Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by thalia

We arrived at the hospital. I was crying while holding Arlen's warm hands. For some reason he was crying with me tho he didn't really know me. The last thing I remember from that day is that they took me to a white room and something entered my body through a needle. I was dreaming. I saw myself wearing a white gown while running in the campus garden. I saw Ar and Coby, my crush of 10 years, standing beside each other looking at me. I liked Coby for more than 10 years. He was a really beautiful guy. He became my crush when we were 10 years in 5th grade. He was the perfect definition of an a*****e, but I still liked him like crazy. He would get a new girlfriend like every 3 months since we started 7th grade. I never told him that I liked him because I was afraid of rejection. I was afraid of becoming people's "that girl". Most importantly, my pride didn't allow me to bow down to another person and ask him for something. That was why I was slowly losing my belief of love. It seemed impossible. When I got to Coby and Ar's place, they both hugged me without saying a word. When they let me go, my whole body was covered in blood. I started screaming and crying. I was begging them to help me, but they both turned around and left me alone. Now that I think about it again, that dream was a the perfect presentation of my life. I got hurt emotionally because of them. None of them felt my pain. I endured everything by myself. They told me that I had woken up after 18 hours from the surgery. I saw mom by my side crying. I felt a pain that was much more intense that the one i felt the day before. I always say that parents are the most valuable things in the entire world. You can get them only once. Then I looked down at my chest and saw that I was covered in bandages and had two IVs attached to both of my arms. One of them
Was blood. Doctors would always tell me that my blood type was kinda rare and hard to get. It was AB-. I wondered who donated the blood. Once mom saw me open my eyes, she immediately called the doctors and my father who was waiting outside. I felt fine. After I got better, mom told me that the doctor had apparently said that I will die if I don't wake up within 10 hours. But I guess it was my fate to live all the pain that I was going to feel for the rest of my youth. After an hour or so, police came in to investigate the case. I had no idea who might have done that. I didn't have problems with anyone. In fact, I had so many friends. After they left, I started crying. I just felt empty and lonely. I needed someone to tell me that everything was going to be fine. To protect me and do all the things for me that I was ready to do for Coby. Yes I loved him more than anyone. Even though I had crush on Ar, but I still was head over heels for Coby. I was ready to leave everything for him. The rest of my family came to visit me. It was nearly 9 in the morning. My sister had my phone and she was like "here Thalia, I think you have an important call to make." I was really confused. It took me about a minute to understand who she meant. She meant Arlen. When I was in surgery the day before, Ar had told them about what had happened in detail. I was face palming myself so hard. I was honestly embarrassed. Suddenly a phone call came and everyone started to leave the room. I answered, but my voice was so hoarse and deep that I had to repeat every word at least twice. It was Ethan. He was asking if I was fine. "Thal, you have no idea what kind of hell you would threw all of us into yesterday." As if anyone cared about me. As if anyone wanted me to live. Everyone was going to forget about my existence just 1 month after my death. "I'm sorry. Don't worry about me. I'm not that lucky to just die and live outside of the nightmare I'm living now." I said as if I was joking, but I was serious about it. "Come on Thal. What kind of nightmare are you talking about when you have me. You're blessed, child. Here Thal, someone wants to talk to you." My eyes opened wider than ever. "Wait E I can-" " hey Thalia how are you." I felt my heart stop. It was him. It was Arlen. I was going crazy. "Hey. Who is this?" I tried to play clueless, but it was such a dumb idea. Just yesterday I was holding his hand and crying, and now I was trying to act like I don't know him. "It Ar. Yesterday was such a tragedy. I'm glad you're fine" " thanks Ar- len." "Here it's E. hope to see you around." Was that it?! Was he normal? What kind of conversation was that! "Wait Thal, Jess wants to talk with you" jessica was my best friend. Even though we were friends for less than a year, but she made me feel like she was my sister. She was so nice. Then basically I talked with 7 people with the same phone and my head was spinning. "Ok guys love you all byeee" "wait Thal-" I hung up on them. That day passed and I slept until 5 in the afternoon. Someone was knocking on the door. "Come in" Ethan and Arlen came in. I was so flustered. I didn't know what to do. I was a mess. Ar gave me a bouquet of my favorite flowers, Blue Moon Roses. "Ethan said that you like them" "don't worry your hair is fine." I glared at Ethan. I still couldn't move, so mom took the flowers for me. "Thanks Arlen." Mom told E to go out with her to get tea for the two guests, but I was sure she was going to question him about yesterday. "So about yesterday," Arlen sstarted to talk, "I was glad that you chose to hold my hand. I felt your pain" I was so surprised that he was talking so straightforwardly. "I'm sorry. I don't really know why I did that. Maybe it was because you were the first person I saw after I got shot." "Yeah maybe. But I'm happy we're here now". Then mom and Ethan came back.


© 2018 thalia


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on March 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 19, 2018


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia