Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by thalia

I woke up feeling empty more than ever. No one was in my room. I called my mom, dad, everyone but no one came. I realized I was in a different room. The only person that came to me was the nurse. She smiled at me. Such a simple smile got me emotional. She told me to stay calm and try not to move. Stay calm? How could I be calm? After the fight I had with Coby, who could be calm? After knowing that Coby had betrayed me in the worst way possible, I wanted to tell him for the last time to stay away from me, to go and live his life. I hated and loved Coby all at the same time. I wanted him all for myself yet I wanted him to be happy with the person of his dreams. But not anymore. Just thinking about him made me feel sick.
I knew for a fact that I was diagnosed with some kind of brain disease judging by the fact that there were like 10 equipments attached to me. 2 days went by and I didn’t see anyone. I could only see my family from a small window. Finally after those two days, they took me back to my older room. The doctor came. “Hey little princess! How are you doing now? Feeling relaxed?” Why was he calling me a little princess? Everyone is getting freaking strange.
“So let me tell you the rules. No usage of phone for longer than 15 minuets. No arguing with anyone. No drinking and smoking hahaha” he was a great doctor but he sense of humor oh my God, it would always make me feel awkward for about an hour.
“Am I allowed to go out?”
“Yes, actually walking for a few minutes would help you a lot”
“No, I mean like can I leave? I’m better now. Why am I still here?”
“Oooh no no no. You still have like 50% to go.”
He left the room and I asked for my phone.
“U didn’t die this time, but I promise u will the next time we meet” who sends a text message to threaten someone. It doesn’t make any sense for my family to give me my phone while seeing a message telling me that i will die probably the next time I see anyone. I wasn’t quite sure about that, but once I saw someone come into my room I was sure that no one except me and that person had seen the message.
“Hey Thalia. How are you?” It was Marlin, Daniel’s girlfriend.
“The doctor told me to stay away from fake things, so please go out”
Marlin was a good friend of mine until she started dating Daniel when she obviously knew about all the drama between me and Daniel. She never cared. Well that’s why they say that college is full of “friends of benefits” as how they call it.
“Coby fought with Daniel this morning. He was saying that Daniel was the one responsible flr the shooting. His face was all covered in blood. Thalia, please drop the lawsuit. Daniel is in a really bad situation right, mentally and physically”
Wait what? A lawsuit? Oh my God. My parents are going to be the last of me. But I had to keep my cool because this wasn’t a situation to slack off in.
“You know what, Marlin? Daniel is going to throw you away once he gets tired of you. Stay away from this matter and him as well. Now leave I have to rest. Also I have been laying on this bed for 9 f*****g days. Did you also feel bad for me? Because I don’t give one f**k about Daniel and his situation”
“But Thalia please-“
“I said go out!”
She finally left. I was trying to calm myself down.
“Mom!” I had so many questions to ask.
“Honey are you awake”
“Unfortunately yes. Mom, why did you fill that stupid lawsuit. Even if it was all Daniel and his father’s plan to shoot me, do you really think they will give up so easily? Do you know that his whole life depends on all those rumors that are being spread about him. Why exactly would do such a thing?”
“Thalia, calm down. Remember, no arguing! Also we filled a lawsuit because the investigation was just pure crap. We can’t leave this alone. We asked for another throughout investigation by a more efficient team.”
“Oh wow. How great! Mom please leave” that was the rudest i had always been to mom. I regret it but I couldn’t do any other thing.
Mom left and I called Ethan. Suddenly I decided to become a little more selfish and ask him for Arlen’s number.
“Why would you need his number? I see what you’re doing there eeeeyyyy”
“Ethan, stop and give me the damn number”
He sent me the number and I took two pills then called him. Because honestly I would never be able to call him if I wasn’t a bit high.
“Hey Arlen. How are you?” My voice was shaking, I was so nervous.
“Oh my God, hey Thalia! How are you? I didn’t expect you to call! How are you now? I missed you so much” he sounded really excited or at least that was how I wanted him to feel about my phone call.
“Thanks. Ummm I was wondering if you wanted to hang out sometime” damn it Thalia, can you get any dumber?
“Are you out of the hospital? Sure we can hang out.”
“No I’m still at the hospital. You can come here”
“Seriously? Can I? I didn’t dare to come and annoy you since the day you told me to go”
“It’s fine or I’m sorry.”
“Ok. I will be there in an hour”
I hung up the phone feeling like I could fly at any second.
“Thalia” a deep and familiar voice called my name. It was Cameron. He sounded rather sad.
“Hey Cam. How are you?”
“I’m not fine Thalia. What should I do?”
“What do you mean? What’s wrong? Why are you crying? Cam, look at me” I got up to look at him better.
“Thalia I love you”
“WHAT?! Why? I mean what?” I was super confused.
“I want to be with you, but he is not leaving any of us alone. Thalia I know you’re sick, but I need someone to take care of me, to love me, to ask me about my day”
“Wait who’s him? I’m so confused right now Cam. Take it slow and tell me little by little”
“Coby. He has been questioning all of us for like 2 days. He was like no one is going to hurt Thalia anymore and that we should face him first before looking at you and all.”
“So he finally went mad”
Cameron was still crying and I felt like my whole world was being crashed.
“Come here Cam”
“But Thalia someone will see us”
“I don’t care. I need this too. Don’t say anything”
He came forward and I hugged him with all the energy that was inside of me. My heart started beating faster, but this time, it was because I was doing something that i had always wanted. At that moment, everything felt so damn right. I wanted to hug him for an entire day or even for my whole life. He was so warm. He was so perfect. He smelled so f*****g good. He transferred all of his emotions into my body through his cold tears. He was crying even in my arms. I failed in protecting him. How could I forgive myself. I lost control over myself. Did something that no one thought I would do, not even myself . I suddenly remembered Coby and Ar. Oh Cameron, what did you make me do? A new chapter of guilt and insecurity was about to start.


© 2018 thalia


Author's Note

thalia
I was really busy with college that was why I couldn’t write anything! Hopefully I will be able to write a lot more starting from today. Enjoy the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I was super confused when Thalia hung up on Ar then out of no where Cameron -who I had to look for him in ch.4- came to the picture and confessed with no introductions.....
After reading the last part 2 or 3 times to get.. It all came together
Its suuuuuppppeerr amazing, the way you are twisting it and tangling characters togther, just brilliant.
You write well in this genre, I don't think myself twisting it like this, Hhhhhh

Can't wait for next chapter

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank ypu so much for your great review. I kinda like twisted things that’s why i try my best to p.. read more



Reviews

I was super confused when Thalia hung up on Ar then out of no where Cameron -who I had to look for him in ch.4- came to the picture and confessed with no introductions.....
After reading the last part 2 or 3 times to get.. It all came together
Its suuuuuppppeerr amazing, the way you are twisting it and tangling characters togther, just brilliant.
You write well in this genre, I don't think myself twisting it like this, Hhhhhh

Can't wait for next chapter

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

Thank ypu so much for your great review. I kinda like twisted things that’s why i try my best to p.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2018
Last Updated on March 29, 2018
Tags: Love, teen, accident, youth


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia