Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by thalia
"

Thalia finds out that her precious “friend” has attempted suicide. She goes to find out what really is happening, but things don’t go as planned.

"
His whole family was there. They were all crying.
“Why are you crying? Don’t cry! Cam might think there’s something wrong. Let’s all laugh! Stop f*****g crying. Where is Cam?!!” I said these exact words to Cameron’s younger sister. I was crying too, but I wanted to be more positive than that. Yes, that’s right Cam tried to commit suicide.
“Thalia, he will..he will le..leave in an hour at most” was it that easy to say those words? I felt like I couldn’t breathe.
“Stop that!” I started shouting and crying “What are you all doing here? Go in and tell Cam that everything is fine! Doctor, tell me he is ok please. I beg you, please!” I was crying my heart out. This couldn’t be happening. Cam already had half of my whole heart. What was there to do with life without him? My most precious one.
“Thalia, get up! Thalia, you’re bleeding. Help!!!” I heard mom’s voice. Maybe she could help, maybe she could say that Cam
Was fine and this was just a sick joke.
I looked down at my chest, it was indeed bleeding.
“Doctor, HEL...”
That was all that I heard. The next thing that happened was another dream. I was wearing a wedding dress and there were two guys wearing tuxedo, but their faces were blurry. As expected, I was running towards them. They were standing in their places. I was the only one trying hard to reach them. I looked down and my dress was turning red.
“Goodbye Thalia. This is your last. We will finally get rid of you” one of the guys was already beside me.
“No no this can’t be happening. I’m getting married. Please, help me clean this. Help. Help.”
HELP!!
I woke up to my own screaming.
“Thalia, honey are you ok? It was just a nightmare”
“So Cam is not dying. Help me please” that was actually the first thing that came to my mind.
“Honey, relax. You can’t be forcing yourself”
“Mom, please! I’m begging you. Just tell me he is fine. It’s ok to lie. Just say he is fine.”
I was now tired of everything. Crying, speaking, worrying, and even living.
“He is fine. He might be sleeping”
I was trying to convince myself to think that mom was telling the truth when it was obvious as daylight that she was lying.
“He is fine. He is just sleeping. That sleeping beauty hahaha. He is living. He might even be playing on his phone. His birthday is coming up so he should relax. I’m going to prepare the best surprise present for him” i was tired of talking. I kept encouraging myself. I felt stupid. No he wasn’t fine. No he wasn’t sleeping. He was dying and i should be going to see him. I should tell him everything. I should tell him that even if I date someone else, I will still be loving him.
Who am kidding. None of us is going to live.
“Mom, help me go and visit Cam”
“No Thal i will do anything except that, so sit sti-“
“Mom, I swear to God, i will rip off all these things attached to me. I swear I will make you all regret” I couldn’t believe i was saying those words to mom.
“Alright, alright. I will ask the doctor”
“Make it quick”
Mom went out and after a minute or two? Dr. Markus came in.
“Rise and shine. Are you ready to go?” Why was he so excited? Did he know where I was going?
“Why are you coming? I will go by myself”
“Excuse me? Either I’m coming or no one is leaving this room” He was starting to annoy me, but for Cam’s sake, I didn’t want to argue with him.
We went into the elevator and pressed number 5. Again, everyone was there, but they were all looking gloomy like a winter day. To me, except summer every other day looked gloomy. No one ran to me. No one laughed. No one said it was a prank. Everything was real. The bitter reality hit me once again and I started crying again.
“Thalia” his mom called me from the other side of the hallway.
“Where is he?”
I was whispering, but I thought I was speaking so loudly.
Dr. Markus held my hand and led me
To a glass window. There he was. He was sleeping. It was Cameron. My greatest Cameron.
“He looks so peaceful” that was his mom’s words when she saw his son laying waiting for death to take him on his last journey.
“I promise you, I will follow him wherever he goes. Even if it’s seventh heaven. Cam, wait for me, let’s leave together”
I totally forgot his mom was standing beside me. She probably thought I was going mad. I mean who talks about someone’s death in front of his mother?
At this point I was sure Cam was going to leave like how her sister expected.
I went back to my room like a lifeless body.
What was happening? Coby left. Cam was leaving for good. And Arlen was nowhere to be seen.
“Help, you’re my last hope” I whispered through my phone. It was already 9pm.
“What’s happening?” A cold voice said from the other side of the line almost mocking me.
“Everything is wrong. I can’t take it anymore, Ar. You were supposed to love me. You were supposed to ignore my s****y personality and love me for my miserable soul”
“Thalia, just sleep. Let’s talk tomorrow” was that really Arlen? It was the first time, in the last 2 weeks of knowing him, hearing his voice so soulless.
“Ok. I will sleep. Don’t regret this. Be proud when you see my coffin”
“Thalia, are you drunk? Hello, Thal. Hello?”
I hung up the phone. Maybe this was another bad decision of mine. I shouldn’t have called him. After all, everything was my fault.
After exactly 26 minuets I heard someone knock on my door. I was alone, they all left to eat dinner.
“Who is it?”
Someone came in without receiving permission. It was Arlen.
“You’re such a coward. Why did you come? It’s still early, my coffin is not ready”
