranger

A Poem by Taylor Ann


Stage. Stage.

A Poem by Taylor Ann