Chapter Six - The Girl Who Lived

Chapter Six - The Girl Who Lived

A Chapter by Taylor Ann

 Skylar

 

     The sun was setting in the sky as it swirled with yellows, oranges and pinks. I grasped Grayson’s hand pulling him through a large field. The long blades of grass tickled my ankles causing me to giggle as he laughed along with me.

      We ducked underneath a large tree and stopped on the top of a large mountain. He glanced over at me as we stood on the peak, hand in hand. A large lake that stretched out of sight lay below us, with the sunset center of the sky. I smiled giving his hand a gentle squeeze. He smirked before I let go, turning around towards the tree.

      Branches hung low as leaves rustled quietly in the soft breeze. I grabbed the lowest branch and hoisted myself up.

      “What are you doing?” Grayson asked.

      I glanced over my shoulder, pulling myself higher into the tree. “I’m climbing a tree, what does it look like I’m doing?”

      He laughed, “I don’t know. That’s why I asked.”

      I giggled, climbing one branch after the other. I got to a thick and sturdy branch as I tested the strength, before perching myself onto it. Grayson joined me shortly after, resting right beside me. We looked out at the sunset, as I leaned my head against his shoulder.

      “It’s so beautiful,” he whispered, putting his arm around me.

      I smiled, “I know.”

      “Just like you.”

      I looked up at him, my cheeks turning light pink. Grayson leaned down, his breath tangling with mine. My eyes fluttered shut as our lips locked. Around him I felt so safe, so secure. We held no secrets, and no regrets.

      He pulled away, the heat from his lips lingering on my mouth. I smiled, my blush deepening.

      We were silent, just staring out at the sky. Somehow the silence wasn’t awkward. Just feeling him beside me, and knowing he was there, spoke louder than any words. He pulled me closer to him, my head resting in the crick of his neck. I grabbed his hand, cherishing the warmth. I never wanted to lose him.



© 2012 Taylor Ann


Author's Note

Taylor Ann
Just writing this chapter made me fall in love! Hopefully you do too!
Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very cute. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
1 Review
Added on August 15, 2012
Last Updated on August 15, 2012


Author

Taylor Ann
Taylor Ann

Where I Can Be Me, WI



About
You are beautiful, just the way you are more..

Writing
Stranger Stranger

A Poem by Taylor Ann


Stage. Stage.

A Poem by Taylor Ann