“Once you die, i will most likely be preparing a room in heaven for the greatest angel’s arrival”
“It’s going to happen earlier than you think. Anyway, help me get up. I want to show you something”
“What about all these things?”
“Just rip them off”
“Oh no, I can’t look at blood. I will pass out”
“You’re such a baby” I was used to ripping off the IVs. It wasn’t my first time.
He came and helped my get off my bed. His hands were warm. No just practically, but emotionally as well. I could feel his heart so close to my hand.
I could feel his emotions slowly making their way into every bit of my soul.
He opened the door so that we could leave the room. Suddenly we saw a bunch of policemen coming towards us.
“Hello. Can you tell us where is Mr. James?”
“Why are looking for my dad? Is everything alright?”
“He should-“
“Yes, I’m here. What do you want?” Dad came while taking each step slower than usual. I know something wasn’t quite right.
“You should come with us to office. I have an official order from the court”
“Dad, what is happening? What have you done? Tell me dad!”
“I will be back-“
“He is coming with us with the guilt of being responsible for the disappearance of 5 government officials from the DSN party”
“Dad, what is he saying?”
I felt Arlen’s grip loosened until he completely let go of my hand.
“I will be back, honey. Don’t worry. We will leave this hospital together next Monday” dad kissed my forehead and left.
Mom came upstairs while crying.
“What should we do? Sam, tell me” mom was asking my brother in law since he was my dad’s assistant.
“I’m leaving”
“Arlen, where are you going? Don’t leave. I need you!”
Just like that he left, and after two minutes I got a message from him.
“Sorry I don’t want to be associated with this mess. Don’t try to reach me until your family gets everything together”
He was such a coward. I was speechless. He left me the second my father was suspected of doing something. The first thing that came to my mind was that how can I possibly trust him with my life and start dating him.
I didn’t do anything for like four hours. I didn’t cry, I didn’t scream, I didn’t even talk. Suddenly someone called mom and said that dad is going to be suspended for a week until his innocence is proven. I knew what that meant. My father wasn’t a normal person, he was a politician. The second he stepped into jail, we all knew people will all go against him.
When I heard that, my whole life flashed in front of my eyes. I thought about a month ago when i was happy. Life was simple, I didn’t have any problems, my biggest problem at the time was not seeing Ar during Physics class. But now everything is different, everyone is slowly leaving me. Losing the ones you love is devastating specially when you’re sure you will leave just like them. Everything was so hectic. They all ignored me.
I didn’t sleep that night. It was around 6 in the morning, I went upstairs to visit Cameron. I was so hopeless. There was no one around, and when I looked through the window, there was no one in Cam’s bed. My heart started beating faster. One million things and possibilities came to my mind. I went straight to the reception to ask them. The guy there was sleeping.
“Excuse me! Hey?”
“Oh..oh yes. Excuse me what should I do for you?” He was as confused as I was.
“There was a patient called Cameron. They got him here around 10 hours ago. Where is he right now? Tell me quickly please”
“Calm down ma’am, he got better, so they sent him to another room. It’s room number 601 in 7th floor”
“Thank you”
I was feeling a lot better. I pressed the elevator and went straight to 7th floor. I actually realized that the hospital is only 9 floors.
I opened the door of Cam’s room slowly. He was there. It wasn’t a normal room, but i seemed like a suite. He was on the bed and in the other room, there was a woman and a man sleeping. I saw them through the door crack.
I went and held Cameron’s hands. They were cold. The moment I touched them, I felt a rush of tears coming.
“Cam! What are you doing here? You should be sleeping at home right now. This is not your place” I was whispering because first, I didn’t want to wake his parents up and second, I wasn’t too sick and tired to make any sound.
I felt his hand move. I thought it was just me. But now he also opened his eyes.
“Leave me alone” those were Cameron’s first words. But I was so excited about him being fine that I didn’t really mind until it hit me all at once, “why do you have to be a part of everything. You’re not the center of everything that is happening. Get over yourself and leave” he was supposed to be sick, why did he become such a good talker all of a sudden?
“But..bu... what have I done to deserve this? Why did you do it?” I was crying but yet whispering. I was so pathetic.
“JUST GO!”
I left right away.
That was when I decided and planned everything. This was enough. “I can’t go on” I kept repeating. I went back to my room to write something. I was crying and sweating all at once. I was nervous more than ever. I wrote 3 text messages to the three guys that played with me as if I was some sort of toy and one letter to mom and dad who never knew what was going on in my life.
Yes, as you expect, i went to 9th floor by the elevator and climbed the stairs to the rooftop.


© 2018 thalia


Author's Note

thalia
Thanks for reading my story. I have been super busy with college and exams. I did my best to write and this was what I came up with on a weekend. I hope you enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

sad chapter,but intense and exciting

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2018
Last Updated on April 21, 2018
Tags: Love, teen, accident, youth


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia