Festival of Darkness

Festival of Darkness

A Chapter by Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
"

Purest light of heaven meets the darkness of hell, dissolving the stars from the night into black. The fate of all humankind is about to be changed as crimson sky beckons around an manevolent moon.

"
Photobucket>

In the late1970�s Celestine gazed upon the sandy shores of the mother city, Cape Town. She would always remember this moment so well, sucked into some kind of time warp, watching all the people on the darkened beach, lit by what seemed like hundreds of bonfires. Laughter filled the air with the sweet aroma of dope, lust and the misty sea, overwhelming her senses. Everything looked pure hippiedom, all that was missing was the bellbottoms and peace signs, but the rest was pretty damn close, she thought.

Her friends had led her there. After an evenings drinking in nearby bars they heard of the beach parties and soon disappeared amongst the mass of people. Being a shy young eighteen year old Celestine stood away from the crowd, watching everybody have fun, wishing that she could join one of the groups, her confidence not letting her move to embrace the evening. One group particularly captured her attention. She had the feeling that they were different, not the camp songs type, and she watched them closely. Eventually her curiousity got the better of her and Celestine slowly wandered towards the group, half scared, half hoping, that they would invite her to join them.

Suddenly she noticed one of the men in the group standing up and walking straight towards her. Celestine screamed inwardly, excitement rising within the depths of her mind, as he came closer. He looked attractive, unusually so for a man wanting to make himself known to her. That thought caused her to grin happily towards him. Usually she only attracted those from the bottom end of the free single men and had maintained her pledge to retain her virginity until she had found that right man.

His slim body revealed itself through an unbuttoned sleeveless shirt and a pair of short trousers showing his legs to good effect. His eyes and smile drew her in. Quickly she ran her fingers through her hair blowing in the light sea breeze. Celestine wanted to look presentable. There was just something in this man's demeanor that made her want to feel her best. Her beauty had always been in her natural flowing raven black hair that never seemed to end and, of course, Celestine's strikingly transparent green eyes. These had forced many men to their knees and she anticipated switching on her charms once again.

�I couldn�t help but notice you standing here all alone�, the man said as he moved closer to her. �Are you waiting for someone?�

She laughed, thankful that the dim colours in the night stopped him seeing her cheeks redden by the sound of his voice. Immediately Celestine searched for that tell-tale wedding ring on his finger or at least the marks of one. Instead, she saw only a heavy black one around his middle finger that had a rich green glowing amulet within. When he had spoken, she noticed such a calming tone and began to trust him immediately. This was very unlike Celestine. She felt a touch nervous as her relationships with men had only ever been short-term and she was conscious of being taken advantage of. However, she hadn't said a word to that man yet and felt a little foolish for thinking too far ahead before speaking to him.

�No, I am just standing around admiring the beautiful night", she eventually managed to say, still a little embarrassed, realizing that she was staring at him.

�That's good to know�, he smiled, scanning her all over from top to bottom. She could feel his eyes looking right through her clothes, making her feel naked, but strangely, she didn�t mind. There was something about him that intrigued her so much that she had to find out more.

�Walk with me� he said suddenly, holding his hand out towards her. Celestine hesitated for a moment then took it feeling the power of his touch.

�Where are we going?� she asked excited.

Inquisitiveness and the drinking of earlier that night made her feel lightheaded and intrigued by this sudden offer. She laughed to show she felt at ease and in control as they slowly began to move away from his gathering of friends along down the shoreline. He waved to them as though they too would understand his attraction and wish to take a stroll with this girl.

He looked at her, replying to her question with a forceful glow in his eyes. He was heading for somewhere quiet where the two of them could be at peace with the world and get to know each other a little better. That glow must have been from the moonlight Celestine thought as they moved on. As they walked further and further through the sand, deeper and deeper into the night, the sound of the voices on the beach began to fade into the distance. The lights of the fires became like far away stars in the sand. After a time of walking in solitude, the only sound coming from the whooshing of the waves for company, he stopped. Celestine looked around, just the two of them and the ocean. This felt like perfect romance only read in true love stories. Neither of them knew each other�s name, she had taken the hand of a stranger and given him her trust, she hoped this might be an opportunity she would never again find in her life and Celestine wanted to be with this unknown man. This chance meeting felt so important and life changing.

�Please sit", he said as he himself sat down on the golden sands and beckoned her.

Celestine followed willingly, not completely sure why, but she did nonetheless realizing that this stranger had a power she so desired to feel. He asked her if she had ever danced in the moonlight or played in the shadows of the night. As he spoke black clouds appeared in the sky leaving a tiny glow of the moon and strange shapes appeared. This made her feel slightly ill at ease. She wasn't sure why but something covered up in this man's charm was beginning to fill the air with menace. Even so, they both continued to sit and chat aimlessly into the night air. Celestine began to feel she was only humouring him now and wanted to get away but couldn't find a way to draw the conversation where she wanted it to go. She heard the sudden chatter of birds; at least that's what Celestine thought she heard. Then she began to think why birds were flying at night.

"I'm going back to my friends now."

Finally Celestine said the words she had been waiting to say. She wondered about the effect of them as the man just stared at her and smiled. Celestine stood up and the black of night began to shroud her. There appeared nothing, just her and him. Her feet moved slowly away then tried to speed up. The yellow sand began to darken colour beneath her starting to move faster than she could. Spiders started to crawl up her legs biting, leaving traces of poison, stopping Celestine's motion and causing her to panic. She became transfixed by the pain, her vision became blurred and she fell backwards into the arachnopobic bed beneath her. In an instant the small black spiders curled up beside her and died as the darkness looked towards her.

"No! She must be pure", he screamed as she lay on the beach amongst the creatures of the night. All had come out now and were gathering to stare at their master and his prey.

"She is mine. She is the future," he bellowed angrily.

Slowly as Celestine came round she felt odd, no longer at one with the world, at least not the world she remembered. All her inhibitions had seemingly ebbed away into the sea. Her mind had dissolved into feeling totally protected by the man she had met, yet Celestine knew this was not right but logical thought had left her. Trying to stand, all she managed to do was fall into his waiting arms.

�Come to me," slowly he ran his fingers through her dark hair pushing Celestine back on the sand. There was no time to waste as other beings were watching, waiting, wanting his desire and soon she was to be his. Softly he kissed around Celestine's neck whilst his hands masterfully made their way around her waist, slowly and subtly removing her clothing. She was under his spell now, willingly allowing him to take control, letting him ready her. Celestine heard him begin to speak. The words were confusing and whilst she wanted to be scared she began to feel destiny awaiting her.

�You are the chosen, fertile one of the earth�, he whispered deviously in her ear. �Your womb will carry a legacy, which will make the underworld rejoice for many centuries to come.�

He placed his hand upon her abdominal area. She could feel the warmth of his touch burning into her like fire. Trying to say something, he quickly silenced her.

�My nectar will bestow upon you eternal gratitude, for you will fulfill a prophecy so ancient, that not even God himself will know of it.�

�Wha�?� she once again tried to utter a word.

�Hush sweet goddess, the gates are about to open� he said pointing towards the darkened skies, now lined with a crimson vein.

�Relax, allow them to consume you�

Suddenly bolts of lightning, flashing and crashing were upon them, opening the gateway of the unspeakable. A screeching noise that sounded like worn gates echoed through the night, a sound so supernatural that she could feel her skin crawl. Strangely, she found this arousing her whole body and her she felt her soul writhe around in the chanting of the darkened spirits now surrounding the two of them sand where they now lay.

�The time has come, the chosen one was found�
�The time has come, the chosen one was found�

Over and over again they celebrated, sending tremors through her body, exciting her even more as she felt herself become moist.

�Djinn has found her, the time is now�
�Djinn has found her, the time is now�

Celestine could hardly contain herself; something in those chants awakened her. Now she wanted nothing more than to have him inside of her, feel the satisfaction, the hardness of him. She sat upright and tried to grab into the darkness desperately needing his touch. That touch again burnt right through Celestine, igniting her feelings within, liberating emotion held trapped in chains, she heard him speak her name.

�I want you,� she replied screaming losing control of all inhibitions,�...take me now.�

Celestine pulled him towards her, forcing his body to mesh with hers. He felt strange now, not how she expected. The desirable being of before had changed shape into the of a demon, a darkened beast, an animal. He could only laugh artfully, knowing he had her right where he wanted her.

�It has begun, come, come!�


© 2008 Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. I love this. It is amazing. So well written, and so dark too. It kind of reminds me of Stephen King's The Stand, and I mean that in a very good way. The description is really good, and the story carries itself along with no effort from the reader. The emotions flow with the words, and it's very artfully written to make the reader feel for the character. Well done, I'm really looking forward to the next chapter. I know I said I would give you an honest and indepth review, but I really can't find any fault with it. I know that doesn't help with the writing of it, but it's all I can say. Sorry, but all I can say is continue with what you are doing, because it is great just the way it is. XX

Posted 16 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It's been said that the only true acting is being able to stand comfortably naked before an audience and say nothing. Your character, Celestine, has pulled that off from the start of this chapter.
She can feel the man staring right through her clothes, yet she remains strong and willing to see where the night will take her... no matter how sinister it may end.
Djinn is a masterpiece, the image of him reminding me of the devil painting in "Red Dragon".
Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Who's excited? Me! Nothing like joining forces with a friend and capturing an audience without their knowledge =) This is great! I agree with Fantasyfairy down there, in that of it reminds me of Stephen King. Not just The Stand though. It's that style of writing. The knack for grabbing your readers from the first sentence and holding them as long as they can stand it. It's a talent that most writers can only dream of possessing. High five for that. So far you've got enough sympathy, mystery, darkness, anticipation, and good old fashioned steamy passion to keep anyone who lays eyes on this held until you decide to let them go. I've already got some ideas for connections between the first two chapters. I'll keep them to myself though, lest I be found wrong haha. Thanks for the e mail too. Till next time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

well hot damn. That'll teach a hot young naive girl to be lured in by the charms of a stranger!!!! Fantastic chapter!!! There were a few typos ... so you may want to re-read...but otherwise....this was delightful and hypnotic...you held me from the start. Well done!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Leaves the reader wanting more.. loved this installment .. very interesting thus far..
Just a few things to iron out here and there . nothing that away from the story however..

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Excellence, yet again. There are a few errors, grammatical, but they are minor and I'm sure one of you can find them.

Very well written, and I can't wait to move on to the next chapter.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ok i see now that i should have read this one first. no wonder i was a bit confused on the other one. meh. anyway. i love the dialoug. at least you didnt become cliche or boring. i dont see many points if any that need attention. as always i admire the work you guys do. im honored to be able to read something this intresting. actually made my day. well good job and all that junk

Nikki

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow....what a tale. This is wonderfully written. Your descriptions paint such wonderful pictures. The story draws you in and carry's you along with it. A great piece of writting....a very creative piece. Keep them coming I want to know whats going to happen next :)


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice work. I see the tale is pulling along nicely. Excellent work

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very descriptive work, almost like Koontz in a way, not as dark as King. Teh emotions feel very real, so keep it real and make it so.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow! I am heartily impressed! It has a very good flow and all the words have obviously been carefully selected, I love the description at the start of the beach: Laughter filled the air with the sweet aroma of dope, lust and the misty sea, overwhelming her senses.
That's generally what makes people succumb to a party! And I like the way you used the sort of sweet, virign style girl for the chosen one, usually quite cliche' but you pulled it off well :)
I like the way you have the sort of creepy ceremony with the spiders and the sky, and actually ahving to do a sexual act, because although I love vampire and werewolf style things, it is a bit different than having to be bitten to be changed into an underworld style creature- well done on this, I think this is the best chapter I have read from you guys so far! :) xx

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

892 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008


Author

Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings
Natalie C and Gary H Collaborative Writings

Both sides of the world



About
Our first story is now complete and we would love any comments so we can determine whether this venture has been successful as a first draft or whether we should go back to the drawing board. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..