Chapter 11 THE END

Chapter 11 THE END

A Chapter by thalia
"

The last moments of a life are the first steps of a new beginning.

"
“Do you really think I won’t do it? I took 45 pills like 10 hours ago just to die. Now that there’s such an awesome chance I won’t back out”
He did really climb the parapet. I was so surprised. Of course I hated him at that moment, but only God knows how much I cared for that guy. I was like his guardian angel. I would always try to keep bad things out of his way without him knowing. I was still unsure how things turned out that way. It was all Arlen’s fault. I was never going to forgive what he did to me and Cameron as well.
We looked at each other for a few seconds. The sun was shining right on his eyes. His brown eyes were shining so brightly. We were both a mess. Both crying and trying to jump from an enormous building knowing that our chance of making out alive after jumping would be 0.00001%.
Then Cameron looked straight forward and closed his eyes. He held my hand and said “are you ready? Let’s visit Roman together. He will be so happy to see us”
His grip on my hand tightened. That was when reality hit me. This was Cameron beside me and we were going to commit suicide. I remembered that I had promised Cameron to always protect him. My body acted without me knowing it. I pushed Cameron as hard as I could and thankfully it was enough to throw him away onto the floor. But unfortunately he was holding my hand and I fell with him. I stood up right away and went straight to the parapet. He grabbed my arm and started shouting.
“Can you f*****g grow up? What is wrong with you? How can jump off a f*****g building just because a mare friend told you to leave him alone?! Am I that important??? I know for a fact that I’m not. Can you act like the rest of the world for once and stop being genuinely worried for me? There’s more to come, Thalia. So be prepared. You will learn as time passes that life is just survival of the fittest. You won’t see daylight I swear they will eat you up alive”
By now I was crying my eyes out. Though I didn’t have energy but my crying voice was louder than ever.
“Do you really think I did this only because of you? How dumb can you get? You don’t know s**t so don’t act like you’re the wise one. I don’t have anything or anyone left. Why do i need to live? Hell is probably better than this f*****g life. I need a kind of help that no one can really offer. I’m gonna go to God and ask him about my life. I will ask him about why my life is so miserable? What did i do wrong to deserve this? Why me out of 7 billion people? I will ask him if i had lived longer, would have i ever found peace, love, and care?”
I just sat on the floor. I had nothing else to say. I actually did have a lot of things to say, but what was the point? Was it going to change anything? No! So why bother him and me with empty words.
I guess I was so pathetic because Cameron came and sat on the floor to hug me. His hug was like a burning fire at that time. I knew I needed that hug so i just let my feelings and my body get lost inside his touch. I cried as much as I could. I buried my face in his chest. It was the second time I felt that kind of warmth and peace.
“Thalia, promise me you will live, promise me you will hang on”
“Cameron....i-i..-I’m so tired. Let’s leave” I didn’t mean to just practically go downstairs and lay on my bed. I wanted someone to just hold my hand and take me somewhere safe. Someone to show me real love. Someone to accept me who I really am. Then suddenly I remembered how selfish i was being. Poor guy came back from death and now he has to deal with my ugly crying.
“Cameron, promise me you will never do that again. Promise me you will be there for me when i need you just like how you were here today”
“Thalia, let’s leave that to fate”
We heard footsteps getting louder. A nurse who usually checks up on me during morning time was with one of the guards. She saw me on the floor and came running to help me get up. I let go of Cameron and went down with the nurse while the guard helped Cam to get up. I asked the nurse how they knew we were up there and apparently the guard had seen us through the security camera. We went down through the elevator and I saw Cameron’s face clearly. He was extremely colorless.
“Sorry” i put my hand on Cam’s shoulder because I realize how of a great sin I’ve committed to text all those people at that hour, specially him.
“Let’s forget about this whole thing, Thalia” his eyes were as bright as the sun despite being sick. “We both have a long way to go, so let’s go in peace”
I felt guilty and hopeless at the same time.
“My phone, I forgot my phone on the rooftop” seeing Cam reminded me of Coby.
“I will bring it for you once we get to your room” said the nurse.
We got to my room and mom was still sleeping. I laid down for about 5 hours. But before that, i took the letter and teared it all apart. After I woke up, mom told me that dad was going to be released since there was nothing proven against him. Someone must have told her about the previous night because she hugged my and cried her eyes out then she said “I’m so happy you’re my daughter. You’re so strong and no one will be able to bring you down. Our lives are going to change”.
Fast forward, my dad came out of prison then quit his job, i got out of the hospital and quit my older university. We went to a different place. Away from everyone. Away from people’s judgement. Away from people’s gunshots.
You may ask “what about Arlen, Coby and Cameron?” Well I left them too. On the day that I went to university to say goodbye to everyone I found out that a lot of things were different, everyone seemed happy without me, and the day was as happy and bright as ever.
I will start a new life. I will be the person I want myself to be. I won’t pretend.


© 2018 thalia


Author's Note

thalia
I decided to end it here though there were more things to say, but right now is the best time to end this story. Thank you for reading my first ever written and published story. I hope this can be the beginning of a lot more stories.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i liked that.. thats the surprising best ending i could ever imagine for the course of this story..

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

5 Years Ago

Thank you! It was actually going to be different, but i had a hard time thinking about who to choose.. read more
this is a touching story,,sad though

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

thalia

5 Years Ago

It’s closer to reality
 wordman

5 Years Ago

sorry,and you`re welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2018
Last Updated on May 18, 2018
Tags: Love, teen, youth, accident


Author

thalia
thalia

sulaimanyah, Iraq



About
I'm a 19 year old college student. I love writing and i hope through this website, i can improve my writing and hopefully share some of my work with everyone. more..

Writing
My last Spring My last Spring

A Story by thalia


7th September 7th September

A Chapter by thalia


Innocent Childhood Innocent Childhood

A Chapter by thalia



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I am She I am She

A Poem by θεά&nb..


The Escapist The Escapist

A Story by GwenLark


Zombie Zombie

A Poem by Raghib