Chapter Nine - The Girl Who Lived

Chapter Nine - The Girl Who Lived

A Chapter by Taylor Ann

Grayson

 

      All of my tears were gone. They all drained out during the service.

      Everyone gave their condolences to me and her family as everyone walked out to their cars. They were headed to the graveyard, where my angel’s body would be lowered into the ground, and out of my reach.

      The church was silent as I stood beside her mother and father, just in front of the coffin. I looked down at her, pained. She was pale, with her emerald eyes out of my sight under closed eyelids. Her lips were tinted light cherry as her cheeks were rosy pink, just like they would get whenever she blushed. But it was just makeup. I wanted to see her natural blush more than anything.

      Her mother whimpered, “I don’t want to say good bye,” she gasped, reaching out for Skylar’s fingers. Her makeup was completely ruined from all of her crying, but no one judged her.

      “Then don’t,” I whispered, “Just say…see you later.” My chest hurt to talk.

      Mrs. Brown looked over at me, before throwing her arms around me. She gave me a tight embrace, breaking down in my arms. I hugged her back. Her mother smelled the same as Sky, like vanilla. And her eyes were the exact same too. It hurt to look at them.

      Skylar’s father pulled Mrs. Brown away from me after a few minutes of her sobbing on my jacket. The memories played back in my head. Skylar’s tears were on the same jacket.

      The hearse driver walked in, kissing Mrs. Brown’s hand in courtesy. “So sorry for your loss,” he said unsteadily. Deaths were never taken lightly, especially over the young. “I’ll get her closed up,” he said, reaching for the top half of the coffin.

      I stopped him before it closed. Skylar’s parents looked at me. “Could I have a minute, just with her, please?” I asked uneasily.

      Her mother’s eyes squinted, as more tears formed. “How adorable,” she squeaked, before breaking down again.

      Her father put one arm around her as he held the other out for me, “Be strong, Grayson.” I grabbed his hand shaking it. “Because that’s what Skylar would’ve wanted you to do.”

      I nodded, trying to stay strong. “You as well, Mr. Brown.”

      His eyes held sorrow, before he nodded, walking Mrs. Brown down the aisle, the hearse driver following after them. I watched the church doors shut as I was left with Skylar in the church, alone. I turned around, looking down at her motionless state.

      “Skylar,” I reached down cupping her face in my hands. Her skin was ice cold.

      My stomach flipped as tears blurred my vision. I blinked them away finding my voice, “You changed my life. You helped me. You were my guide and I was just a tourist. Without you I’m wondering the streets.”

      My jaw clenched, attempting to hold back a bucket of tears. “Even in this state, you manage to look so beautiful. I don’t know how you do it.”

      A tear fell, “Skylar, I don’t know what I’ll do without you.”

      Another tear, “Why the hell did you leave me?”

      Two more tears. “What were you thinking? It’ll kill me to not have you here beside me.”

      Four more tears fell from my eyes. “You were the only thing I cared about. And now you’re gone.”

      The thoughts in my head swam. The scene played back in my head when we were in the art room after school, working on our paintings together.

     “Baby you light up my world like nobody else,” I whispered. My voice paused, before I continued, “The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, and when you smile at the ground it ain’t hard to tell,” I caressed her cheek as I sang lightly, “You don’t know, oh, oh,” More tears fell from my eyes as my heart burned. “You don’t know you’re beautiful.”

      I wanted her to open her eyes so badly, just open her huge sea green eyes and see me.

      “Please Skylar,” my voice pleaded. “I don’t know what I’ll do if you don’t come back! I know you’re still there! Come back to me!” I gently shook her arms, but she remained the same. “God d****t, Skylar! Come back to me!” I swallowed hard. My fingers intertwined with hers. She was my everything.

      Tears blurred my vision as a sudden urge tugged at my heart. Before I knew it my lips crushed against hers. They were soft, yet cold as ice, just like her skin. I wanted to feel her lips kiss me back, to feel the warmth, but she was motionless.

      My mind fogged as I slowly pulled away, glancing down at her fragile body.  A tear slipped down my cheek. My hand gave hers one last squeeze as three words rolled from my mouth, “I love you,” I whispered. The words felt so right. “I love you so much, Skylar,” my voice was desperate, “Come back to me.”

      I waited, yet nothing happened.

      I turned around, starting to pull my fingers from hers, but suddenly they were locked. My heart raced as I glanced back at her.

      A sob escaped my mouth as I saw two emerald irises.

      “I love you too,” she whispered back.



© 2012 Taylor Ann


Author's Note

Taylor Ann
I'm very excited about this chapter! Tell me what you think!
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love it!
There's one problem though. Before your funeral you're embalmed, meanign they drain all your blood, take out your organs and sew all openings closed (including mouths and eyelids) so you should add in something saying that her parents didn't want that, so they had to do the funeral before she decayed/

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the information. I added something about it in Chapter Eight. So hopefully that clarif.. read more



Reviews

True love conquers all :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love it!
There's one problem though. Before your funeral you're embalmed, meanign they drain all your blood, take out your organs and sew all openings closed (including mouths and eyelids) so you should add in something saying that her parents didn't want that, so they had to do the funeral before she decayed/

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor Ann

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the information. I added something about it in Chapter Eight. So hopefully that clarif.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

184 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on August 16, 2012


Author

Taylor Ann
Taylor Ann

Where I Can Be Me, WI



About
You are beautiful, just the way you are more..

Writing
Stranger Stranger

A Poem by Taylor Ann


Stage. Stage.

A Poem by Taylor Ann