Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by thalia

The doctor came in and Ar left. His words were all over my mind. I felt so sorry for him. I wanted to go and hug him tell him that I won't leave, tell him that I will make up for all the love that his mother couldn't give him. The doctor asked me if I was fine. He said that I was doing better. He told me not to worry about anything because that will help me get well sooner. To be honest I didn't have any expectations to live. I felt like I was definitely going to leave. I was exceptionally selfless. I wanted to tell everyone including mom and dad te leave me alone because me leaving suddenly would hurt them beyond words. During my time at the hospital I would cry everyday at least twice. A new thing that started to happen was that I would nightmares of the shooting scene in slow motion. I would feel every second in complete detail.
It was my 4th day at the hospital and a group of 5 people as representatives of university came to visit me. It consisted of Mr. Matt, dean of the students, Mr. Oliver, my calculus teacher, Cameron, student president of English department, Tiffany, member of student council, and someone that I didn't expect to see even in my wildest dreams. Coby, the new president of the student council.
I was beyond shocked. They all expressed sadness over such an unfortunate situation. Coby on the other hand was just out of it. He didn't say anything. Mr. Matt suddenly said "just yesterday I was looking at Ms. Thalia's profile and she is actually from the same high school as Coby. Is that true?" Coby looked at me for a few seconds and he was like "yes, it's true. Actually we were friends for quite a long time, but unfortunately some things happened that got us separated. Right Thalia?" We were never friends. His face was scarily serious. Why was he doing this? What was his intention? I was trying to forget him out of everyone. "We will find out the person and the intention behind this" said Mr. Oliver. "We as the student council will promise you Thal that everything is going to be fine at university" Tiffany was such a nice and cool girl. But all that was going through my mind was Coby's words.
I guess it was too visible on my face that they said I look tired and they must go to let me rest. Coby said that he is going to stay for a few more minutes to ask a few questions. Mr. Matt was more suitable for that role, so why was Coby acting like he is the main of the investigation?
"Coby, I'm tired. Can you just le-"
"No Thalia we have to talk"
"What do you want? Keep it quick and simple. Don't waste my time" i was being as rude as possible for my own heart and feelings. I didn't want to go back to the same situation that I was in 4 years back when I found out Coby was dating my best friend.
"Thalia, tell me. Does Daniel have anything to do with this whole situation?"
"what do you mean. Who's Daniel?"
"Don't act dumb. We all know damn well that Daniel's father lost the election because of your father"
Daniel Parker was my one and only enemy. At first, it was a childish kind of rivalry, but then it got serious when he started rumors about my father having an affair with another woman. My dad was in a political party and one his rivals from the same party was Mr. Parker aka Daniel's father.
"How do you know about all this, Coby? Do you know how dangerous it is to point to someone without having enough evidence?"
"I don't f*****g care, Thalia. If it's that a*****e, I'm going to bury him alive. Tell me now, has anything happened recently between you and Daniel?"
"And why exactly do you care? This is not something you should be asking about. There's a whole police unit outside to do that. You don't have to know what has happened between me and Daniel or my father and Mr. Parker. Leave, right now"
"Do you know why I care? Are you ready to know what I really mean by these questions? Do you even remember what happened between us back in 9th grade? Are you ready to unlock the the old box of secrets that we used to share" his eyes were red. I was scared of him. No i wasn't ready. I didn't know what to do.
"What are you even talking about. Nothing has ever happened to link me and you specially, Mr. Coby, together and go out and leave me alone without saying one more word."
I called mom to force Coby to go out. Suddenly I couldn't see anything and Coby's voice was echoing inside my mind. Suddenly I lost consciousness and dreamt about that day. The day that Cony was referring to.


© 2018 thalia


Author's Note

thalia
Thanks for reading. I write each chapter in a night or less because that's how I get the motivation to write. Please overlook grammatical and linguistic errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter getting things tangled.. better keep my eyes wide open to see what happens next chapter

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

6 Years Ago

I'm so happy to see you getting more interested as it means I'm doing a decent job in keeping reader.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
1 Review
Added on March 20, 2018
Last Updated on March 20, 2018
Tags: Love, teen, youth, accident


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia