Chapter 12:  Angels

Chapter 12: Angels

A Chapter by ewest1220
"

“Issak,” she muttered coldly. “What will you become? An angel, or a demon.”

"

Chapter 12: Angels


Elenor walked down along the long hallway, counting doors as she went. It was nearly midnight the pale moon spread it's light through the great windows to her left. Overrunning the darkness of the hall with it's cold light. Giving the hallway a sort of eerie beauty about it.


“13, 14, 15.” She counted as she approached the door to Issak's room. She knew she shouldn't be here, that he was likely asleep. But she felt drawn to him like a moth to light she placed her hand on the door.


Suddenly a vision snapped through her head of Issak rising from his bed, eyes full of fury from being awakened. It was, however, quickly replaced by a vision of him sitting up. Pleased to see her face and welcoming her in.


“Either way,” Elenor muttered under her breath. “I need to ask him...”


She opened the door cautiously. But what she saw on the other side of the door made her jaw drop, her heart freezing in fear. For there was a pale woman dressed in white standing over Issak's bed. Her long blue hair falling around the base of two great white wings.


The woman turned to face her. Her deep, blue eyes gave her a questioning look.


“I must be insane,” Elenor stuttered as she fell to her knees. “Angels don't exist, they can't exist.”


“Angel?” Anri questioned.


Elenor pointed, her hand shaking, at the great wings spanning the length of the room.


“Ah,” Anri said quietly so as not to wake the man behind her. She folded her wings behind her back, they now brushed against the ceiling but some fear seemed to wane from Elenor's eyes.


“Who.... Who are you?” Elenor stammered.


“You think you're insane?” Anri said, ignoring her question. “Why?”


Elenor shook her hear hastily. “Why would an angel be here? Why tonight? Why... him?”


“This man is dangerous,” Anri said simply. “But surely you know that by now.”


“Be quiet!” Elenor snapped as Issak turned over in his sleep. “He isn't! He's not....”


“Come with me,” Anri said softly. “I must know more about this man, will you accept?”


“No,” Elenor said firmly.


“No?” Anri questioned. “Why not?”


“I don't trust you, Angel,” Elenor said simply.


“You love him?” Anri said, once again changing the subject.


“What?” Elenor said, taken aback.


“This man is a shifter,” Anri said carefully. “It was obvious to me within minutes of seeing him. Knowing that would you still endeavor to love him?”


Elenor gasped loudly, her voice echoing across the hall behind her. “A shifter? Issak is one of the damned.”


“That is correct,” Anri said calmly. “He is doomed to kill all who go near him. I am like him, not an angel, but a monster.”


“A monster?” Elenor said angrily. “Issak is not a monster!”


Issak turned again in his sleep. Yawning deeply, his face twisted form an unseen nightmare.


“Please follow me,” Anri said quietly. “Talking in your beautiful garden will be much better than disturbing his rest.”


“But,” Elenor stammered as her eyes drifted towards Issak's sleeping figure.


“I won't force you,” Anri said as she walked towards the door. Elenor followed her bitterly. Her mind spinning with questions, her heart frozen with fear. A fear, not of the angel before her, but of the man who was laying peacefully in his bed.


“This was the bench,” Anri said peacefully. “Where I watched the King and Issak converse.”


“The King is my father,” Elenor said sternly. “How dare you spy on my fathers business!”


“What do you know of Issak?” Anri said once again ignoring Elenor's voice.


“What is your name?” Elenor sneered.


Anri sighed, rolling her eyes. “My name is unimportant. Call me Lydia for now.”


“Is Issak really a shifter?” Elenor said fists shaking.


“Unfortunately, yes,” Anri said sadly. “A man with great power, who controls none of it.”


“Why not!?” Elenor shouted. “Why can't shifters control their powers?”


“If you had hiding within you enough power to change the face of the heart would you be able to hold it in your heart?” Anri said angrily. “Do you really think the human body can contain the forces of life and death. Do you really think that the power to manipulate and destroy this entire castle can be held back?”


Elenor stared Lydia, taken aback. “Then why are you here?” She said angrily. “If he is such a monster why does an angel watch over him?”


“Watch over him?” Anri said as she stared around the beautiful garden. “I wonder...”


“Answer my question!” Elenor screamed. “Why is this man being watched by an angel?”


“I am not an angel,” Anri said sadly. “These wings are what allows me to control my powers. To put it more specific, my powers come from these wings.”


“I do not understand,” Elenor said bitterly. “Angels have white wings.”


“As do seagulls,” Anri chuckled softly. “Would you call a carrion bird angelic?”


“No,” Elenor sighed. “Than why are you here?”


“Why indeed,” Anri muttered. “I am drawn to him, like you in some sense. Please, what do you know of Issak?”


“He is a kind hearted man,” Elenor said in response.


“Really?” Anri questioned. “To me he seemed a killer.”


Elenor's eyes began to fill with tears. “He saved my life!”


“By doing what?” Anri snapped. “How many people did he kill to save your life?”


“He.... he....” But Elenor was already sobbing furiously, she turned and ran, away from the garden and toward the rooms once more. She barged into the door, panting and sobbing desperately.


Issak leapt from his bed and reached for his sword. But at the sight of Elenor collapsed on the ground, wailing desperately, he stayed his hand.


“Elenor?” Issak said cautiously as he kneeled by her side. “Are you alright? What happened?”


Elenor tried to open her mouth to speak, but it was useless, her tears blinding her eyes and heart. Issak picked her up carefully.


“Let's get you back to your father,” Issak said comfortingly. “He must be worried sick.”


“No rest for the weary,” Issak thought bitterly. He closed the door behind him. Elenor's tears stained the carpet next to a splattering of blood. Seconds after the door had shut an angel appeared in his room. Anri wiped the blood form her transformation from his floor a deep sigh filling her lungs.


“Issak,” she muttered coldly. “What will you become? An angel, or a demon.”



© 2012 ewest1220


Author's Note

ewest1220
The original idea for this chapter was incomplete so I modified it slightly. I wanted to add a lot more to the book than I originally intended. Please let me know what you think! Any input is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Alright ewest...I love your characters....Anri is great, and very creepy for an angel...Although angels can be pretty creepy to begin with if you think about it LoL This Isaak seems like the same Isaak from Children of the Corn...Not exactly the same but with that same absolute creepiness and freaky aura around him...Elanor is very gutsy for turning down the askings of an angel....She askes at the end what will you become when I think she should be asking herself the same question....Your writing is extremely ...well...tidy and neat...Like a priceless art museum, nothing is out of place, everything is fitted perfectly and in turn it makes every part of your story easy to understand...Some people, myself included, it takes a GPS to navigate around their writings but with you it is a simple walk in the park...Excellent job so far my friend!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Man you blew me away with this one my friend all I can say is thank you so much for reading! I'm re.. read more



Reviews

Nice

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
Alright ewest...I love your characters....Anri is great, and very creepy for an angel...Although angels can be pretty creepy to begin with if you think about it LoL This Isaak seems like the same Isaak from Children of the Corn...Not exactly the same but with that same absolute creepiness and freaky aura around him...Elanor is very gutsy for turning down the askings of an angel....She askes at the end what will you become when I think she should be asking herself the same question....Your writing is extremely ...well...tidy and neat...Like a priceless art museum, nothing is out of place, everything is fitted perfectly and in turn it makes every part of your story easy to understand...Some people, myself included, it takes a GPS to navigate around their writings but with you it is a simple walk in the park...Excellent job so far my friend!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Man you blew me away with this one my friend all I can say is thank you so much for reading! I'm re.. read more
I agree with the other reviewers that this chapter seems to be a bit rushed. However, I actually kind of liked how Anri was messing a bit with Elenor. I hope that it means some character development is in the works for Elenor. Thus far, she has stayed in the role of a rather naive girl. She's a very nice character, although she was a bit snooty in this chapter, but if she just stays as a nice, naive character who doesn't grow out of her naivety by the end of the story, then I will be rather frustrated with her. Don't be afraid to add some depth to Elenor, to show some different sides of her personality. I've read some pretty good books in which the most naive character actually turned out to be the one who survives everything that is thrown at them because they grow and learn like real people. Other than the rushed feeling and hoping for some character development with Elenor, this chapter was a great read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I think I can solve both problems with the planned addition on this coming out next week :-).. read more
FantasyLover24601

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! And I have been noticing the improvements in the later chapters, so don't get discou.. read more
It seems rushed (like other people have said), and it leaves some questions unanswered. But it's still pretty good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Hmm I'll diffidently have to take a closer look at this one. Though the input I'm getting is quite h.. read more
interesting...nice dialogue between the women...unless i missed one of your pieces there seems to be a radical jump in the storyline

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

The story does do a bit of a jump here but that's planned :) I had to tweak it a bit because this ch.. read more
Okay, so now I'm confused ... Why is there blood on the carpet?

But as you say, it doesn't feel like a finished chapter. You're in a bit of a hurry, maybe you need to re-write again?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

The blood is from when the wings appear. They rip from the skin so there's a bit of a mess :/ and I.. read more
An angel, I hope. It sucks for Issack that he was born into something hated. Next chapter here I come

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Sweet! I'm glad you're enjoying this!
It was nearly midnight the pale moon spread it's light through the great windows to her left. Overrunning the darkness of the hall with it's cold light. Giving the hallway a sort of eerie beauty about it.
----its

How dare you spy on my fathers business---father's

But Elenor was already sobbing furiously, ----furiously;

Anri wiped the blood form her transformation from his floor a deep sigh filling her lungs.-----from....i also suggest you use the word off instead of from so it read Anri wiped the blood from her transformation off his floor, a deep sigh filling her lungs.

Other than that, love this concept and I think you have a great book going here

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the help! I'm really glad you're enjoying this book and thank you so much for.. read more
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
That is so nice so far. Are you going to finish it?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Absolutely, in fact it's already done. I just have to transfer it to the computer. Takes a bit an.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Its okay ^.^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

739 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2012
Last Updated on August 13, 2012
Tags: Book, Dark, Reflective, Fantasy


Author

ewest1220
ewest1220

Columbia Falls, MT



About
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have been featured in about 4 books, have won several contests for my work and currently have a paperback edition of my works. (Titled "A Winter Wa.. more..

Writing
The Light The Light

A Poem by ewest1220


Black Rain Black Rain

A Poem by ewest1220



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My child My child

A Poem by V.J.C.